StainSafe / Worry-No-More Furniture Protection Plan / Worry-No-More and StainSafe are the same company!

The Worry-No-More Furniture Protection Plan is the same company as StainSafe. They have the same telephone number: [protected].

I purchase a leather sofa, love seat, and ottoman from Macy's Department Store in September 2006. With this furniture I purchase a 7 year warranty with Worry-No-More to cover stains. In March 2007, I noticed a red ink mark on the leather sofa and tried the leather cleaning product to remove the stain. Unfortunately, the stain did not come off. I called Macy's Department Store and scheduled a time for a cleaning service to come to my house to clean the stain. I asked that the time not be in the morning but the afternoon and to call me on my cell phone to confirm my appointment . When I get my confirmation the call it is on my voice mail at home and the time is for the morning. I call Macy's to let them know the morning was not a good time and I would have to reschedule. In the meantime, I visit the Macy's Department store where I purchased the furniture and talk with the sales rep who sold me the furniture. I tell him everything about trying to get my sofa cleaned. He tries to help me by calling the Worry-no-More people. They tell him they cannot honor my warranty because I let the 10 days lapse before calling in my claim. This is not true. Then they say because I really did not know how the stain got on the sofa, that I was guessing how it happened, they could not clean it. They gave me a lot of bogus reasons for them to not honor the warranty. So I call Macy's again, and of course, they send me back to StainSafe. My outcome right now is I have written Macy's about this company and I still have my stain.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Pa
      5th of Mar, 2011

I called Worry no More and told them I have had a difficult time removing a stain. I tried for two months before I called them. They told me they wouldn't handle it since I didn't call within 7 days of the stain appearing. Who in the world would of thought of that? I will never buy Macy's furniture again! Not to mention the sofa looks 5 years old after 5 months. I had bought a leather sofa from JC Penny's 5 years ago and it looks more like 5 months old. Macy's funiture store is completely over rated, way too expensive furniture store with poor customer service!

• Je
      11th of Feb, 2011

I cannot believe Macy's uses this "Warranty" coverage. I had a scrape on my leather loveseat and was denied repair by "Worry No More" because they don't cover scrapes or scratches. How ridiculous! After reading all of the complaints on-line, I don't understand how this company is still in business! HOW DARE A LARGE CORPORATION LIKE MACY'S RIP OFF THEIR CONSUMERS! I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER DIME AT MACY'S AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE!! DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM MACY'S!! THEY ARE BIG TIME CROOKS!!!

• Cr
      29th of Jan, 2011

I am going through the SAME thing with this company! Absolutely ridiculous! I encourage everyone who has had a problem to submit a complaint with the Better Business Bureau so that hopefully something will eventually be done about this company ripping innocent consumers off. I have also created a page on Facebook titled "Stop Shop at Macy's" in an attempt to let other consumers know what they are getting themselves into BEFORE they give their hard earned money to these people. Please visit this page and invite your friends and family to view it. All you need to do is search "Macy's" on facebook and you will see the page.

• Is
      26th of Jan, 2011

Can we do something about this? Any ideas?

• In
      14th of Jan, 2011

I am also filing a compliant and I am willing to file a suit against them as well. They don't provide you the "certificate" when you purchase the furniture or the insurance. The sales associate said everything was covered. I was against buying this couch because of my children and I was assured and reassured that we were covered for any damages whatsoever.

• Bi
      23rd of Nov, 2010

To all those who say, just follow the rules, I have this to say: I did. Even worry no more said so. They said the table top needs to be replaced. I have spent the last three months getting them to send it. I was even told at one point the it HAD been delivered, and that I had signed for it, a week before it arrived. They now admit that can't be right, but it has been in the process of being shipped for the last two months. I fully intend to make their life a living hell every day until they finally honor their commitment.

• Za
      18th of Oct, 2010

WorryNoMore is a TOTAL scam. They sent out some local KID (honestly he was probably 16) as a "technician" who spent about 2 min steaming a vomit stain, thereby making it 10 times worse. When I insisted the job was not done, he told me to let it dry. I was leaving town the next morning for several months on a job and when I returned the stains were basically petrified into the fabric. When I called WorryNoMore, they told me I was at fault for letting this much time go by. I told them they were at fault for sending a cheap and unqualified person to "clean" the stain. Now I have to buy new cushions from the manufacturer. What a scam. I'm furious.

