Stainsafe / Not honoring warranty

1 MI, United States Review updated:

We purchased 10, 000.(leather loveseat and couch, and entertainment center) worth of furniture from Jones Fine Furniture in Ontario, Canada 5 years ago along with the a Stainsafe Warranty. Two years ago we had cracking happening along one of the arms and filed a claim, this claim was taken care of in a short of time with no complications. A year later we noticed a tear in one of our leather cushions and again filed a claim. We had not heard from them after the allowed time so called and were told the leather was discontinued so they had to replace the couch or the value of it and would get a letter out to us. This was July, 2008, it is now January and still nothing. We have called 4x and have told the same thing the letter was on it's way. Today I am trying to follow up again and the number does not eve ring through. This worries me. I am going to call the furniture company we purchased from. They are a reputable high end store and do need to know that Stainsafe is a rip!
Now our tiny tear is bigger and I am not sure what to do. I am so angry!

Ki

Comments

Ac
  29th of Jan, 2009

I have similar problem with Stainsafe. Stainsafe has merged with another company and the new name is Global Care Solution LLC, same address, . I don't have the phone # with me. You can search online. The new company denies any claim (including outstanding claims) from Canada since Dec29, 2008.

Ch
  17th of Feb, 2009

Stainsafe (now Global Care Solutions) has abandoned Canadian customers and retailers. They are not servicing any claims and have disconnected Canadian phone lines. When you call their offices in Florida you get nowhere with customer service who just say Stainsafe Canada was a separate company (not true) which is no longer in business. Try contacting their Senior Vice President Sales & Marketing, Mickey Gechele, at Global Care Solutions, LLC,
354 Hiatt Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418.

Mickey's email is : mgechele@globalcarellc.com
his cell phone is:
561.324.2063
his office number number is
800.292.3777 x117
"Peace of Mind for Every Lifestyle" - Believe it or not, this is the motto that is attached to their correspondence!!
IF YOU'VE BEEN SCREWED BY STAINSAFE, CALL OR EMAIL MICKEY AND GIVE HIM A PIECE OF YOUR MIND.

Regards, A Canadian Retailer

Jo
  2nd of Mar, 2009

Canadian customers should call their original retailers. I did - Sleep Country - who could not have been nicer and gave me the number of the Stainsafe replacement. The claim then progressed quickly & efficiently.