Standard Chartered Bank / fault transaction

Hong Kong Review updated:
3.35

I am from usa and came back to hk for work. When I asked for a eli for aud to hkd transaction, the officer mistakenly entered 2 transactions due to poor computer. This seemed simple, so I asked them to cancel the duplicated one but they finally cancelled all transactions. I did not realize this until after 1 month when the deposit was due but I received no interests! This is a worst bank I have ever seen as they internal communication is horrible. I am filing a law suite against scb as a result since I have all the facts and evident, even the transaction confirmation! But they insisted not to pay my interest. No one should ever this bank as this provides garbage service!

Comments

Va
  28th of Oct, 2008
I am from USA and came back to HK for work. When I asked for an ELI for AUD to HKD transaction, the officer mistakenly entered 2 transactions due to poor computer. This seemed simple, so I asked them to cancel the duplicated one but they finally cancelled all transactions. I did not realize this until after 1 month when the deposit was due but I received no interests! This is a worst bank I have ever seen as they internal communication is horrible. I am filing a law suite against SCB as a result since I have all the facts and evident, even the transaction confirmation! But they insisted not to pay my interest. Hence, no one should ever get services from SCB.
Ja
  7th of Oct, 2010
absolutely!!! Apparently their customer care is centralised, but it effectively means their customer care is nonexistent. And their internal communication system is utterly deplorable

Standard Chartered Bank Logo Standard Chartered Bank