sportsman kennel

Posted:

clarification of law

sportsman kennel
Manorville, New York
I have visited Sportsman kennel in Manorville had have found the facility to be very clean andwell kept. I have visited the kennel early in the morning as well as evening. The puppies as well as boarding dogs were well taken care for with plenty of room to run and fresh water and food
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Dog Breeders

Comments

N  20th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
Are you serious?
Go to Topix.com and read 87 comments under
Officials: Puppy Mill probe shows need for Enforcement.
to read about the horror that Sportsmans Kennels has visited upon unsuspecting families by selling sick dogs. Look up New York Magazine 1973 to see that Helen Camlakides was being investigated for selling sick dogs back then. I met a man who purchased a lab in 1990 that was congenitally deformed internally, like my maltese that was purchased in 2008. The pain of learning your new puppy is sick or dying and Sportsmans Kennels is absolved unless the condition is discoverable within 14 days, is agonizing and will tear your heart out.

N  3rd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Sportman's Kennel. All of my dogs have lived long healthy lives. The first dogs that I purchased there were Sophie a Yorkie and Tess, a Cavalier. They each were amazingly beautiful and lived to 15 and 17, respectively.

My Yorkie Carly (pictured) also came from Sportman's Kennel. She will be 11 in June ... and is terrific in every way.

All of my friends have gotten dogs from Hellen. My friend Ivy had a chocolate Poodle named Godiva that lived to 18, and in June she bought a black Pug from Sportman's Kennel, named Mabel.
My friend Jane had a Dachshund named Lulu and Lulu just passed away at 19 years old!! Jane just got two gorgeous Dachshund from Helen, named Brownie and Cookie.
My sister Dara got her Beagle, Eloise at Sportman's Kennel several years ago. Eloise is the cutest Beagle that I have ever seen.

I have always found everyone at Sportman's Kennel to be highly professional. The place is very clean, and the puppy are all very well taken care of.

Since I have a long history with the place, and have repeated friends and family members getting dogs there, I find this negative review hard to believe.

The internet is very dangerous. People can post things like this ... and lies, half truths, and jealous competitors, sound like factual reliable sources. If I didn't have a history with Sportman's Kennel, I might take this at face value ... but because I do, I sincerely question how my experience could be so entirely different.

Sportman's Kennel has been in business for over 40 years. Sorry, something just doesn't ring true!!
D  25th of Jan, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I can't imagine any legitimate dog breeder having the huge variety of breeds that Sportsman's Kennel sells!
N  31st of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
THE PLACE IS SHAMEFUL . WENT BY THERE TODAY. DOGS OUT IN HEAT . NO SHADE. LYING IN HOLES THEY DUG TO KEEP COOL. ONLY WATER WAS BUCKETS OF INFESTED WATER. DOGS COVERED IN DUST. THEY WON'T EVEN CUT THE WEEDS IN THE PENS OR FIELDS. THIS PLACE SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN. VERY CRUEL.
A  2nd of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
WENT THERE YESTERDAY ALSO, OLDER DOGS OUTSIDE IN HEAT. DIDNT LIKE THE WAY ONE EMPLOYEE HANDLED THE DOG HE WAS ABOUT TO SHOW US. IMMEDIATELY BECAME DISGUSTED AND TOLD THEM TO FORGET IT
I MUST SAY THE INSIDE IS PRETTY DECENT. BUT I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IF THEY ARE LEGIT BREEDERS
IM GOING TO START INVESTIGATING
N  19th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have a bad taste about this kennel also. I haven't dealt with them in years but I went to look for a dog and the owner was not pleasant at all. When we left there my husband nicknamed her "Cruella". So we went to bid-a-wee in Westhampton Beach and rescued a great 2 year old beagle. We went back to Sportsman Kennel to board my dog there and when I went to pick her up after a weekend, no one could find her bag that I packed with her food, blanket etc. So she was there and didn't even get her own food nor her blanket AND no one called me. When I picked her up that's when I found out this and they told me she had diarrhea. She had no voice for a week because she probably howled the entire weekend. ANOTHER STORY; recently I saw a cute dog in a car and I asked the owner where did you get your dog and she said Sportsman Kennel. She complained that she came home with giardia, worms, and that the dog needed multiple treatments before it was eradicated. The women was not happy with Sportsman Kennel for selling her a high priced dog with a condition that should have been checked before the dog was released. So now I am looking for another dog and I hesitate to go to Sportsman Kennel even though I know people that got their dogs there and had no problem...Moral of the story...you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree