Squangle Ltd DBA Recovery CD's / Scammers

I ordered a CD to reformat my computer hard drive. The website description lists the CD as a Recovery CD. SO I ordered an actual CD just in case I needed it again. It was NOT cheap! It cost me 9.95 plus postage of 4.00, for a total of 13.95. What these scammers sent me was a Boot Up disk. A computer can be booted with a 5.00 jump stick (memory stick). Even the invoice calsl this CD a Data Recovery CD. What scammers they are.

Comments

• Sq
      9th of Dec, 2009

Hello,

We have no reference to dolly678, so they might have not brought from Squangle.
    Squangle operate 3 main websites www.recovery-cds.com www.recovery-cdisk.com and www.recovery-cd-disk.com (plus others), none of those sites have reference to dolly678.
    If they did purchase from www.recovery-cds.com (or one of our other sites) using another name then...
    No where in the ad does it say it will reformat a hard drive, $13.95 is not a lot to pay for a disk with software these days. The invoice does say 'Data Recovery Disk' which is to say it allows you to recover data from a hard drive when Microsoft Windows will no longer boot, as stated in the advert.
    Had dolly678 contacted us (assuming they purchased from www.recovery-cd-disk.com or one of our sites) then we could have told them how to format their hard drive using the software they had purchased.

Please visit us at out new site at http://www.recovery-cd-disk.com we have forums and help to get your PC going again and we are more then happy to help out with your purchase. We have disks to fix NTLDR problems, forgotten logon passwords, driver recovery disk, our new 'Preemptive Strike' disk which backs up MBR, drivers and does much more.

Mike for Squangle (www.recovery-cd-disk.com)

1st of Sep, 2010

Squangle are a bunch of Scammers they copy drivers you can get from the manufactures and put them on a cd THATS ALL THEY DO.. the drivers dont work most of the time. I spent nearly 50 pounds 85 dollars with them and all i got was a load of junk.. when i tried to contact them a very abrupt and rude man answered.. he talked down to me like i was a [censor]. I am a non technical 20 year old office manager, i hold a responsible position, and just becuase i do not understand the ins and outs of computer related problems, dows not mean i am stupid. I have never experianced such an inadequate product supplied by such an indignant company . I NEVER RECEIVED A REFUND. I NEVER RESOLVED MY PROBLEMS.

1st of Sep, 2010

Squangle Ltd DBA Recovery CD's - Scammers SCAMMERS NEED TO GO TO JAIL

• Sc
      3rd of Sep, 2010

These guys do need to go to JAIL "steve.miller@verizon.com We have no record of your email address or your order" Yet the have taken 85 bucks off me! well i will make damn sure these guys never get a anther sale AVOID THEM they scammed me and im having to go to my credit card company to get my money back SQUANGLE SCAMMERS for sure .

• Rp
      27th of Oct, 2010

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH RECOVERY-CDS.COM

I recently made a purchase from RECOVERY-CDS. It was a recovery disc download for my Dell E1505 laptop. The file was suppose to be an ISO disc burn file. It turned out to be a corrupt/damaged useless file that windows did not recognize. I told RECOVERY-CDS about the problem and their reply was to use a burn program like Nero or Power ISO of which neither would work with that particular file. Told them that, and they replied "We can send you the disk, please make an additional payment of $4". They then sent me an email stating this... "Right, now I see what it is - the file is an .exe download, not an .iso (this has just been rewritten, and most clients prefer an .exe). If you just double tap it in My Computer it should start up automatically, Sid. I responded, IT FLAT OUT WILL NOT WORK PERIOD!!! Their response was basicaly there is nothing more we can do for you. I lost my $18.95 and received a Corrupt download file. BEWARE... DEALING WITH THESE GUYS, BECAUSE IT COULD GET YOU BURNED!!

2nd of Nov, 2010

The 'gentleman' above fails to disclose that he sent the following to us while we were in the middle of trying to sort this out:

email 1 -Hey you [censor]ing british [censor]
    email 2 - you guys are nothing but LIMEY [censor] [censor] SUCKING MOTHER [censor]ING THIEVES

and he seems surprised that we have decided not to help him any more. As a 53 year old mother of 3 who answers the emails, and who was trying to sort him out, I found these strangely offensive.

The 'customer' above him with the 3 comments, who seems to have a stuck button on his keyboard, actually did not order from our site, he ordered from a company called Numus Software, which is absolutely nothing to do with us.

