Standard Chartered Bank / poor service from standard chartered bank
This is with regard to the late payment charges being laid upon me even after I made the payment.
The sequence went like this:
1. In April 2007, I asked the Standard Chartered people to change my billing address.
2. After that I went on site and came back in November, and to my surprise, the address was not changed.
3. I again called them up and asked to change the address and asked them to provide me Statement. I mentioned very clearly that since they didnt change the address previously, so whatever late charges they had laid had to be reverted because it was their mistake. They agreed to that. I also mentioned that unless i receive the Statement, I am not going to pay.
4. But I got the statement only on dec 25 and to my surprise, one more month late payment charges were added to it.
And the customer care people say that I would HAVE to pay, even though it was their mistake.
This bank really "sucks" in terms of customer service. They dont realize their mistake and keep on pestering the customers. My credit history with all other banks is extremely good and I am FED UP with SCB.
More Standard Chartered Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Standard Chartered Bank - worst bank ever! 
- Standard Chartered Bank UAE - unjustified deduction from account 
- Standard Chartered Bank - India - fraud, then excuse we are sorry! 
- Standard Chartered - fraud
- Standard Chartered Bank - scam documents 
- Standard Chartered Bank - incorrect bank transfer of my fund
- Standard Chartered Bank - amount debited to incorrect account or in suspense but no reply from bank yet
- Standard Chartered Bank - service very bad
- Standard Chartered Bank - delay of opening an acount
- Standard Chartered Bank - pakistan / customer service response