SSl Nutrition / Colon Cleansing Trial Order

United States, Florida Review updated:
SSl Nutrition
Phone: 1888-820-2656
Similar to another posted complaint, I purchased a bottle of a colon cleanser advertised online for the price of 5.95. There was no additional information indicating additional charges. A month later, I received a charge on my credit card for $78.64. I contacted the telephone number on my online bill and spoke to a customer service rep. who indicated that I was charged the full amount for the item. I had 15 days to return the pills to avoid the charge, but this was not indicated on the website (there was no fine print). Imagine paying $85 for a bottle of colon cleanser. Does that make any sense? This is a scam. I strongly suggest that people avoid this company and their products.

N  20th of Nov, 2008 by

SSl Nutrition - False Advertising

The online chat works- I hope she told me the order was cancelled anyway. There is no way I would take this product when you can't even reach them on the phone. I am writing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.
N  10th of Dec, 2008 by

SSl Nutrition - Acai Berry Capsule Trial Order
SSL Nutrition
Phone: 866-935-4832

I ordered Acai Berry online for a free trial offer and paid $5.95 in shipping/handling.
No where in the ad did it state that I would be charged $88.62 if I didn't call them in 15 days to cancel another shipment. I did not order anymore, nor was I asked to. The 60 capsules (month supply) arrived with only a packing slip.
Because I really didn't experience any good effects of the trial product and the high price of future bottles, I was not going to order any.
Today, 12/10/08, I noticed a charge on my Visa statement from SSL Nutrition for $88.62. After chatting with them, they told me I hadn't called them in 15 days. (DID NOT KNOW I HAD TO!)
They will not refund my money. This is a scam to trap customers into a "trial" and then charge their accounts for the full amount. There was NO DISCLOSURE OF THIS TACTIC ON THE INTERNET AD. They cannot be reached by phone at 866-935-4832.
A  23rd of Jan, 2009 by
I too was a victim on this "false" advertising on this Acai Berry product and I have been kicking myself in the ### ever since. I got the original trial bottle and thought that was it. Well a couple weeks later I find they had sent me another bottle and charged my account for $88.62. I called customer service and spoke to some robot and tried to explain to them I did not authorize this charge and did not want their product. They send to snd it back and they would gladly refund my money. Yeah right! That was back on 1/5/09. Since then I have spoken to 4 other customer service robots and was told I was credited back my money on the 10. There's another lie. It's a never ending cycle with these people and I am sure they are going off a script when talking to you since they just repeat themselves as far as telling you they have credited and you and the "is there anything else I can do for you?" I say "yes". I want my money back. Again with the "we have credited you your refund on the 5th and is there anything else I can help you with?". If I could have reached into the phone I would have grabbed the womens neck and chocked her and asked her is there was anything else I could do for HER! I have not yet given up my fight. I don't know if I call the back and tell that that that was not an authorized charge if they can do anything. Good luck to all who became a victim here. It looked innocent enough and it got me.
A  28th of Jan, 2009 by
I've already reported this company to my credit card fraud department and I suggest you do the same.

They managed to get over $400 dollars of charges on my cc within a month. Luckily my cc company was suspicious and called me. They like to use different names to try and push charges through, don't let them. I just put a hold on my cc so they can't attempt to push through any more charges.

I called the company and was told their computer systems were "down". Ya right. Let your fraud department handle it for you.
A  3rd of Feb, 2009 by
All I wanted was a "free" sample and I opened myself to a Pandora's box of charges ranging from 50 cents to $$149.85. Many "sister" companies begin to charge you for all kinds of things. DON'T EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM ACAI BERRY OR TRISLIM OR SSL NUTRITION CO. EVER!!!
A  22nd of May, 2009 by
well lets all bend over because like you i have been fighting with them for 4 months to recieve the money they charged me for something i never recieved and all i here is " you are being sent a check you are priority" yeah now i recieved the acai berry and when i contacted them i had no problem getting my money back from them it was in my account within 3 days. it is just the colon cleanse... beat that. it is to cleae you out and your wallet too... they did credit me for 1 bottle but i am still waiting for the rest. when they called me to let me know they were refunding the money they called on my cell phone and i missed the call, so when i called them back on the number on my phone, to my dismay and woman answered the phone and i told her who i was and she tlls me " you are number 441 that has called this number. the complany that you are trying to contact is not at this number it was a advertising firm. well how do you like that.