Sprint Mccall Communications

Posted:

not their probem because of policy

Sprint McCall Communications
SW 17th Street
Ocala, Florida
Phone: 352.369-1600
Hi,

I needed help activating my 8400 Sprint cell phone that I received from the insurance program. I stood at the wall phone at your SW 17th street, Ocala, FL store, McCall communications for over one plus hours with excellent technical people listening to my frustration concerning the 8400 inability to download my contacts from Sprint network and how to log on to GPS.

None of your stores technical people were willing to help. I was told that your policy is that I would have to pay $36.00 to get their help to activate my phone. By now my phone was already activated I just needed help with the downloaded on contacts and login into GPS.

So for over an hour I stayed frustrated with three technical people from Sprint on the phone trying to help me. When it would have been so easy for one of the technical people in the store, who by this time was available, to look at my phone and at least log me into GPS while we waited to see if the contacts were going to download into my phone.

Your policy created an environment of rudeness and frustration because the technical people at the store could have and should have been able to help my out of courtesy. A problem that could have been resolved by one of the store's technical people in a few minutes turned into a two hour problem.

I left a "Sprint" store realizing that the technical people were ignoring me because it was Not their problem. So because they are a third party store I was treated very unkindly.

Your present policy system does not work and I will not be recommending Sprint because your vendors.

Thank you.
Peace,
Sarah Angel

PS. It took another one hour with your Sprint technical people, McGel ( I may be spelling his name incorrectly), he try and try to help me over and over again. He wanted only to give me the best service. Unfortunately it took over an hour to communicate to a non technical person over the phone all that must be done to get the phone set up probably.

PS. I believe you need to clearly identify your Sprint stores from your third party stores because in the end I was treated poorly by Sprint. If I had known I would have never visited your third party store.
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones

Comments

A  17th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
i agree, they should make it clear that their policies do not follow sprint and nextel's policies. you would think that they would be the same, but be cautious. i just bought the new curve for $250. i am having problems with it; reception is horrible, the alarm does not function correctly, and when i answer the phone, the 1st 3-4 seconds are on speakerphone. i called nextel support, they told me to bring it to the store i bought it from. i called 1st before i did, they had to order my phone. i called on the expected day, and i was right by the mall finishing a job. sara the manager told me it was in and i could come get it. i told her i'd be in as soon as i completed my job. about 15 minutes later karli, my salesperson, called to tell me i needed to bring the box or they would charge me $250 to be refunded back in a week or 2. i told them it was in the trash and asked for a different way to swap the phone. they told me either the box or $250. at this time i was driving past the mall as i'm speaking to them. they told me it would be a waste of time, so i didnt stop. after work i went home (40 min from the mall), we dug out the box from the trash (it was gross), i took a shower and made it to the mall by 8:35p. with the box and phone, the swap should be done by the closing of the mall right? wrong, i left at 10:10pm, and it gets worse.
as i entered the store, sara was at the 1st register, so i stopped there and set my box (in a zip-lock bag) and my phone on the counter and asked for my new phone. she looked at it and went to the back room for a few minutes. she came back and told me that because the way they ordered it, i would have to pay the $250 and get the refund 1-2 weeks later. i asked her why she had me drive 40 min home to get the box and drive 40 minutes back to bring it to avoid the $250 charge. she replied it was policy. i asked her why the her and the 5 or 6 other people i have spoken to over the last few days never informed me of having to pay an additional $250. she didnt know. at this point, i already wasted about 2 hours on trying to get my brand new phone that doesnt work, for the one sitting in the store. i was told if i broke it, i would get the one they had with no problem, i have insurance. but if they swap me a brand new phone, they have to charge me $250 (to be refunded). by now i'm completely irritated and told her to just run it thru so i can go. at this point she asks me if i'd like to bring it to the corporate store (i passed on the way) to get my $250 back. i asked her if i can just bring it there for the swap and get the refund all instantly. she told me yes. i asked what time they closed, she told me 9p... it was 8:58. i asked her why she didnt tell me that a half hour ago so they could have taken care of me... again, sara didnt know. i forgot to mention, sara is the store manager.
it gets better, she had issues activating my new phone (reason for me leaving at 10:10pm). i reminded her again that i use the phone for business, and i need one that works, not to screw around with one i may have problems with, just give me my crappy one and i'll go to corporate tomorrow. she told me it would be ok. it was way too late and nextel order support told me their hands were tied (mccall is independant), so i just left. i left the store with a blackberry with only contact info, not all my info. when i asked her where all the other info is, she acted suprised, like it was an odd request to have all info moved to the new phone... they did a complete transfer when i upgraded a few weeks earlier from the 7520.
DO NOT BUY FROM MCCALL COMMUNICATIONS! BEWARE OF THEIR POLICIES!
D  4th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Read your reciept...YOU SIGNED IT!!...therefore agreeing to what states:
"When returning the phone or other device, it must be in the original packaging and include all kit components"

That "original packaging"...yeah...THAT MEANS YOUR BOX

It's not the fault of any employee of McCalls that you clearly can't follow simple instructions.
N  5th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I got raped in the face in McCall's bathroom by a slimy hispanic male, of average puerto rican height.
A  23rd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I can assure anyone that thinks about going to McCall "dont"! The company had negitave experience after negitave experience and the support to assist by Mrs. McCall told me why the company has such poor customer service. My advice is "if" you go to them, get documentation on everything - don't trust anything they say cause they will not follow through.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree