SRC Leads / Fraud and scam

I was solicited by a gentleman Abram who was selling leads. My company specializes in reverse mortgages and he said their company had leads who responded to a survey requesting further information on reverse mortgages. This was a survey that they answered 3 questions, wrote in their information, and physically put a stamp on the survey to mail it back.

I ended up trying the leads and purchased 505 for $1, 100. There was nothing to lose since they had a 90 day guarantee or a 100% refund. We were told the average conversion for appointments are 10-12%.

Well, we received our list and sent out an intro letter and started calling these people. We went through about 100 leads and NOT ONE PERSON had any remote recollection of filling out a survey. They either hung up the phone or were quite irate about someone calling them telling them they filled out a survey.

SRCLeads.com sent over a script and it had not reference about a survey. Instead they tell you not to mention the survey and talk about your products and benefits. This is quite the opposite to what we were told on the phone.

Now that I realized the lists they sell are essentially made up, I cannot get in touch with anyone in the company. I have called and left messages about my concerns, sent emails, and no one has replied to let me know how to process our refund. I wish I found some of this negative feedback prior to making the purchase as I would never have in the first place. I hope more people read this and do not purchase leads from this company. They should not be in business and will be as I am sure they burn through the numbers of calling company, over promise their 100% refund, and then either do not warrant it or figure most companies will not go through the time and efforts to request a refund.

Please save yourself some money and pick up a phone book and start cold calling. That is essentially what you are buying from these people.

We have issued a complaint with the better business bureau of Florida and we will see if that goes anywhere.

I am sure the company will come on here and say they have been in business for 10 years and how could they if they were doing things wrong. It's easy, lie to 10 companies a month who do not fight for their refund and you have a nice little business. There are more companies than you could ever have the time to call out there so their market is unlimited, until word spreads of how they do business before people make the decision to purchase from them.

Hopefully they warrant their 100% refund. I am waiting for a call or email back from the company. The sales rep fell off the face of the earth the day after I made my order. I cannot even get in touch with him anymore. If you would like to try his name is Abram and direct email is: aoliphant@srcleads.com.

Good luck and please choose other resources for your lead generation.

Bu

More SRC Leads Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ed
      20th of Apr, 2009

Buck-

I am having the same experience with SRC Leads. They were extremely aggressive in their sales process, but very evasive in their service. Their list proved to be junk, and when I tried to exercise the money-back guarantee they are totally non-responsive. I have sent them everything they asked for, and still I get the "stall" tactic. It is clear that they never intended to honor their guarantee. Right now, I'm working on filing against them. Not that I really need my $750 back...I just can't stand dishonest people who lie to make themselves money. Judging by the Google hits for "SRC Leads Complaints", they do this to pretty much everybody. Maybe if enough people get monetary judgements against them, it will force them out of business.

• Sc
      4th of May, 2009

I just purchased leads from srcleads company. I was dissapointed to find out that one of the people on the list were related to me. Not such a big deal yet, however, the inforamtion they gave that was suppose to represent them were bogus. They made up so many facts and they for sure never sent a card in requesting information or to be contacted.

Anyone can open a company, find random names, and mail them out to people. The true system to this is the marketing of yourself. They try to get you to use sneaky tactics to get these people to get in touch with you. The truth is some people may be interested and some may not be interested in your business. However, it shouldnt take you having to pay a few dollars per "lead" to figure that out.

My best advice to you is if you opt to deal with SRC Leads, you would be better off buying a regular list of names for .1 or .2 per person and simply marketing yourself.

Brandon

8th of May, 2009

I too was given the information by my manager to call them. I normally do a very good job researching companies before I buy anything but since my manager had brought me the info, I though they were one of our approved marketing sources as I work for one of the top 8 ranked insurance companies in the world. Unfortunately, my manager had been contacted by a rep at SRC leads and passed the name and number on to me and he had no prior experience.