• Rp
      5th of Nov, 2010

You still do not have the right to steal money from people who paid good money and got crap for it.

• Ri
      27th of Jan, 2011

So then scammers explain why when you refused to answer my emails? then after a month i finally get a reply.. then you say you have no record of my purchase? AND I DID NOT BUY MINE FROM NUMUS I BOUGHT IT FROM SQUANGLE. I have called numus and they are NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.. so i want to know why you are trying to pass off your poor service and your poor products as sombody elses probelm. My PAYPAL plainly sayes SQUANGLE not NUMUS--- whop are you kidding? look for my email address Richard.Shann@harvard.edu my uni phone number is Tel: 617.495.1551; Fax: 617.495.8821

IS THAT ENOUGH INFORMATION FOR YOU SCAMMERS

SQUANGLE = STRANGLE
    SQUANGLE = SWINDLE
    SQUANGLE = WRANGLE

Funny how your name is made up of alot of well known names used for SCAMMS you are swindlers scammers and you STRANGLE the public...

G'day,
    I just sent the follwoing to Richard
    >snip
    G'day Richard,

I have seen what you have posted below and still cannot find any reference to you in our system.
    Can you please forward any emails that came from our system to you or the paypal receipt email.

I have searched our emails for...
    Richard.Shann@harvard.edu
    shann
    harvard.edu

and get no hits that refer to you, in fact very hits at all so it was fairly easy to search.

So if you can reply to this email I am sure we can get the problem sorted out.

Thanks...

Mike

Lets see what happens

AH...
    I see...
    Well it look like this is a bogus complaint
    snip>
    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

(reason: 550 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to ackroyd.harvard.edu.:
    >>> >>> DATA
    <<< 550 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
    550 5.1.1 ... User unknown
    <<< 554 Error: no valid recipients

I will let you read 'Richards' email and if you read the content you might be able to work out who is complaining.
    I anyone needs to get in touch with us the via out web site at www.recovery-cd-disk.com out new main site or our older soon to be phased out sites www.recovery-cds.com, recovery-cdisk.com or you can send an email or give us a ring during office hours.

• Rs
      10th of Feb, 2011

"stinga" THE BIG BOSS OF SQUANGLE THE SCAMMERS

What??? so checkout this forum everybody http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=62174.0
    I found this after searching around for squangle.

So your nickname on the forum you use to ask questions on is STINGA ? and the Logo and name is Squangle!!!

"Stinga" as in you sting people and what god damn joke . I am an undergraduate at Harvard TRY THE TELEPHONE BUDDY.. Excuse me but you can pick the god damn phone up talk to the receptionist ask to talk to me. I am in classes except 12 to 2 my university phone number is Tel: 617.495.1551; Fax: 617.495.8821

So Mike Bossman of "Squangle the scammers" STOP brushing me off with excuses you have my money I have already asked PayPal for a full refund and NO my email address for PayPal is not the one I posted here.
    Do you think I am that stupid enough to tell everybody my paypal details? Dont you worry Mr Mike the BIG BOSS or "Stinga" as you like to be called PayPal will give me my money back. I will make it my misssion to take scammers like you off of the map.. New laws here in the US mean I will be able to sue your assess and take it from me, my buddies at Harvard Law WILL Take the"Stinga" on. Who are you kidding man? You even call yourself "Stinga" I am guna get google to deindex you and i am also going to every manufacturer that you have contracts with to get them to stop you selling their drivers. SCAMMERS

• 03
      11th of Sep, 2011

I paid via paypal for my Toshiba recovery CD download $18 . After paying nothing happened . No download . WTF ?

• Ka
      21st of Jun, 2013

I too ordered a RECOVERY download but it was not the actual recovery one needs to get their pc back to factory mode. I got a multiplying trojan and needed to reformat my pc. They don't send you the files you need to set your pc back to factory mode. The files they send are for certain drives for graphics, etc. for your model of pc. Discription of what you are ordering is VERY DISCIEVING

• Ra
      18th of Sep, 2013

merhabalar ben pazar günü www.recovery-cds.com recover sipariş verdim de dogru sitedenmi verdim acaba eski site fln diyor ve çıktımı çıkmadı göremiyorum hiç birşey bana bilgi verebilirmisiniz ya lütfen mail adresim homesome_06_1375@hotmail.com veya facebook yolu ile https://www.facebook.com/ramazan.ozturk.125760