Sprint / Gc Services / Harassing phone calls, nasty attitude, wrong customer

1 United States

On Sunday I received a call on my answering machine. A woman with very poor English speaking skills left her name and number asking I return her call. The first name she used was not correct, nor did she have my middle initial correct, but she did have my last name right. I thought the mistake might lie with her inability to speak English correctly. On Tuesday I returned the call. My call was answered, using their normal greeting stating company name. When I asked again who they were, they repeated the company name. I asked again who they were, who they work for and I was told that "they work for many companies." I explained the call I received. I was then asked my last name, which I gave. She then gave me a first name and I replied, No mam. She then asked if I was a Sprint customer, I replied yes mam. She then gave an address and a town and I said no mam. She then asked for my social security number and I promptly told her that I don't give that number out over the phone. Your employee then got nasty with me and said they already have it! I then told her that if they have it then she could tell me what it was! Very quickly I was told someone would have to call me back! and I was promptly hung up on. I then called Sprint to try and find out what this call was all about. I gave them the phone number and they called. After talking to "Stephanie" she said that they had transposed the number they were trying to reach and got me instead. She had told her that they should at least admit the error and apologize for the mistake. The person on the other end was even nasty to her, which she admitted to me. This is "old school collections"!!! Do you really think that by being nasty with your job at hand makes "the collection any easier". Compound this by a person that is barely understandable over the phone, and you now have an angry customer that is probably less willing to pay what they owe! I consider this harassment! Any further calls from GC Services to me will be considered harassment and my attorney will be contacting YOU!!!