sports and fitness club / they won't let me get out of the membership

1 South Africa Review updated:

on the 10th March 2009i was called to come and collect vouchers from this gym, since they were running a promotion. next thing they made me sign a membership form saying a won some sort of a deal. Now i called them today 13th March 2009, telling them that i will not be able to afford their fees, and that i want to cancel the membership they are telling me it's a binding contract. The whole time i kept on telling them that i need to go home and think about this they told me that i have to take the deal or it will fall away. I need advice on how i can get out of this contract for i have never even been not even once to the gym.

Comments

• Za
      24th of Apr, 2012

I also have the problem with the same gym, they are misleading people to get them to join the gym they tell you that you have three months trial period and them when you want to cancel they tell you that you signed for a three year contract, so you can not cancel.

i'm very angry and pissed off with their way of doing business

Annoyed
    Zandile

• Pa
      22nd of Aug, 2012

I am experiencing the same issue with the club, they don't want to allow me to cancel. any advice