Sprint / sprint rebate fraud

1 6200 Sprint ParkwayOverland Park, KS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 817.698.2401

I filed a rebate fraud complaint against Sprint on Sunday, 08 March 2009 with Planetfeedback. As of Friday, 27 March 2009, this matter has not been resolved to my satisfaction. In fact, this matter was not resolved at all. I was contacted by Sprint on Monday, 09 March 2009. I verified my account information (for security purposes) and supplied the the proof of purchase (via email attachment). I was informed that a ticket would be opened and a billing specialist would contact me. A billing specialist contacted me on Tuesday, 10 March 2009. Once again, I verified my account information (for security purposes) and supplied the the proof of purchase (via email attachment) for the billing specialist. Instead of acting quickly to resolve this matter that is almost one year old, Sprint began stalling and wasting my time. Over the next two days I was sent a standard form letter via email, several times, requesting my account information, proof of purchase, and stating their business hours. I had previously verified my account information (for security purposes) and supplied the the proof of purchase (via email attachment) on Monday, 09 March 2009 and again on Tuesday, 10 March 2009. On Thursday, 12 March 2009 I was informed that I would need to contact the Sprint rebate department and supply the same account verification and proof of purchase information I had just previously given to two Sprint employees. Also, I would have to wait 30-45 days for the rebate. 30-45 days. I have already been waiting almost one year for this rebate. I purchased this phone on Monday, 05 May 2008. I should have received the rebate by Monday, 11 August 2008. Fourteen weeks later! However, I did not receive the rebate. I submitted the proof of purchase via postal service several times, then via fax after I contacted Sprint and was informed that they never received the rebate request. Now, almost one year later, instead of Sprint acting without delay to resolve this matter as quickly as possible and ensure that a customer is retained, I am informed I need to resubmit the rebate request again (information that has now been submitted via mailing, faxing, and email attachment) and wait. No, I will not wait. This matter should have been righted by Sprint by Tuesday, 10 March 2009 once I verified my account information and attached the proof of purchase in my email response to Sprint on Monday, 09 March 2009. Sprint should have sent the $50.00 rebate check overnight and given me at least two months of free service to correct this gross inconvenience.

I informed Sprint on Thursday, 12 March 2009 that I would not continue to resubmit information that has been submitted and verified. I informed Sprint that I will not wait another 30 - 45 days for the rebate. I have already waited almost one year! If I do not receive the rebate in 7 business day from today the following will occur:

1. A fraud complaint will be filed with the Attorney Generals Office
2. A fraud complaint will be filed with the Federal Trade Commission
3. A fraud complaint will be filed with the Better Business Bureau
4. Another complaint will be filed with Planetfeedback

Again, instead of Sprint acting quickly they stalled and continued to delay in bringing this matter to a close. I was informed the matter could be expedited and I would only have to wait 15-20 days for the rebate. I replied with No and stated again that Sprint has 7 business days to deliver the rebate check. In an effort to ensure that I am not satisfied and keep the money that I am owed, Sprint offered an account credit. I replied with No and stated again that Sprint has 7 business days to deliver the rebate check. On Tuesday, 17 March 2009 Sprint stated that they would not be able to fulfill the 7 business day request. I quickly informed Sprint that if I did not receive the rebate check on Monday, 23 March 2009 the following would occur:

1. A fraud complaint will be filed with the Attorney General's Office
7. A fraud complaint will be filed with MeasuredUp.com
8. A fraud complaint will be filed with ConsumerAffairs.com
9. A fraud complaint will be filed with Complaints.com
10. A fraud complaint will be filed with The Consumer Advocacy Group

Sprint's response only made the matter much worse. They informed me the rebate check would not be delivered in 7 business days and I would have to resubmit the rebate request again and wait.

I have since halted all communication with Sprint due to the fact that this company is committing fraud and has absolutely no intention of delivering my rightful rebate.

I will continue to pursue this matter until I receive my rebate and at the very least two preferably three months free service for this gross inconvenience and complete deception.

As of Wednesday, 13 May 2009, I have filed a rebate fraud complaint against Sprint with:

1. Ripoff.com (Wednesday, 18 March 2009)
2. Planetfeedback.com (Tuesday, 24 March 2009)
3. MeasuredUp.com (Tuesday, 24 March 2009)
4. Complaints.com (Wednesday, 25 March 2009)
5. My3cents.com (Thursday, 26 March 2009)
6. Better Business Bureau (Friday, 27 March 2009)
7. ConsumerAffairs.com (Friday, 03 April 2009)
8. Texas Attorney General's Office (Tuesday, 05 May 2009)
9. Complaintbook (Thursday, 07 May 2009)
10. Pissed Consumer, I'm Pissed! (Thursday, 07 May 2009)
11. ShamScam (Sunday, 10 May 2009)
12. CanYouTrustThem.com (Sunday, 10 May 2009)
13. Texas Consumer Complaint Center (Monday, 11 May 2009)
14. ConsumerWatchDog.org (Monday, 11 May 2009)
15. American Bad Business List (Tuesday, 12 May 2009)
16. National Association of Consumer Advocates (Tuesday, 12 May 2009)
17. Call for Action (Tuesday, 12 May 2009)
18. Consumer-action.org (Tuesday, 12 May 2009)
19. In Bad Company (Wednesday, 13 May 2009)
20. BusinessReporter.net (Wednesday, 13 May 2009)

