Stahls Glass / Incomplete service

1 2310 E 75th St Chicago, ILChicago, IL, United States
Phone: 773-734-7373

More than 2 months ago, Stahls Glass came and measured all nine windows on one side of my house. The windows are large, expensive, and were stained from water damage inside them. Stahl's removed the windows to use as a template for the replacements, and put in plywood temporarily. I paid them half, $640, as a deposit. They were supposed to complete the job in 3 days. It is now more than 2 months later and I still have the plywood instead of windows. Since then it has rained several times. On at least one occasion while I was on vacation recently during a bad storm, the plywood fell out and it rained inside the house, causing lots of damage. I have had to remove and replace the carpets as a result. The kitchen cabinets were in standing water! I have no security with the easily removed plywood. My heating/cooling bills are out of control. I have tried on many, many occasions to contact Russell, the owner, who has refused to call me back. I have written to them several times. I have even tried to visit their office, but it seems they might have moved - I was unable to find them! I am extremely frustrated and disappointed. I chose to give a small company my business, and this is the result! I would be more than willing to email you photographs of the windows as they were, and as they look currently. Companies like this give small business and contractors a bad reputation. I would welcome your help in this very frustrating matter.

Da