[Resolved] Spokeo / scam

De Kalb Junction, United States Review updated:

Spokeo gives some more information than Instant Checkmate BUT still expect more money for more info. When I went to cancel the $1 trial, they claimed that they did not have such a trial but something called bizshark from their site did. They offered to cancel the bizshark but refused to cancel Spokeo until just before the time ends. Even then, I have to call them back again to cancel!!! Dont waste your money!

• Resolution statement

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Apr 15, 2014

Dear Spokeo User,
    I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Spokeo subscriptions can be cancelled at anytime, but I do believe you may have confused our service with Bizshark. In any case, we would be happy to assist you with any concerns. Please contact us directly at [protected]@spokeo.com.
    Sincerely,
    Spokeo

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, May 10, 2014

Dear User,
    I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. Bizshark is a company powered by Spokeo, which specializes in aggregating business-related information from public sources. You may have activated their services through their promotion on our website for 30-days free. If the free trial is not cancelled before the end of the trial, the subscription automatically renews. Please contact us directly at [protected]@spokeo.com and we will be happy to assist you further, .
    Sincerely,
    Spokeo

Ma
Apr 6, 2014

Comments

• Sw
      2nd of May, 2014

bizshark is your parent company! spokeo is fraudulent and have stopped them from monthly withdrawals, instead of the 1 3 month withdrawal of 14.95.

WARNING : DO NOT give them any cc information! scary! ...

• Un
      30th of Dec, 2014

So how do I contact BIZSHARK to cancel the service WITHIN 30 DAYS? If all my searching for Bizshark takes me to YOUR site to cancel?. CANCEL WITHIN THE 30 DAYS. AND I AM NOT PLEASED WITH THE $$$$ YOU HAVE THAT I SPENT UNDER THE DISGUISE OF CANCEL IN 30 DAYS...THIS SPOKEO IS CONFUSING TO USE WITH $$ HERE, $$ THERE SO I GUESS YOU WIN? EXCEPT WITH THESE KINDS OF REVIEWS FROM UNKNOWING PEOPLE