Sprint has responded to my Better Business Bureau complaint with lies and more delays. Sprint reported to the BBB and myself that their rebate department has no record of receiving the rebate request. That is a lie. I have documented the date, time and Sprint employee number of a telephone conversation informing me that the rebate request was received by the Sprint Rebate Department on Monday, 11 August 2008. Once again after verifying my account information and supplying one and only one wireless phone number, Sprint has contacted the wrong wireless number twice. More efforts to delay resolving this matter. Sprint has lied and reported to the BBB that a representative has spoken with me and this matter is resolved. That is a lie. Sprint reported to the BBB and myself on Monday, 13 April 2009, that a rebate check should be received in 7-10 days. As of Wednesday, 13 May 2009 I have not received a rebate check. Another lie! Sprint has absolutely no intention of sending the rebate check that is rightfully deserved.

This matter is now one year old. Sprint could have and should have sent the rebate check overnight to resolve this matter quickly and retain a loyal customer. My dissatisfaction with this company has risen to the point that this matter can only be resolved with the receipt of the grossly overdue $50.00 rebate check and three (3) months free wireless service.

On Thursday, 07 May 2009, Sprint informed me that it would be another 45 days before the rebate check would be issued. This company is fraudulent in every possible way.

Comments

• Su
      23rd of May, 2009

I am sick after reading your Complaint because yours is just one of so many that I've read. I too am a "several years long-time customer" of Sprint and my daughter and myself BOTH lost our phones (at different times). We carried insurance (which is a joke too because the deductibe is $100 ea), but it was about time to renew our contracts anyway, so we both got new expensive phones and were both told BY THE SALESPERSON that we would get rebates. BUT, after mailing them in, I just received the wonderful "POSTCARD" giving one of the thousands of reasons they find NOT to give you your rebate!!! I just can't believe what I'm about to have to go thru after reading your blog. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm so shocked by the REASON they gave me that I just have this feeling that I'll never get my rebate. BUT, THEY ARE GOING TO HEAR FROM ME. I just don't understand Sprint... you would think they would want to keep long time customers and to mail them a little $50 check... ridiculous!@!@!@! I'm behind you. I just wish something could REALLY be done. I need that money back. Suzzy

• Re
      27th of May, 2009

CALL IN LIKE I DID AND THREATING THEM WITH THE BBB. THEY WILL HOP RIGHT ON IT ON THE SPOT...ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU TELL THEM YOU NOT A FOOL AND DEMAND THE MAIN SUPERVISOR.

• Su
      27th of May, 2009

Thanks Redmond! I'll try it. I can use all the advise I can get. My husband is furious! He can't believe that nothing can be done about Sprint getting away with this. Everybody needs to get down on them. I bet if everyone can remember, their Salesman told them "they would get a Rebate" if they buy a phone, right? I know I did. Hubby says that is a breach of contract too.. verbal contract. But; get a lawyer and fight? They know you wont, but this is ridiculous to let them screw so many people! I wish everybody luck.

• Cb
      27th of May, 2009

Everyday I look for new agencies and consumer advocacy sites that I have not reported this situation. Since I last posted this complaint I have found several more. Please find them below. There is strength in numbers!

21. Complaints Board (Wednesday, 13 May 2009)
    22. Consumer Fraud Reporting (Wednesday, 13 May 2009)
    23. MyWoes (Friday, 15 May 2009)
    24. iRipoff (Friday, 15 May 2009)
    25. Totalripoffs (Friday, 15 May 2009)
    26. Walletpop (Friday, 15 May 2009)
    27. Federal Communications Commission (Monday, 18 May 2009)
    28. WeeklyGripe (Monday, 18 May 2009)
    29. Infoworld (Monday, 18 May 2009)
    30. Yelp (Saturday, 23 May 2009)
    31. Mary Hunt (Debt Proof Living, Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    32. Sensory Metrics (Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    33. Where's The Service (Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    34. URADEADBEAT (Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    35. CompanyNameSucks (Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    36. Just Bad Service (Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    37. Sick of Being Screwed (Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    38. Webmaster-Talk (Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    39. Buzzle (Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    40. Associated Content (Tuesday, 26 May 2009)
    41. My Biggest Complaint

• Wi
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I agree. I have had 7 years of bad service from sprint such as phones not working which cost from 50 to 300 dollars.. getting refurbished phones that don't work. Extended contracts for nonworking phones causing not beong able to get out of contracts. Not getting rebates. Double charging and wrongful charges that are never reversed fully. Etc, o feel a class action siot voa TV moght be the answer. WILMETTA MORRIS. FLORIDA

• Cb
      24th of Feb, 2010

This company is so foul! On May 12, 2008 it was reported by Fortune that Sprint lost 1.09 million customers. These numbers will continue to increase. Sprint consistently ranks high in the customer service hall of shame.

Do not give up! Fight to receive your rightful rebate. We are consumers with powerful purchasing dollars and we demand respect. If the rebate was completed properly and submitted on time then the rebate request should be honored.

This company is a joke that is not funny. AT&T and Verizon have more customers anyway.

4th of Nov, 2011

I never got my rebate. I was informed the request was "incomplete" - which is a total lie. They are liars. Maybe I'll look into suing them in small claims court.