Stainsafe, Inc. / Poor claim handling

1 354 Hiatt DrPalm Beach Gardens, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-521-0555

There motto should be:

Stainsafe: It is SAFE to say that your STAIN will stay!

Just realized my situation is the norm for Stainsafe customers. I purchased Stainsafe warranties for our living room chair, loveseat & sofa. I filed a claim within the time frames listed on the warranty, providing all the information requires including pictures, copy of warranty, copy of receipts via email. After various emails and telephone calls to Stainsafe, I was told that a technician would come to my home to remove the stains and that I needed to call TriState Furniture to schedule for the technician to come. I did this. The technician came on 10/5/07, the day he was scheduled to come, 1/2 hour after he was supposed to be there. He came in & viewed the furniture, took more pictures using his cell, went out to his car, came back & said he was unable to remove the stains and that he would send his report into Stainsafe the following day. His visit took 5 minutes. I asked him to at least try to remove the stains and he said he couldn't. After not hearing from Stainsafe, I called and was told that it would take 14 days to process the claim once the techincians report was received. I called or emailed weekly and not until 11/14/07 did they actually say that they received the technician report. After several more calls to Stainsafe and promises of personal handling by several reps and still not receiving any responses as promised, I called & a rep after having me explain everything again, even though it is all on their files, told me: I waited too long to follow up on the claim, the technicians report shows customer negligence, and the claim still has not been resolved. But, I should allow another 14-21 days to hear back from Stainsafe....I finally requested to speak with a Supervisor. I was transferred to Shidell (spelling ?). After having me repeat my situation again, Shidell, who seriously lacked any kind of professional raporrt or the customer service skills you would expect a supervisor to have, told me to wait for my claim to be handled. I asked to receive a response back via email only to be told by Shidell that is not what they do but she would take my email address. I suggested that she seek assistance with her customer service skills, she replied thank you and have a good day.

So here again, as I wait to hear back from Stainsafe, I wonder a few things:
-Couldn't any stain you get on your furniture be considered "customer negligence"? It isn't as though the furniture was able to stain itself.
-What could I have instead done with the $140.00 I spent on the Stainsafe warranty? Bought groceries for our 4 kids, donated to a charity, bought diapers for the baby helped my elderly Aunt with her medications...Even burning $140 would have been more worth it than purchasing Stainsafe which is kind of what I feel like I did anyway.
-From a business stand point, wouldn't it be more cost effective for Stainsafe to actually fullfill their warranties and clean the stains than to continue to pay wages and benefits of customer service representatives to tell us continuously to wait. They could probably reduce their overhead by 50% by just doing what WE HAVE PAID THEM TO DO AS THEIR CONTRACTS STIPULATE.
-How is Stainsafe still in business?
-Lastly: Really... How do I get the stains out of my furniture?

Comments

• De
      28th of Dec, 2007

I, too am the unfortunate purchaser of a Stainsafe warranty. I have been led on for the last 6 months regarding my claim. I am fed up and in my searching, found out that the Florida Attorney General's office had a suit against Stainsafe which was settled in December 2006. We are not the first ones with a problem, but it is appalling that this company is STILL in the business of taking people's money and not providing a service. Does anyone have any interest in pursuing this along with me with the Florida Attorney General's office? How about seeing if any of the local news stations in Florida would like to do an investigative report on this whole situation?

• Ke
      16th of Jan, 2008
    Stainsafe, Inc. - Warranty is a joke!
    Stainsafe, Inc.
    Boca Raton
    Florida

Bought furniture from Baer's in November 2005 and the extended 5 year Warranty package from Stainsafe for both leather and wood furniture coverage. Recently tried to have some furniture retained and retouched but was informed that the warranty was void as I had moved from the original location. This warranty is a total waste of money and both companies are off my list of future buys.

WATCH OUT for this operation.

• Sh
      12th of May, 2008

I also purchase a warranty with Stainsafe Inc. As soon as I saw a problem with my couch, I call the company and to this day( three months later) I have not heard a word from them.This company is just a big ripe-off. They takes peoples hard earned money and say the Hell with them .I don't know about anyone else but my intention is to get the service that I pay for or they can give my money back. I will be taking them to small claim court. I should had known that something wasn't right with these people when you had to file claim on the computer and they was always finding something wrong or missing. I'm also filing a claim against them with the Better Bussiness Bureau

hey are taking peoples hard earned money

i