Sprint / Rpm Collection Agency / Long Distance / unauthorized long-distance service

1 St Louis, MO, United States Review updated:

Sprint contacted at&t and set up my long distance service without my authorization. I received a bill and called sprint to tell them I did not have long distance on my home phone. They said they would remove the charges. I also told them to disconnect my long distance. We do not use long distance at home. On feb. 21, 2009 at 8:09 p. M. I received a call from rpm collection agency stating that I had an outstanding sprint bill of $22. Xx to sprint. I have not received any bills in the mail from sprint, plus, they told me they would remove the charges and disconnect my service. I do not view my phone bills because I pay online. So, I looked online tonight and see that sprint is still my long-distance provider. I still have not used long distance at home, I use my cell phone. I will be contacting sprint and at&t on monday to get this straightened out again!

I would like to know what others who have had to deal with this situation have done.

Comments

• Us
      23rd of Feb, 2009

personally i don't really know what is going on but sprint has lots of problems and its really easy to end up with a good company but the quote "you get what you pay for" is what this is about but in your case i would say get a lawyer and other people to join you make a lawsuit and stuff. anyway here is the behind the companys some you may know and some you may not starting with the no contract to contract to most expensive (u.s. only)

Pocket wireless - personally i don't know much about pocket but i know that they do not offer 3g (fast internet access) but they are small signal places and tell you unlimited calls and other stuff LIE'S there is a catch they may be monitoring your calls or owned by the government looking at everything you do

Cricket wireless - Good 3g speeds and o.k. signal but have you noticed there is not enough apps but that is not the point. cricket is owned by the government and they monitor your calls i don't know about the rest but imagine saying a password to the bank feeling your secure and they could steel it without you knowing ex2. last 4 digits of ss# for relogin so its really dangerous no contract places

Alltell -

CONTRACT*** 2YR <1YR EXCEPTION VERIZON WIRELESS OR FULL RETAIL PRICE>

Sprint - NOW WITH NEXTEL jaja offering simply everything plan stealing ss# and messing up your bills, is sprint safe? dosen't have a good reputation to begin with.

T-mobile - INTERNET 3G YEAH RIGHT! 2G BUT STILL O.K. FOR A VERY LOW PRICE. So know tmobile is offering a good reputation not so good coverage but doing o.k.

verizon wireless - loosing signal when below basement not so good connection, anyway offers an o.k. experience except for v-cast which is mobit and stuff need's to extend more

AT&T - i am a user of att wireless and have never had any problems, good signal and stuff but expensive but its worth it here let me start with the basics, $5 insurance per phone, Family plan $70 per month, $10 per line 2nd line is not included in $60, contract :( OUCH!!! 2yr, mobile web $15/phone txt messaging 200/$5 per line unlimited txt messaging $20/line family unlimited txt messaging $30/month hey 3 lines is $150/month already in nothing its your choice contract-free phone big discounts no contract- retail pricet

• Yr
      22nd of Mar, 2009

I paid an old bill from sprint for long distance and was referred to a collection agency Park Dansan and paid my $6.00 bill. I now got a call from RPM with a screaming girl on the end of the phone who is saying I never paid my bill. WtF is wrong with spring and not keeping records to confirm payment. When we look up my name, there is none on file? Why are collection agencies calling me for $6.00 bill that has been paid?????
    I called sprint and they could not even find my name. I have cleaned up my credit and now I'm hearing from these people??? No sure who to talk to. Unhappy with Sprint

• Sg
      22nd of May, 2009

Same thing happened to us from an account with Verizon in WA state. Collection agency was RPM so we contacted them and paid the balance in full. They claim that since we paid the acct in full via debit card, we must wait 30 days after the paid date to get a receipt. This is because most people will pay and get a receipt and then later contact their bank within the 30 day time frame to file a Regulation E complaint stating as though they did not authorize that payment. So, the bank gives them their money back and in the meantime, the person will have the report removed from their credit report as paid in full. We just want a damned receipt. After the 30 days you must call to get a receipt. Whatever- fair enough I thought. Though I am not one of the criminals who would do what I stated above. Now contacting RPM for the 10th time in the last 45 days since we paid it, they claimed they would fax the receipt. Then after explaining that I did not get the faxed receipt, they say they cannot fax them. You must put your request in through a request receipt answer machine. I have done this numerous times and this company now claims that it takes 30 days after the original 30 days past the date of debit to get the receipt. This company is crooked and I wouldn't trust them further than I can spit.

