St Regis Hotel - Monarch Beach / Disappointing service

I am writing this letter to let you know about a disappointing occurrence my husband and I had at the St Regis in Laguna Beach. We chose this hotel since we are recent residence owners at the St Regis in New York.

We booked a 5 night stay from July 21-26 and mostly, enjoyed our time. However, on the day of departure we requested a late checkout of 2:30 PM since we were booked out on a late flight home. Our request was refused. I asked our butler if she could intervene and get us an extension but the front desk manager still refused saying the hotel was fully committed.

As owners in the St Regis I found this appalling. It simply does not equate to the type of service I expect. I spoke directly with the front desk manager as we were checking out to no avail.

Also, a copy of this letter was sent to the above addresses and I received NO response.

I certainly hope our future experiences at other St Regis properties end on a more civilized note. I also hope that the standards of the St Regis will be more consistent in the future.

St Regis Resort Monarch Beach
1 Monarch Beach Resort
Dana Point, CA 92629
JOHNNY SO
General Manager

Residence Club Members
Vacation @ St. Regis Laguna Beach, CA

Va

Comments

• To
      9th of Feb, 2008

Let me ask you a question, supposed you were due to arrive on that Friday had a rough flight, delays, poor taxi service and arrive at the hotel extremely tired and just wanted to get into your room and relax.

Are you following me yet? So you come up to the counter to check in and the Guest Service Agent informs you that the room assigned to you is not ready for occupancy due to an unexpected late check out from the previous guest that prevented the housekeeping department to gain access to the room to properly clean it for you.

How would you feel then? There are always two sides to every story. If a hotel is completly sold out, they depend you their guest to check out and provide enough time to properly clean the room and have it prepared for the arriving guest who expect to be able to check in when they arrive.

You were made aware of the check in and check out times now you want to put the hotel on the line because you had a change in you itinarary or even better, made your flight plans later than the established checkout times.

Would you be happy in the senario above where you are arriving only to be delayed from getting into your room because the person staying there before you decided to prevent the cleaning staff from getting your room ready for you?

You need to be reasonable and realize that if it were at all possible to extend that stay the hotel staff would have gladly done so. It is apparant that the hotel was sold out and could not extend you since someone else due to arrive is expecting to check into the room one you vacate it and allow the housekeeping staff to make it ready for their arrival.

Be considerate and not so me centered.

That is my opinion and I feel you are selfish and not considerate of others.

Tony k