Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homes / calatlantics and subcontractors

Henderson, NV, United States

Please read on

I am requesting that Henderson Building and Safety to review excessive notched joists.

I have plenty other emails with even more complex issues.

Alex,

As a courtesy to who? CalAtlantic and its subcontractors are the ones who installed the defective work, not the Kowal's.

So please do not make it sound like your company is doing us a favor or going above and beyond because you're not. As a matter of fact, your customer service rep. Linda had no clue as what as to what work was required even after the numerous emails between my wife and her. "She thought we needed tile work in powder room when it was clearly spelled out it was the laundry room." I could go on and on, but the email trains themselves are self-explanatory and a matter of record.

CalAtlantic is the one that is inconveniencing and costing the Kowal’s time and money 1-1/2 years after final purchase to accommodate your people to rework all the problems we have had with CalAtlantic. And let's be clear, this is not just the first time we are having a conversation like this. Again, there are numerous emails stating the problems we have had with CalAtlantic.

I'm sure you saw the tile installation picture of cracked tile and incorrect grout color in our laundry. Who allows there subcontractor to do this? Where was you quality control or field supervision?

We did not buy cracked tile or the wrong color grout. I will not except anything but new work, this is to include the grout, it will not be dyed! I did not purchase it that way and dye wears out.

As I stated, I will be home the 13th through 15th to oversee the work which CalAtlantic has not.

I must now bring to you attention that we may have more areas of uneven floor in the great room along the walls. We will need to look at this issue again.

Ed Kowal

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Horwood [mailto:Alex.[protected]@calatl.com]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 11:45 AM
To: Kowal, Ed
Cc: Betty Kowal; Tyson Williams
Subject: RE: Kowal Residence

Ed,

Tyson and Linda attempted to go above and beyond last week by taking the unusual step of scheduling work for Saturday and Sunday as a courtesy. Our contracts with our trade partners mirrors our contracts with our homeowners concerning warranty work requirements, they are required to be available during business hours on regular business days only. Moving forward, we can only expect them to match their obligations as such.

We have kept the current schedule as is for the next three days. Please let me know if you wish to keep this schedule or change to other business days.

*Please note our office has moved

Alex Horwood

To: Alex Horwood
Cc: Betty Kowal ; Tyson Williams
Subject: Re: Kowal Residence

Alex,

All work moving forward will be scheduled when I'm home this weekend. May 13 - 15. I don't want to hear unfortunately because calatlantic does not provide quality work or have qualified field supervisors. I will supervise moving forward. The Kowal's are not available from this day and time. Please sch the times that I'm personally available. Calatlantic has wasted enough of my family's time and money.

Ed Kowal

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 8, 2017, at 9:25 AM, Alex Horwood wrote:
> Betty, the flooring does not have to be re-done. The chipped tile will be replaced and we can stain the grout in the laundry room to match. Unfortunately, our trade partners are only available during normal business hours. We should be able to wrap this up pretty quickly, with the baseboard today and the paint tomorrow, we can finish on Wednesday with the tie repairs.
> *Please note our office has moved
> Alex Horwood
> To: Alex Horwood
> Cc: Ed Kowal ; Tyson Williams
> Subject: Re: Kowal Residence
> Alex,
> I will make sure my son is there at 1:00 to let you in to look at the grout. It doesn't make sense to have the trim company come today since the flooring clearly needs to be re done. Going forward, all work will be done after 6:00 PM when I get home from work. I can not take time off from work for this and clearly your workers need to be supervised to do the job correctly. I am not going to keep going through this frustration dealing with workers in my home doing work that is not done correctly.
> Betty Kowal
> On Monday, May 8, 2017 7:53 AM, Tyson Williams wrote:
> Betty,
> Alex will call you about this and the rest of your schedule today.
> Las Vegas
> ; Alex
> Horwood
> Subject: Re: Kowal Residence
> Tyson,
> I am sending you photos of the tile job done yesterday in the laundry room. Since the grout is now dry I would think it would match, but it does not. There is also a chip on one of the tiles. Why the guy would put that in with a chip is beyond me. I am addressing you on this because I want you to see the kind of work that gets done by workers you send to our home. You wonder why we are so frustrated???
> [image1.JPG]
> [image2.JPG]
> On May 7, 2017, at 2:27 PM, Tyson Williams wrote:
> Betty,
> I am extremely unhappy about the grout and the entire scheduling conflict today. I personally informed them to bring grout. I feel since Alex has been to your home and seen the issues, he can properly schedule it more accurately to reach to goal to get it complete.
> I truly want the same thing you do; to provide you with the home the way it should be. I will get with Alex in the morning to see what is still needed to be complete. From what I think it is baseboard (tomorrow), then paint, and clean. Now grout since the installer does not have grout.
> On May 7, 2017, at 2:19 PM, Betty Kowal wrote:
> Tyson,
> Yes I did speak to the floor guy and he has arrived at the house. My son gave him the box of tiles and he asked if we had the grout. You asked Ed that question and he told you we do not have grout. I'm not sure what he is going to do now.
> All we want is the repairs completed and done correctly so we can have our home back the way it should be without all of these problems, confusion and inconvenience. This is just way more difficult than it should be and very frustrating and disruptive to our daily lives.
> If you would like us to deal directly with Alex that is fine. As long as he gets everything completed and is available if needed. If we are dealing only with Alex then it needs to be only Alex.
> On Sunday, May 7, 2017 1:50 PM, Tyson Williams wrote:
> Ed and Betty,
> I just heard from the tile install that he is five minutes away and has spoken to Betty. He has items to cover the appliances. I am not entirely sure what was promised by covering the appliances as I have only stepped in the help expedite the tile. I believe this is a true issue of to many people involved causing confusion. All our team wants to do is make this right and fix the issues. I think going forward it would be best if you both deal directly with our Customer Service Manager Alex. This will ensure everything is scheduled by one person.
> I understand your frustration; all we've ever want to do is provide good customer satisfaction. I hope the tile can be completed today and we can move toward the finish of the laundry room/powder room.
> On May 7, 2017, at 1:35 PM, Betty Kowal wrote:
> Tyson,
> I have had to have my son stay at the house and not work during the scheduled times so your workers can be there. Also, Linda said the workers would be there Sunday at 8:00. That worked because I had to leave at 8:30 so I could have let them in. She changed the time to 8-10 late Friday afternoon. That is why the schedule had to be changed. And I gave my 702 phone number to Linda a while back when we were dealing with other issues in this house. Linda also said the washer and dryer would be covered to avoid damage. Nothing was covered when I got home.
> On May 7, 2017, at 1:11 PM, Tyson Williams wrote:
> Ed,
> I have done everything possible to accommodate schedules and pull out all stops to ensure that things get done at your home per your schedule. Even when the schedule is set all day Friday and then last-minute email came through to change the timing on a Sunday I made a call to ensure that the timing was changed. It sure what else I would have been able to provide. If you would like; I can have my boss call you tomorrow.
> mobile: [protected] | office: [protected]
> On May 7, 2017, at 1:06 PM, Kowal, Ed wrote:
> Tyson,
> I have one question for you before I send an email to your corporate office and until I reach someone at calatlantic who care about quality work. WHY IS YOUR OFFICE, FIELD PERSONNEL AND SUBCONTRACTORS SO UNPROFESSIONAL? Linda who has no idea what's happening at our home continues to make mistakes, she has Betty's 702 number and WHY WILL YOUR SUBS NOT PROTECT OUR HOME AND APPLIANCES?
> ANY COMMENT OR EXCUSES?
> YELP,