STA Travel / Money Paid = End of Service
I was furious with STA Travel for a number of reasons. I booked a trip to Central America with STA to visit 7 countries over 3 weeks which was very ambitious but they assured me it would be fine. I was booked onto a tour for my first 2 weeks after which I had 7 days to travel 4 more countries alone using a Bamba Pass they sold me which states it requires a minimum of 7 days. This is absolutely ridiculous. I told me tour guide my plans when I got there and he amongst many others said it really is not possible. The only possibility of getting through these countries was to spend the entire time on a bus and therefore not seeing the country at all! My shortest travel day was 12.5 hours and longest 16. I was on a bus the entire time. STA travel shed no sympathy on my situation when I contacted them and offered no help.
Prior to this they also booked me an airport transfer to collect me in Mexico which never turned up. This was all done through another agent as mine seemed to disappear as soon as I'd paid all the money. They also gave me a cash card to use aborad stating it works everywhere but I ended up using it perhaps twice as nowhere accepted it.
They forgot to inform me that I had no where booked to stay my first night and no airport transfer. I pay a travel agent to do all this for me and they sat back and let me realise it for myself very last minute.
I was appalled at their lack of empathy and shocked as I have used STA before and they dealt with everything. You have to be very careful when booking with one of their advisors as whilst some are extremely experienced and well travelled etc, some have no idea and are completely clueless... they just want to make a sale.
More STA Travel Complaints & Reviews
- STA Travel - Arrogant and BAD Service provider 
- STA Travel - Fraud 
- STA Travel - Appaling Customer Service and unwilling to offer any form of help after they medded up my booking 
- STA Travel - appalling
- STA Travel - Incompetent and Lazy 
- STA Travel - Terrible Service And Poor Support When Stranded Abroad 
- STA Travel - Deceptive Sales Practices
- STA Travel - Booking based on false information
- STA Travel - STA Travel cancelled my flight and won't return my money (SCAM)
- [Resolved] STA Travel - reissue of airline ticket booked with philippine airlines pr 218