• Ar
      24th of Jun, 2010

Sadly, we found out today that we have also fallen into the trap at Macy's. DO NOT PURCHASE their "worry no more" protection plan. It is a SCAM. We have new peanut butter stains on our couch, which we tried to remove with the spot remover that was given to us at the time of purchase- the company wouldn't send out a cleaner so we are having to pay another 200.00 to have COIT come out and clean it!! We will NEVER purchase furniture from Macy's (Seattle Southcenter) again.

AND, I especially loved hearing from the gentleman who posted here about his experience with working for Macy's furniture company!! Wow. Unbelievable. I am sorry that you lost your job, but certainly appreciate your honesty about what really goes on in that company! Shame on you, Macy's and Stainsafe. We just gave them 130.00 for NOTHING!!!

• Aa
      30th of Apr, 2010

Having the same problem as everyone else here. Had several chips on my dining table and one area where the veneer is peeling off the table top. The tech said the chips were covered but the peeling was not and touched up the chips. He wasn't able to do that good of a job on the touch up and advised me to complain that the repair job wasn't satisfactory and that I should request a replacement. Of course the "Worry No More" people are saying that the multiple chips amount to accumulation which excludes me from a replacement and that I would need to go to the manufacturer for the peeling (of course the table is out of warranty). What a total waste of money. This warranty was totally misrepresnted by the salesperson who said I would be protected from any damage and Worry No More is doing any and everything to make exuses why my warranty should not be honored. My first mistake was buying furniture from Macy's...I will never ever make this mistake again and recomend that you don't either.

• Ad
      13th of Mar, 2010

I too got sucked in my the Macy's salesperson when we purchased a sofa, ottoman and chair. We had 8 month old twins and knew there would be stains.

i filed my first claim in May of 08 and it actually went really well. I honestly don't know if I reported the stain within 10 days, but I don't recall them asking.

Also, my thinking was, the couch gets all sorts of little stains, does WNM really want to come out every week? Of course i understand the problem of having a stain set..but i disgress.

I filed another claim last month...spent all this time going through it, the rep (I think it was Monica) kept asking when the stain happened, went to file a claim, filed a claim and told me it was denied. I called Macy's and after a few phone calls and a lot of time on hold, they sent me a macy's gift card for 60 bucks..it's better than nothing.

So today I filed another claim as I had two new stains pop up this week and they are sending me a kit, funny I don't remember that. I asked if they could send me a copy of my warranty, they said I had to go to macys'. I've been trying to find them on the BBB to file a claim, but can't locate them.

• Bs
      3rd of Mar, 2010

has anyone tried to claim the post 7 yr Macy's store credit?

• Bs
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Hey Rob, there is an issue about misrepresenting your product... Seem clear to me, Mr woorynomore representative...

• Ro
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Been trying for 4 years to get the warranty company to fess up and fix my leather couch that has springs sticking up from the bottom. The leather recliner is another story. Am on thesecond one, first one began to have color lift off within a year, it was replaced at no cost. the second one began to have the color lift off, was advised that they would replace it with a non-matching recliner if I chose otherwise, they had no more of that model in stock (this was after they indicated a new one would be coming and even scheduled a delivery appt. with me. Said the one in the warehouse was damaged and they had no more) I kept the chair for a rebate payment of $500 (much less than the cost of the original recliner) but thought what the heck. Cannot get the warranty company to return my calls on the spring sticking up throught the seat of the couch Macy's is not helping saying I have to go through the warranty company. Is this a rip or what. Appears to be fraud but after reading all the stuff other people have gone through with the warranty co. guess I am stuck for ever

Never, never patronize Macy's again, , , , , never, , , , never

• Ra
      24th of Feb, 2010

I had a similar experience with WorryNoMore, but what I recommend everyone is to take advantage of Macy's one year return policy. After talking to a rude lady at WorryNoMore, I contacted Macy's to complain about the WoryNoMore’s attitude and the way they were handling my case. The gentleman at Macy’s asked me when I purchased my furniture, when I said about 6 months ago, he said since it is under one year I can return the furniture and get a brand new. So that was what I did and got completely brand new furniture. Don't waste your time talking to WorryNoMore ###s, take advantage of this and get what you deserve.

