Spring Industries / Zurich Insurance / Dangerous products, liars and cheats!

I bought a bath mat for my tub at Wal-Mart. When my family and I used it, it would slip a little. Finally I slipped to the point of falling down and not only knocking my head against the wall and edge of the tub, I wrapped my left leg around the shower door tearing ligaments behind my knee.

I went to Wal-Mart and was given the phone number to call for problems with their products.

I contacted this person and was told I had to go through the product company with my complaint, Spring Industries. When I contacted them they put me in touch with their insurance company Zurich Insurance. When I spoke with a Charles Shryock he told me it was my own fault for stepping out of the shower!

I told my husband what Shryock had said to me and he called Zurich and asked to speak to someone in charge. He was put in touch with Patty Ibarra. When my husband told her what happened she took over our complaint. She told us to see doctors and as soon as everything was taken care of through the doctors to send them all the medical bills and they would reimburse us for the cost. My knee was so bad it took doctors two years to finally tell me the injury was chronic and would never completely go away. With that settled we sent Zurich Insurance/ Patty Ibarra copies of all the medical bills that had been incurred from my injury.

Over the next year she asked us to resend the bills three times. Then she started sending us papers to sign giving Zurich permission to look at my medical records. We did everything they asked of us. Time kept going by and we never heard from her. When we did she would say they had misplaced the paperwork or the bills we had sent and ask us to send them again.

This went on for a year. The last time we heard from her we got a letter stating that the three year statute of limitations had run out and we could no longer file a claim for my injury. We had been "filing" this claim for three years and now they weren't going to pay anything.

We contacted a lawyer to find out if there was any way to make them pay. We were told because it had been three years there was nothing we could do. They strung us along for three years so they wouldn't have to pay anything on our claim. That is just wrong!

So I now have to suffer from a chronic leg injury the rest of my life and have to swallow the bitter pill that the people who caused the injury don't have to pay for my pain and suffering.

The only good thing that came of this experience is, no matter what it is, the first thing I'm going to do is get a lawyer to file the paperwork for me so whoever I'm dealing with has no choice but to pay the bills sent to them.

It's been a year and half and I still seethe when I think about what they did to me.

Don't do business with Spring Industries or Zurich insurance. They are liars and cheats. And please stay away from Springs Industries products in Wal-Mart, they're dangerous, especially their bath mats!

Comments

• Mr
      23rd of Mar, 2007

From Mrs.Nenita Villaran.
    Republic of Philippine.

My Dearest One,
    I am contacting you based on trust and l believe you will treat this offer with keen interest and utmost sincerity. I am Mrs Villaran Nenita, a citizen of philippine, a widow and legitimate heir to the late former Minister of finance who was assassinated for been working with the ex-president Joseph Estrada in philippine.

following the recent crises, my late husband office and business has suffered a tremendous set back. I run a currency trading company and money exchange bureau in philippine. the reason why l am contacting you is to find out if I can invest my money in your line of business or into a profitable investment in your country because it has become very necessary for me to diversify my interest in the areas of investment in other country.I inherited a sum of USD$ 15, 000.000.00. Fifteen Million United States Dollars from my late husband, due to the pressure mounted on me by my late husband's family members for this money has compelled me to leave Manila and have the money which is concealed in a metallic lron trunk box deposited with a security and finance company in Cote d' Ivoire through the help of a trusted diplomat where it will not be traced under a secret arrangement as family treaures. The box was deposited by my late husband during the crisis before he was assassinated as family valuables. the security company does not know the content of the box that was shipped from the Philippine to Cote d' ivoire under a diplomatic coverage.

My purpose of contacting you is to ask for your assistance, boil down to the fact that I don't want my late husband's family memeber’s to be aware of this transaction or name involved. the deposit receipt of the box authorized the security company to make this box avaliable for shipment on request only to my foreign bussiness partner, representative, although unnamed. Hence I like you to contact the security company as my bussiness partner, after receiving prove from me to enable the security company release the box to you diplomatically, while I join you on the arrival of the box. I have paid all demurrage, storage charges and the shipment fee, all you need to do is to help me, stand as my business foreign partner and contact the security company, introduce yourself as my bussiness partner , requesting the shipment of the box to your country., as soon as the diplomatic shipping agent approved the shipment and tell you the arrival date of the box then I will join you to give you 15% of the money instantly before I go on with the proposed investment in your domain provided is secured and investment friendly. if you can be trusted and willing to represent me as my bussiness partner, please let me know urgently, as l will need a copy of your driving licence and international passport and after mine will be sent to you as well.

I waiting for your urgent response.
    Yours sincerely darling sister.
    Mrs.Nenita Villaran.

• Ju
      19th of Feb, 2008

This is what they did to me too....I was told to go down the water slide at the Golden Nugget Hotel right after their renovation of the pool adding a water slide going through the shark tank at the pool. Well, they sent me down the slide when someone was still in it...he was holding himself in place looking at the sharks. I hurt my back and put more arthritis in my right knee that I had 3 operations on already. I also lost 2 days of my vacation being in a wheel chair and endured emotinal distress, loss of income and medical bills.

I was contacted by Risk Management for the Gold Nugget and was after 3 months was told they had sent Zurich my file, telling me that because it was over $12,000 that it had to be sent to their insurance company-Zurich. So, I get a call from this very unattentive,uncaring Zurich worker and she offers me $8,000 after 6 months of her not doing anything. Thats' way less than the $12,000 so I said that was way too low and why was it below the $12,000 that the Golden Nugget said it would be if they hadn't sent it over to their insurance company. So, I give them a counter offer after she prompted me (encouraged me to make them a counter offer) to. Well, she called me and then said she's let me know if they could do that for me. I asked for $20,000 which I really think I deserved $80-100,000. I get a call from her tonight saying they can't do the counter offer and have since taken the $8,000 off the table and have decided to pay me nothing. I was shocked because Gold Nugget said they would take care of me and pay loss wages, pain and suffering and my medical bills...I am even out the 20% that I incurred that my insurance company didn't pay. This is an outrage. I would like anyone that has experienced this to contact me at 651-442-7849 or via e-mail Juneinmn@yahoo.com as I want to get a case against this insurance company. We are small alone but big together. I refuse to let them take advantage of me.

• Ad
      6th of Nov, 2008

i have had a serious problem with zurich insurance.
    i was hit by a cement truck on a high way because the truck ran the stop sign, trying to get on the high way.
    they took about two weeks to contact me. and said they will only give me 250 doallars for a rental and 10% of what my car is worth or amount to fix it.
    because there insured party said it was my fault.
    and that the police report and my witness are wrong.
    i mean come on a police officer lying.
    so i declined the offer and said i will see them in court. and hung up the phone
    im glad i didnt get seriously injured.
    or i would be out alot more money
    so now im suing zurich and the cement trucker driver.
    for basicly everything.

• Sc
      12th of Apr, 2010

I think Zurich should be sued for calling themselves an "insurance" company- they are liars and thieves and find loopholes to take a persons money for premiums and then refuse to pay out when a claim is made

• Dr
      15th of Oct, 2010

Be Lucky it wasn't Worker's Compensation through Zurich.
    I suffered a Broken Neck in 2003, and they are still fighting me over getting Healed.
    They authorized my Surgery, when I was being prepped and sedated for surgery, they called the Hospital and told them That Zurich would not be responsible for the Hospital & Surgeon's bills. So they pulled me from the OR, Gave me an anesthesia antagonist to wake me up, and sent me home. They were not denying Treatment, only Denying Payment. Go Figure.