8th of Jun, 2009

today i got a call from rpm, some lady named elizabeth klinefelter and told me that my credit score will decrease if i did not pay the $ 43.01 plus $5 fee. i paid and called sprint right after, they told me that that amount was paid already, wtf? well im trying to call back RPM and they are busy with other customers. well still trying because this is real confusing. i'll will just cancell that transaction and see who wins because that amount was already paid for, they messed up with keeping up with the account not me. fools.

• Ru
      8th of Jun, 2009

if they still can't get it right and you can afford that $43 bux, just pay it to get rid of it.

yes, i know u dont actually owe it, but if you dont pay it, a couple years from now, this fake bill will come back and haunt you.. and this time it will have hundreds of dollars in fees tacked on to it.. RPM are the masters at this scam. They will stop calling you about the bill and you think its all taken care of. But then, years later.. here it is haunting you.. and this time, nobody has any of the original documentation anymore and they try to ruin your credit with it

• Sg
      9th of Jun, 2009

CHECK THIS OUT!!! I wrote the comment the comment above-refeerenced by SgTa. Contact the Better Business Bureau- and they will take care of everything. Only thing was, this company was also in violation of the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act (my husband is in the military). I mentioned that to the BBB. This company is crooked.

Consumer's Original Complaint :
    This is from an account my husband had with Verizon in WA state (account name was Jeramie Anderson). Collection agency was RPM so we contacted them and paid the balance in full. They claim that since we paid the acct in full via debit card, we must wait 30 days after the paid date to get a receipt. This is because most people will pay and get a receipt and then later contact their bank within the 30 day time frame to file a Regulation E complaint stating as though they did not authorize that payment. So, the bank gives them their money back and in the meantime, the person will have the report removed from their credit report as paid in full. We just want a damned receipt. After the 30 days you must call to get a receipt. They do not automatically issue one. Whatever- fair enough I thought. Though I am not one of the criminals who would do what I stated above. Now I have been contacting RPM for the 10th time in the last 45 days since we paid it, they claimed they would fax the receipt. Then after explaining that I did not get the faxed receipt, they say they cannot fax them. You must put your request in through a request receipt answer machine. I have done this numerous times and this company now claims that it takes 30 days after the original 30 days past the date of debit to get the receipt. That's a total of 60 days past the paid date to get a receipt and they don't just send one? This company is crooked and I wouldn't trust them further than I can spit. I have asked for management, I have escalated my complaint and they just get more and more rude with me when I call. They don't want to talk to me about it and tell me to put my request in through the request line. I have been transferred to that extension I don't know how many times now, but it obviously doesn't work and I still don't have a receipt. I paid this April 9, 2009 and today's date is May 22, 2009. I only want this receipt because I am waiting for this item to close on my new home loan. I cannot close on the loan until I have proof that I have no collections in my name.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
    Receipt- paid in full.

BBB Processing

05/22/2009 web BBB Complaint Received by BBB
    05/26/2009 LAM BBB Complaint Processed by BBB Operator
    05/26/2009 Otto EMAIL Send acknowledgement to Consumer
    05/26/2009 Otto EMAIL Inform Business of the Complaint
    05/27/2009 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : Dear Complaint Department,
    I have reviewed the complaint filed by Mrs. Anderson. I would now like to take this opportunity to respond.
    I have been in contact with Mrs. Anderson and have addressed and resolved the issues in her complaint. I have also provided her with my direct contact info if she has any further questions or concerns.
    If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly at (425) 412-2607.
    Sincerely,
    Alyce Campbell
    Quality Assurance & Compliance
    (425) 412-2607
    05/27/2009 LAM EMAIL Forward Business response to Consumer
    05/28/2009 LAM BBB MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
    The issue has been resolved, however, we are not completely satisfied. This company has contacted me and provided me a receipt. It should not take a complaint to the BBB to get a receipt from a paid debt from any creditor. My husband is a military personnel and what this company has done is totally violated the Soldiers and Sailors Civiil Relief Act. Though they are not required to ask if we are military or not, all individuals should receive the same treatment. It does not take 60 days to provide a receipt to a customer!!!
    05/28/2009 LAM BBB Consumer Satisfied with Business Response