[Resolved] Spokeo.com / the longer I am with them, the more I realize how out of date their database is

United States Review updated:

When I started with Spokeo, it seemed that they had a lot to information to offer. But the longer I am with them, the more I realize how out of date their database is. I run 20-30 searches per day to confirm my marketing data, and at least half of them are incorrect (emails bounce back and phone numbers don't match). Even my own phone number which I have had for 12 years now is incorrect on their site and my number is not blocked or unlisted.

• Resolution statement

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Nov 11, 2011

Dear Spokeo User,

I'm sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Spokeo showcases the power of information aggregation, as the data is gathered from a multitude of different sources, such as social networks, public records, phone listings, marketing surveys and more. However, machine aggregation has its limits. Since there is no human involved, the data is not verified and might not be accurate. Moreover, many sources do not refresh their data often. Our Terms of Use states clearly that we are a Search Engine, and do not create, maintain or modify any of the information you see. For this reason, we cannot guarantee full or accurate information for every name, phone number, email address or username you search for, as the results vary so much from person to person. We are only as good as our sources, and our engineers are working hard on new algorithms to improve our data accuracy. I do apologize again for the inconvenience.

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Oct 24, 2012

Dear Timothy,

I'm sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Spokeo showcases the power of information aggregation, as the data is gathered from a multitude of different sources, such as social networks, public records, phone listings, marketing surveys and more. We also organize the information so that it makes sense for you, as a user. However, machine aggregation has its limits. Since there is no human involved, the data is not verified and might not be accurate. Moreover, many sources do not refresh their data often. Our Terms of Use states clearly that we are a Search Engine, and do not create, maintain or modify any of the information you see. For this reason, we cannot guarantee full or accurate information for every name, phone number, email address or username you search for, as the results vary so much from person to person. We are only as good as our sources, and our engineers are working hard on new algorithms to improve our data accuracy. In attempt to help resolve any issues, I have sent you a private message. I do apologize again for the inconvenience.

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Sep 24, 2014

Dear User,

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused with this issue and we will be more than happy to assist you. Please contact us directly at [protected]@spokeo.com so we may assist you in this matter.

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Sep 30, 2014

Dear User,

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused with this issue and would certainly wish to assist you in this matter. Please contact us at [protected]@spokeo.com so we can follow up on your refund request.

Pa

Comments

• De
      Nov 12, 2010
    Spokeo.com - Reimbursment to my debit card
    113 Belmont ave
    Phone: 2017799749

i was under the impression that the fee was $2.95 a year. And did not specify that $35.00 would be deducted from my debit at one time. I would appreciate it if I can be reimburst for my funds. Yes I did cancel my subscription as soon as I checked my balance on my card, and found out that $35.00 was taken from my card.

• Ro
      Feb 07, 2011
    Spokeo.com - privacy information for sale
    Spokeo Inc.
    California

I found that this company was offering for sale on the internet not only personal information but also social security information to anyone wanting to pay a few bucks. This should not be allowed eventhough some personal information is public this goes way too far.

Apr 16, 2011
    Spokeo.com - they are not free but they advertise they are
    spokeo

spokeo says they are free, but they charge and don't mention when they take your money that you are limited to a certain number of searches and when you cancel even though you have 2 months paid for they want issue a refund and want you to upgrade so they can flim flam you out of more money and to be honest you could Google the people you look up and get better information.

• Sj
      Apr 22, 2011

Spokeo is obtrusive and untrustworthy, here's a great article i found on removing your self from spokeo. Pass this along to friends & family to keep them safe on the Internet. http://blog.hudsonhorizons.com/Article/Is-Spokeo-a-Scam-How-to-Delete-your-Personal-Info-from-Spokeocom.htm

Aug 11, 2011
    Spokeo.com - After I paid, I found out that there wasn't any additional information
    Spokeo.com
    spokeo.com

I used Spokeo for the free reverse email search. It stated that it had found it and I needed to pay to see the information. After I paid, I found out that there wasn't any additional information. When I asked for a refund, they gave a partial refund. What a rip off!

Nov 11, 2011
    Spokeo.com - The bottom line is that it isn't worth paying for
    Spokeo.com
    spokeo.com

What little information Spokeo does have is typically old and of no use. And yes, if you sign up for a three month period they do charge you for the full three months but they make it clear when signing up for those of you who are not illiterate.

The bottom line is that it isn't worth paying for.

• Co
      Aug 15, 2014

SPOKEO is a scam! I performed 2 searches on known names and email addresses and yet i did not recieve any results. I have contacted customer support THREE times!! I have not even so much as had one response. They state on this website that they have a "no refund policy" which is b.s. because on the FAQ page this is posted:

"Can I get a refund if I’m unsatisfied with Spokeo?
    We value the opportunity to resolve any form of dissatisfaction and encourage you to contact Customer Care to request a refund. "

Sooooo where's my refund???????????????