• Mo
      12th of Feb, 2010

I have filed a complaint against this company with the Michigan Attorney General's office as of this morning. My contact with StainSafe came up with a reporting date for the stain to the mattress that is totally bogus to defeat any remedy. Also, I am filing a claim after I get the mattress cleaned in small claim's court. Pathetic. Because of this incident Macy's has lost my business for good.

26th of Jan, 2010

We bought a white leather coach from Macys together with a WorryNoMore (Stainsafe) plan, 4 months ago. The coach has several stains, yet no one from Macy’s nor WorryNoMore had the courtesy to send someone to check the condition of the coach. Even though the store manager at Macys promised he will send someone. The customer service at WorryNoMore were incredibly rude. The lady working there asked that I look up a dictionary to check the meaning of what is and what is not included in the plan. I have worked in customer service before and would have been fired, had I ever talked to a customer like that. This company is a complete rip off; and will try to find whatever reason they can from doing their job.

• Ha
      26th of Oct, 2009

Hi, I purchased leather couches from macys about 2.5 years ago. I had a problem with my furniture, the frame was starting to get loose on the arms of one of my leather chairs, and also noticed that staples where starting to stretch as if it wanted to puncture thru the leather where the frame sits on my sofa. There was also an accidental puncture on the sofa. I called macys furniture customer service since I already knew I had a 10 year warranty on the frame of the sofa. At the same time I called worry no more for the puncture that the sofa had. A technician was sent to check on the chair with the loose arms and said that was wear and tear, of course I argued with him and reminded him I had a 10 year warranty on the frame and shut him up because he knew what I was talking about. He tried to fix the staples that where stretching thru the leather by pushing them in and of course he made a hole, not to mention he was in a hurry to leave. He then said he fixed it, he put macys customer service on the phone and left in a hurry. At this time as he was walking out of my house I had not noticed he made a hole on the couch, luckily I had them on the phone and told the service lady he made it worse and was very dissapointed, she tried to get him to come back but because his tight schedule I had to reschedule. They later send a different tech per my request, he did an awesome job fixing the puncture the other tech caused. Remember this was furniture customer service I was still waiting on the worry no more to contact me for the other punture that macys warranty did not cover because 2 years gone by. Three weeks gone by Worry no more had not contacted me for an appointment so after checking on the status of that for the second time I actually got good news they said no one called me because I was eligeable for a reselection on furniture because the last tech mentioned the other puncture it had was not fixable. I guess furniture customer service and worry no more work together. They were not able to replace me with the same couches because they no longer carry them in Macys but that I can choose a new selection. I guess it was worth the hassle so now I got new furniture and I did not think about it twice about buying the worry no more. I purchase it again, I really think it was worth it on my bahalf. The only thing I recommend is read the warranty before calling them so you won't waste your time and theirs. There is many things that it does not cover like most of the comments I've read.

• Yu
      1st of Oct, 2009

I work for a furniture store and in my 9 years there, we NEVER sold any extended warrantys or protection plan...THEY DONT WORK!!
    Let me give you my advice...take care of your furniture and and if you need to clean it (fabric) alway try hot water with mild soap, also baby wipes work great.

• Py
      11th of Sep, 2009

This is the worst warrant I have seen. I have spent numerous hours on the phone with these folks and it just seems that they do not want to help you. We bought the warrany from Macy's and I was hesitant about it. Filing a claim was painful enough and they wanted to possibly send out a tech weeks later. I escalated and got my refund. DO NOT WASTE your money. They will try to send you a cleaning kit, your better off saving your warranty money and buy the cleaning supplies for 1/10th of the price of the warranty.

• H2
      30th of Jul, 2009

I had a GREAT experience with this company.

After a glass of juice spilled on our (4-year old denim couch) last month, we called the warranty service and they sent out a professional cleaner within a few days. When a portion of the stain did not come off one of the cushions and the ottoman, the cleaner called the warranty service from our house and explained that he could not get the stain out. He then handed the phone over to me and the warranty people said Macy's would reupholster the ottoman and the stained cushion.

Three weeks later, Macy's called to inform us that they were going to replace the couch and ottoman with a new one of our choice. All we have to do now is pick out the new couch and Macy's will credit us the amount we originally paid for the old couch and ottoman.

Fortunately for us, Worrynomore and Macy's have been a pleasure to work with.