staff behavior, treatment of my family and standards of customer service / Flights from edinburgh to Bangkok via abu dhabi on the 10th December 2015

1 Glagow, United Kingdom Review updated:

We had originally booked flights on the 9th of December on the 6th received an email to say our flight had been cancelled and changed we booked it in July 2015 just to be advised at this late stage was just the start not only lost out on a hotel and car hire already paid for the this was just the start of the worst treatment from an airline ever this was this first time we booked with etihad and as we travel to Thailand a lot the last time as a party of 6 passenger s we will not be travelling again unless this is looked into. Ticket number [protected] Before leaving my home I checked in online as I thought this would save us time using the bag drop just to wait even longer in the queue as the normal check in desk was moving 3 times as fast. Our flight was delayed I understand this happens, but the kaso that awaited my family at abu dhabi international was a discrace most unhelpful staff waited an hour in line to find out what was going on and the female who very in politely grabbed our passports gave us no information just 6 boarding cards and when I looked we were no longer sitting as a group this would have been fine if my children were of an age that they could be seated without an adult but this was not the case they expected my 7 year old daughter alone as with my 8 year old son with my other 2 sons no were near them and myself and there father again 6 rows away from any of them this was unacceptable the staff at the gate said to wait and they would sort it so we waited until told to board and they had fixed nothing ! Eventually after much discussion with the staff, MY SON asked passengers if they would move to allow myself to sit with the young children and we could then travel I think this was very unprofessional of your transfers staff allowing this to happen. We travel to Thailand all the time and have never encountered such incompident unhelpful staff that would think it ok to sit a 7 and 8 year old on a seat each with rows apart from any adult they are traveling with. This has to be taken further we are due to return on the 20th January 2016 at 1820 from Bangkok to Edinburgh via abu dhabi and need to know this will not happen again.

Re
Jan 17, 2016

Comments

• Et
      20th of Jan, 2016

Dear Reviewer16827

We are sincerely sorry to hear of this disruption and experience when flying with us, we would certainly like to further investigate this for you and find out why this happened!
    To do so, we would ask you to kindly share this feedback and ticket number to our team; socialmedia@etihad.ae
    Once received our team will create a formal case and send you a case number for your reference. Our Guest relations team will review this and reply to our as quick as possible. We hope to hear form you soon to help accordingly *GW