Sst Card Services / Unlawful billing tactics and arbitrary fees!

This company has seemingly broken an amount or laws be defrauding many people with their unlawful billing tactics and arbitrary fees. I am seeking class action suit against them as I see there have been numerous complaints against them for the same thing. Please send me an email with your current standing with this “company” and some details about your account and the fraudulent billing they have committed against you and let’s stop this company and get restitution once and for all.

Beware people!

Comments

• Al
      16th of Oct, 2006

Providian sold my account to them and increased my interest. I have 2 I took out a loan to pay them off and now I am screwing finance charges for 16 to 18 dollars. This company is horrible. It has caused so much stress.

I feel like the only way to get rid off these is to transfer the balance to a mastercard or an express.

• Gl
      18th of Oct, 2006

I recently had a episode with my credit card, SST kept calling my Home and leaving a message for me to call them. They did not state what it was in regards to. Point is I had called them a month ago about why they were calling ,they stated they had no idea as my account was up to date. Now they still keep calling, I called again, now the menu stated my card was behind a payment, I received no other bill or notice stating this was the case, I sent off a double payment to them. What is up with these people? First of all if I had known they were a division of Chase Morgan, I would never do business with them. As far as I am concerned Chase should be Chased out of the country, after my dealings with them over a 7 year old auto lease. Definitely the masters of manipulating numbers. Does not surprise me that SST is the same.

• Fr
      22nd of Mar, 2007

Mr. Kevin Pruner:

I have dispute with the SST Card Services Department. My card balance was $196.06 on March 16, 2007. It is now $511. , $586. etc. The Service Department continue telling me to fax the balances or Affidavit to resolve the issue. I faxed the balances on March 16, 2007. The gentlemen I talked to on March 16, 2007 was to resolve the dispute when he told me to fax the balances. But the caller told me there no fax then later said there was a fax, I have the evidence to support that I faxed balances on 3/16/2007 at 1:39pm. I was called about my balance being over the limit 3/21/2007 again. That was resolved on March 16, 2007 when I faxed balances to 706-649-4808 and 706-649-4073 (Mrs. Taiffany Ayala and the gentlemen).

Sincerely,
    Freeman Q. Makor
    214-563-0665 cell or 817-375-0242 home

• Ro
      23rd of Mar, 2007

I just got a letter on the mail saying that one of my credit cards with a well known bank had been sold to SST Card Services. My account is up to date and is under its credit limit. I don't understand why this would happen and when I called my bank to ask, they told me they didn't know.

Could anyone help me understand this?

Thanks!

• Ji
      27th of Mar, 2007

Ugh, I also had my account sold to them, and came upon this page doing research. I was really happy with my Providian Washington Mutual account, I really liked the website and was pretty good about paying them on time, though I let my balance go up to the max, I have been steadily paying it down by $200 a month, I would have paid it off by July, but I guess they saw I was going to be less profitable since I've been trying to bring down my balance. F 'em, I'm paying it all off next month.

27th of Mar, 2007

I just found out my real nice WAMU Card was sold to this other company, I am really disappointed because a lot of services, I had before as online payments and FICO Score, they vanish from one day to another, I also was a good customer paying on time, if I find changes in the terms I will close the account.

I am not willing to pay more fees to any of the sharks out there, besides we can not tolerate to be treated as second class citizens, is like buying and using a Mercedes for one year and then change to a geo metro with a higher payment, it should be illegal...

• Ju
      27th of Mar, 2007

Just found out today my providian card was sold, WITHOUT MY CONSENT!. They had decent service with FICO credit scores and good online service.

Now it is sold to SST Inc. and I want to close my account as soon as possible. The only thing is when I goto www.youcardacount.com its not letting me into my account because it says the account number was entered wrong (I entered the number like 10 times to make sure it wasn't an error on my part) and when I try to log in through the phone it is saying my account is not in their system. Also no offer to speak to a customer rep, AT ALL.

If anybody has had the same problem and rectified please let me know. I want to close my account or transfer the balance ASAP. I am never doing business with WAMU or Providian, again.

• Ta
      28th of Mar, 2007

We also had a Providian account that was sold to SST. It's been nothing but a pain in my A$$. I sent a payoff check on 2/15/07 with a letter stating "close the account". I was thinking all was good and I have just now received a call saying I owe $11.45 and they will not write it off. I asked them what it was for and he said "finance charges". I told him that the account was closed and there shouldn't be any finance charges. He verified that the account was closed but there's still this balance. I asked when the payoff check was posted and he said 3/6. He informed me that if I didn't pay the finance charges that I would be charged a $39.00 late fee. He told me that I could pay $10 to have him process a payment for $11.45 and the account would have a $0 balance tonight. I'm soo irritated write now. I know that they can write that fee off, I guess they're mad because I paid the card off and they're not going to be able to milk me for any more additional fees.

