SpyGuard 2008 / fraudulent company

1 FL, United States Review updated:

This company presented itself as a legitimate (but fake) message that popped up as a regular part of my McAfree virus scan. It told me I had Spyware on my computer and that I was not fully protected because I did not have the most recent version of spyguard 2008. It even showed inside my McAfee Security Center. I allowed it to scan my system. It then informed me I had multiple spyware and a trojan and needed to download the full version to remove them. I paid $49.95 for the full version on 1-12-09. One week later, my computer is in the shop repairing all the damage it has done to the tune of $150. I am disputing this charge on my Visa. I want a full refund for the scam, and I want it now. Otherwise, I will also pursue having them reimburse me for the $150 computer repair bill. The computer tech has removed the program for me and advised that I dispute the charge.

Comments

• Dn
      7th of Feb, 2009

I did buy the 90 dollar software Spyguard 2008, the company registers as coming from China as shown in my credit card statement, has anyone contacted this come for a refund?

• Dn
      7th of Feb, 2009

the same thing happen to my security messages as of Tlancaster's email, that prompted me to buy the spyguard2008 software.I just need to get my money back.