Stainsafe / warranty

I purchased the extended warranty from where I purchased my leather recliner couch. My cat had an accident on it, I called to report the incident in the recommended time line. They sent out a tech who said there was no way he would be able to remove the odor, he would order new cushions and when they arrived to call to have them installed. Now, 2 months later I still have no cushions and when I called about the claim I spoke to someone that told me the tech had cleaned the couch, he wasn't in my home more than 10 minutes, and that the only thing they would be able to do would be to replace the leather covering but not the core!!! We paid to have the couch under warranty for nothing and they are more than rude. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$$$$$$$$

Ss

Comments

• Ro
      23rd of Feb, 2008

Do not under any circumstances by a product that has an extended warranty provided by stainsafe. We have a Lazyboy recliner that went on the fritz. This happened in Mid December 2007 and we tried to get ahold of Stainsafe to file a claim. We were in contact with the original Lazyboy store that we bought the chair from and they directed us to the stainsafe websight and 1-800 number. After trying for over 2 weeks to get into contact with someone we finally talked to rep who asked us when the break down happened, we told them over 2 weeks before. Thats when they informed us that we only had 14 days to file a claim so we were SOL. Well I lost it and informed them that we were in contact with the original store the day after the breakdown. They checked with the store and informed us that we are covered and will be looked after. Well after 20 some odd phone calls we are still looking at a broken chair in the middle of our T.V area. It is now approaching the end of Feb. and we were told AGAIN that they will have a tech in our area. In the mean time they are sending us a letter???? that will arrive in the next 4 weeks???? If we don't recieve this letter???? get back to them. What a load of crap!!!!!! Stay away from Stainsafe warranties!!! After talking to a rep from Lazyboy they said it is your problem. Lost it again and told them that they should look into who is providing extended warranties for their products. They don't care, they got our money. Total rip off.

• Ss
      9th of Sep, 2008

• Dr
      9th of Sep, 2008

Contact your state's attorney general and/or the Better Business Bureau.

• Lw
      15th of Jan, 2009

Stainsafe customer service reps set you up to get your claims denied. I called to report that my 5 month old leather sofas were cracking. The rep asked if that was all because once a claim is submitted, that is it. So with that in mind, I tell them to hold off on filing the claim and that I will double check before I finalize my claim. I call back two days later and tell them not only is the leather cracking, I see a small puncture on a cushion and that there are a few stains on the sofa that we could not get out. First off, I would like to say, right off the bat, this rep was not your typical rep. I could tell she was not friendly. Her name is Latrisha or Latisha. Anyway, as I go on about all the little things about my sofa, the only thing I really cared about was the cracking of the leather that I originally called about two days ago. Latrisha/Latisha encouraged me to tell her all that I wanted to claim KNOWING that an "accumulation" of claims as she called it would make the claim unserviceable. She submitted my claim and it was immediately denied. I was appalled! I told her to have someone come out for my original claim and she said there is nothing she could do about it now because the claim had been submitted.

I asked to talk to a supervisor and again, right off the bat, I could tell the supervisor was unfriendly. I tell Adrian my story and that the rep set me up to fail a claim and she said there was nothing they could do because the claim had been submitted. I asked how this would ever be remedied as they now have a record of the little things I had reported. Adrian said they could refer a technician at MY cost. I asked if this meant I could never use my warranty and she said I would have to resolve all the reported issues first.

They had no intention of making good on their warranty. They set you up to FAIL!

• Am
      23rd of Feb, 2009

All the other posts have already said it. Stainsafe is a total scam. $69.99 and 2 years later... nothing... no repair no refund.