I could not get a hold of them today to try and get a refund under misleading sales practices and I contacted the Attorney General's office in Florida. They said there are 95 open complaints against the company for the same thing. They had recommended that I contact the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, and also fill out a formal complaint on their website. I have done all three of these things. Buyer beware with this company as you can go to Reference USA and download the same lists for free, except you are more likely to get a hold of the people since they are not being sold over and over and over again. There is no exclusitivity, as I was told that they get numerous of these calls by a couple of people that answered. Not one person had responded to a "mailer" as I was told when I bought the leads.

• Sr
      19th of May, 2009

Has anyone gotten their money back yet?

I feel like an idiot. I did not research the company before I purchased the leads. I just paid $300 for a cold calling list. Awesome!!!

I have gotten my credit card company involved in the refunding process. I have to abide by all of SRC rules to get my money back before my credit card company will step in. If SRC gives me the runaround, my credit card company will help at that point. Hopefully that works out. I'll let you know what happens.

If it happens once, shame on them; if it happens twice, shame on me. I'll make sure to research the lead company before I purchase any leads in the future.

Mike

• As
      31st of May, 2009

I am also having the same experience. Totally bogus leads. Two stood out- one was dead and one was in prison. I am trying like hell to get my money back too. I filled out the form and gave them the list like they asked with details on each call. I was supposed to have my check over a month ago. I really need the $500 back. I have consulted a lawyer, but I feel like its going to need a bunch of people to make a dent in this. I am going to send it a claim to my credit card company to try to get them to recoup it for me. I hope that will work. I am getting desperate.

Ashley

• La
      4th of Jun, 2009

Same thing with me, nice sales person is gone ...
    this is 100% SCAM.

Larry

• La
      9th of Jun, 2009

Also because the people on the list never sent anything in, this company should be fined by the Feds
    concerning the no call list.

• Sc
      4th of Aug, 2009

I am glad I did my research. I was looking into this as I have done mailers before and they worked out great. They are pricey so my manager said he was contacted by SRC and sounded great. Apparently a little "Too Great" as I suspected.

They told me they mailed out cards and people filled out the lead and sent it back in which is what I am used to doing, but, they said they would give them to me at $2 a lead which is way too good (considering most of the time it is around $25-$30 a lead) and sounded fishy. I now know they are a fraud tx to everyone here.

17th of Sep, 2009

I had a similar experience as the ones listed below. I purchased $310 worth of life leads and they were Junk. I dealt with a guy named Alex Ruiz who made the hard core sales push. I received the leads and worded them the way I normally would and had a 0% close ratio. I actually worked them more than once and out of 100 leads only 4 had ever heard of a survey let alone want to set an appointment. I then started the process of trying to get my refund. That has been over 6 weeks and they are still in process. I emailed all of the people I had contact with such Alex Ruiz, Teresa Bridges, Sarah Moss and even company president Brian Levy. It is pretty clear from the number of BBB complaints and the fact that the first thing that comes up when you Google them is SRC leads complaints that this is their business practice. By the way I filed a complaint with my credit card company and it appears they are going to credit me and charge SRC leads back. Good thing since they do not appear willing to do their part!!!

• Ni
      1st of Oct, 2009

Does anyone have an extension that works to get ahold of anyone? They are avoiding me as well.

• So
      2nd of Oct, 2009

Based on the comment on Alex Ruiz. If you close 2 of those 4 appointments you have made profit. What did you invest 300.00 for a 100 mail response, that's a great price stop complaining. Are you sure it's not your sales skills. Just give it some thought.

• As
      2nd of Oct, 2009

What finally worked for me was submitting a complaint with the Miami-Dade Consumer Services. Here is the website : http://www.miamidade.gov/csd/complaint.asp

They hounded them and finally got them to give me the refund. A woman named Melissa was working in the Refund department when this happened to me (the only person in the Refund Department by the way).- My refund took about 5 months to get back. I received it in May of this year. Good Luck everyone. I feel your pain.

