Spurtek / Fraud

United States Review updated:
Spurtek Technologies Inc.
Total scam. Scared my 80 year old mother into thinking someone hacked into her computer and then sold her firewall protection for $199.
Got her bank acc't #, routing # C and Amex number. Was able to cancel card and freeze acc't before any charges. Their website address is a UPS store in Texas.
Aug 7, 2015

A  9th of Aug, 2015 by
Spurtek technologies

yes, totally a scam. On 7/7/15, i called kindle support from what i thought was their web page. The operator answered, " kindle support". I had lost my wifi address and could not purchase a book. Oi had had alot of problems with my computer immediately, connected me to "spurtek" technologies, did not put me on hold. An indian male named victor, stated that, "your internet has been hacked! i see 17 people trying to get into your internet account"! scared me to death.
I told him that i had purchased spyware and protection with a local company and he told me that it was bad and not working, that i did not need "lifelock" either, which i have. He went on to clean out my computer, and demanded checking account and routing number from my checking account and one check. He refused to take a credit card. He got $399.99 from me. Then 30 days later, called me back and said, "our accountant has informed us that our software is bad, we need you to get online and give us your online banking info. We will watch you do it and we will refund your 399.99 back to your bank account, they were going to try and get more money from me! i then informed them that this was an illegal scam and i am reporting them to the fbi. They hung up.
I watched my account closely after that. They did withdraw the 399.99 one time and used a phony account number as the company only, no company name on my bank statement. I thought lifelock would pick it up. They didn't. I reported this to the bbb.
There is one report of a scam on this company back in april 2015! they are spurtek, located in irving, texas usa. They are indian and have a distinct accent. A female is answering the phone. I am contacting the it fraud and detectives in irving, texas, along with a written complaint to bbb dallas, texas division 1-214-220-2000 or bbb.Org/dallas.
My bank said that it is major fraud and because i gave them the routing no, i probably would not get my money back.
All persons that are trying to be scammed rep0rt it now.
N  14th of Jan, 2016 by
I was uploading a new Kindle and they got into my computer. I foolishly gave them a routing number for my bank for $ 380.00 I couldn't get my Kindle load. Now they are trying to get more money saying they are going out business and are wanting to return my money, but they need me at my computer.
A  25th of Apr, 2016 by
I had done research on them and got all the history of spurtek inc. they are from india. one of their team mates named Rohit is in USA who help them in robbing customers and give them the ideas to do scam by different ways. Amit and Om are incharge of indian team, they do call from india and misguide people that they are kindle or amazon and when customer give them remote, they show them hackers and charge him/her good amount. Beware of spurtek inc.
D  25th of Apr, 2016 by