Spurtek / Bank fraud took money

1 Irving, Texas USAUnited States Review updated:
Phone: 1-855-948-0302

On 7/7/15, this happened to me. I thought I was on the Amazon.com/kindle support web page. I thought I was getting into Kindle.com for tech support. Instead, I got this indian operator who said she was, "kindle support". I told her I lost my wifi address. She told me she could connect me to computer technical support and immediately transferred me to spurtek. "Victor" answered and asked for my email and went on to say that I was "being Hacked" by 17 people, that my computer and identity was in danger. I told him I had computer antivirus, security etc, and he said I did not have internet security on this computer and that my lifelock account was not good and I did not need it. He went on to say I would have lifetime coverage from all problems if I bought the $399.99 computer spyware and internet protection for a Lifetime. He refused my credit card and wanted my checking account routing numbers and direct payment account. I gave this crook 399.99 dollars! Now, 30 days later, on 8/5/15 spurtek called me back. He stated that "our accountant has informed us that the software we used is defective and we have to give you back your money as a refund. We need you to get into your computer, log on and get into your bank account and we will transfer the money Back to you using your online banking account". Now they want my online bank account!!! I called my bank and told them they called and they said, "no way it is a scam, hang up and report this". I canceled my debit card, closed my checking account, and destroyed all checks attached to that account. I reported this company spurtek to the BBB and there has been a complaint filed in april of 2015 on them. Total Scammers. Spurtek is scamming Seniors. Call the BBB in Dallas Texas USA and report any activity related to spurtek immediately.

Pa
Aug 9, 2015

Comments

• Fl
      20th of Dec, 2015

I too had the same experience. Call your bank and have them cancel payment immediately.
    My computer froze and a pop-up said your computer has been hacked, etc., etc., call Apple Support at 866-901 7478. They have you open your computer via remote access and then you give them your checking account number and then they control your computer. Don't fall prey to this scam!

• Ke
      25th of Apr, 2016

I had done research on them and goot all the hisotry of spurtek inc. they are from india. one of their team mates named Rohit is in USA who help them in robbing customers and give them the ideas to do scam by different ways. Amit and Om are incharge of indian team, they do call from india and misguide people that they are kindle or amazon and when customer give them remote, they show them hackers and charge him/her good amount. Beware of spurtek inc.