Sprint / Nextel / bad service

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

For two weeks now, I have been unable to get a signal on my Sprint cell phone. It'll be in fine working order one day, then unable to find the network the next. For 24 hours now, I have not had use of my cell phone, AKA my only phone. Sprint customer service being what it is, I have only received the reply, "There must be an outage" - with no information whatsoever. I live in Chicago, IL! The third largest city in the country! This is unacceptable and I would like a refund for the days I have been without service.

Le

Comments

• Va
      4th of Dec, 2008

The Nextel/Motorola i580 is complete junk. Sprint/Nextel markets this phone as "Rugged Construction/ Military 810F Spec" and "Rain-Resistant." Nothing could be further from the truth.

I have gone through 5 i580 phones, each replaced with a $50.00 fee, one of them for free. Here is how each phone met its demise:

i580 # 1: Screen in front went blank

i580 # 2: Both screens malfunctioned

i580 # 3: Screen in front malfunctioned

i580 # 4: Phone kept calling 911 on its own in a county 1.5 hours away that I have never been to. It would do this even when the phone was powered off.

i580 # 5: Dropped 2 feet and screens broke. It got wet due to rain.

I called Nextel to address the issues and they want me to dump more good money into this POS. I have been a Nextel customer for years and have never had issues until the i580 came into my life.

I can not imagine any military using this. Clearly this phone is cheap junk. I am upset that Nextel will not take care of its long time customers.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PHONE!!