• Kk
      7th of Oct, 2009

STOP... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SRC

They are liars and cheats.

If you want a total waste of money leads, they have them.

If you don't want to get a "guaranteed" refund, they do it.

Take my advice (cost me over $1000) STAY AWAY FROM SRC

• Pc
      19th of Oct, 2009

A salesman named Paul Asencio first contacted me (cold) back around the end of June. In July he emailed me a 3 page treatise about his company (SRC Leads) with all the guarantees, etc. On August 14, he did an electronic Check for $560. About 4 days later I received through the mail an envelope with 100 some odd leads. After calling the first 2 pages, I realized that these were phones that people didn't answer, or they were fax lines. When I finally got someone on the other end they got very angry and shouted "stop calling me all the time". Suspecting that something was very wrong here, I gave them to my telemarketer who, after 1 week, sent them back to me with the same suspicions. She confirmed that they were, indeed, Bogus Leads. I have yet to receive a response from them at all. I contacted the State Attorney's office in Miami at 305-547-0100 and they told me that if they used the US Mail to send the leands, (which they did) then I would stand a better chance by going to my local Post Office and filing a Mail Fraud charge with the Postmaster. I understand that that will take about 6 months and there is no guarantee that I'll ever get my money back.
    G. Harris

• Da
      31st of Oct, 2009

I tried SRC in April 2008. They had all these promises, none which came true. It turns out that they basically sell what might be considered "public records" or "census" data.

When one of my assistants was so frustrated they refused to continue using the list and the other had zero luck so I asked for a refund, which was guaranteed. This was in June. They first said the owner was out of town and was the only person who had the "refund form." A few weeks later after multiple calls and emails I got the form. I sent it in in June. After many calls and emails, in November I got a partial refund (less 30%). So it cost me over $200 to "try" SRC.

They also go by different names srcleads.com, src-leads.com etc.

If you want your money back, or at least the chance of getting some of it, keep pestering them. I almost went to the govt http://www.miamidade.gov/csd/complaint.asp ...

9th of Nov, 2009

WARNING: SRC LEADS operating as SRC LISTS

SAME SCAM

try something like targetleads.com, insureme.com, 4freequotes.com or seniorleads.com
    I've used these with some success (you get what you pay for, but at least you get something)

• Md
      16th of Nov, 2009

I have to agree with all of you. This company LIES about the information it obtained from the potential consumer. There are NO SURVEYS being sent to these people. All they sell you is PUBLIC RECORD information which is always incorrect and costs them nothing. Their Customer Service department gets you to no one. The only people that will ever call you back are the SALES REPS. However, when you ask to speak to a Manager none of them are around. Well tahats Strange? If you think about what they are truly doing one should consider it Fraud.

They are misleading and lying to their customers about their Service. Why are they not being investigated? In any other industry if you lie and sell fabricated services and or goods you could be fined, shut down even serve jail time. If they have been doing this to numerous customers why are their doors still open? Something does not make sense. I bought my BS Leads from them May 20 2009 and still as of today November 16th have not received my refund. I am going to file a complaint with every possible intent to shut them down. As it appears there have been numerous complaints.

• Fi
      4th of Dec, 2009

Anyone have a suggestion on how all of who have been burned can ban together and go to the FLA AGs office? This "company" needs to be closed down.

5th of Dec, 2009

Alex Ruiz contacted me too a couple weeks back. And the way he portrayed the offer was just so tempting and foolish not to act upon quickly. Offer was 100 "leads" for $400. I am so glad I came across this page.

He now calls from srclist (SRC LIST) which is run in domains srclist.com srclistings.com srclists.com. If you search any of these you wouldn't see anything because these are brand new names, originally, you guessed right, srcleads.

Stay away.

• Jp
      8th of Dec, 2009

I have had the same results as others. I have been unable to contact the company via emails or phone. Leads were poor and no results.