• Ji
      28th of Mar, 2007

Ya, got a look at their website tonight and the comparison between the Mercedes and Geo was apt (though I would say a brand new Mercedes with all of the bells and whistles and a 10 year old Geo without even an AM radio). Wow, that is really one of the worst financial-related sites I have ever seen. Thanks alot WAMU, you ###!

• Ro
      29th of Mar, 2007

My account has been recently sold without my consent. I've never heard of sst before but this sounds really bad. My account was with Washington & i don't know how providian got involved in this? Can anyone respond with answers?

• De
      29th of Mar, 2007

I got same story as all of you and first thing i will do tomorrow move all my saving to chase than file complain to banking department and if someone will file law suit against SST Card Services, count me in.

• Mn
      31st of Mar, 2007

I hate these ### .. my providian account sold. I pay and they call me because it takes forever to post to their website, yet charge high interest. Count me in for lawsuit.

3rd of Apr, 2007

I just found out about my account with Providian being sold to this SST company. Apparently, I now have an account with Columbus Bank and Trust who have contracted SST to collect on my account. My interest rate has risen to over 25% and they also tried to pressure me to pay over the phone for a fee. I tried to ask the gentleman where they were based out of, but he would only tell me that they were based in the Midwest. Shady. I haven't tried paying on-line yet but from what I've read, it doesn't look good. The consumer HAS to have some rights or privileges here. I did not sign up to do business with SST nor did any of us. PLEASE, let's get something going here. I'm all for being a part of a lawsuit.

• Al
      4th of Apr, 2007

Go to this page:

Call these people cell 's if you have any questions. If they do NOT help you. I'm sure Missouri's governor, Matt Blunt, can do something. Send emails and letters, copies of statements every time, everyday, just like SST has done to you. Keeping the complaints flowing!!! Use email and letters with proof.

This will help directly:

Then email your own governor.

It's a start, I'm sure with all the interest rates, and harassment no one could afford a lawyer. Consider it, " A state of Emergency."

• Fd
      4th of Apr, 2007

I also had my account sold to SST. After reading all the complaints I cant wait to pay these guys off! I tried to make a payment online, not sure if it applied. I would make another payment but I noticed that if you make payments that total 200.00 or more it takes 10 days to process! Whats up with that! Providian or Washington Mutual should not be able to sell your account without your permission! I didn't even know they could do that, and why would they want to when we have been a good customer with Washington Mutual. I'm sure this company has tons of complaints!

5th of Apr, 2007

My account has just recently been sold. Neither companies recognize my account number. I tried emailing the people above, but no email addresses for SST work. Everything comes back as undeliverable. With no account number, I can't get at my info or statements. This is seriously pissing me off. How do I get my info, how can I let other credit card companies get my debt out of there?

5th of Apr, 2007

See if this helps: http://www.bcsalliance.com/x_creditcardtricks_a.html

5th of Apr, 2007

To get trough to SST, call 1-800-388-1806 and choose the option that says your card was stolen. They will get to right away. Then ask for a transfer to customer service. Cheap company with very little knowledgeable support.

• Ti
      6th of Apr, 2007

I too had my account transferred to this "company". I have had my Wamu account for several years, never late, never over limit, often paid off completely. I don't understand why it was sold.

Oh well, too bad for WaMu.

After looking at SST's website I decided I didn't trust them with an online payment. (Plus, it says in their payment section that any payment over $200 will be held for 10 days! WTF! Hold my money for 10 days for what?) And I didn't want to send them a check so they could say they didn't get it or hold it. So I bit the bullet and paid an big fee to pay them off via Western Union quick collect. That way I have a clear paper trail and I know that received the money that day before they could tack on any "fees". I then sent them a cancel this account letter. No response from them yet. But I'm going to keep an eye on it, I don't trust them.

9th of Apr, 2007

SST Card Services did the same thing to me but i made a payment of$100 and then took $200 and still have NOT returned my money back, they just stoled it, and then sold my account now. When i call the new company to get some answers they say its the old company problem, and maybe in 90 days of so it will be returned to my account, put my on this law suite.