[Resolved] Spokeo / unauthorized billing
In order to find address information on someone I had lost contact with, I paid Spokeo $.95 for a trial membership. Upon discovering that their information was not up to date, I immediately canceled my "membership." I was then charged $19.95 8 days later for a one month membership. When I called to get a refund, they refused.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Spokeo Customer Care's Response, May 19, 2015
Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Jun 01, 2015
At Spokeo we do our best to ensure our customers are fully informed regarding our terms and conditions. Upon selecting the $0.95 option you are immediately entered into a 7 day free trial. If this trial is not disabled within 7 days, a $19.95 recurring subscription fee initiates. This is clearly stated on our payment page as well as the disclaimer which you must agree to before the purchase process can be completed. We are sorry for any misunderstanding,
More Spokeo Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Spokeo Online Service - deceptive advertising and ripoff 
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - billing nightmare 
- [Resolved] Spk Spokeo - unauthorized credit card charges 
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - they will not give you a refund when you discover their site is a scam 
- Spokeo.com - spokeo deception 
- Spokeo - unauthorized credit card charges
- [Resolved] Spokeo - spokeo
- Spokeo - .95 one time charge turned into $19.99 reoccurring charge?
- [Resolved] Spokeo - phone number look up 
- [Resolved] Spokeo - charging my account for years for service I did not ask for