[Resolved] Spokeo / .95 one time charge turned into $19.99 reoccurring charge?

I used spokeo to confirm an address I wrote down incorrectly, a one time charge of .95 is what I paid for. I used it one time and upon reviewing my debit charges noticed a $19.99 reoccurring charge! I called and Asia was very nice on the phone but refused to credit me my $19.99. After reviewing this company I now know it's a scam... I will blow them up with negative review everywhere.

• Resolution statement

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Nov 05, 2018

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your comments on CompliantsBoard.com regarding Spokeo's services.

I understand your concerns, and I’m happy to clarify. When a Single Record Search with a Search Trial is selected, the single record is accessible indefinitely, and the 7-day trial grants access to name, phone, address, and social searches within the trial period. All Spokeo subscriptions automatically renew to prevent service interruption. I apologize for any inconvenience, or hardship this matter may have caused. You are more than welcome to contact our Customer Care team through our contact page, http://www.spokeo.com/contact where we are available by phone, email, and chat 7 days a week from 5AM to 8PM PST. Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any future questions or concerns regarding this matter.

- Spokeo Customer Care

• Updated by Jackt2552, Nov 05, 2018

Your company obviously does not understand or care if this is an issue for your customers. Keep my hard earned $20 and I’ll do as I said and trash you as a scam every chance I get. I’m sure it doesn’t matter as you are keeping this money and not refunding as a stand up company would do. By the way, I have called the “customer care team” and they could care less, almost as if they are trained and directed to inform the customers that you would rather deal with someone like me than refund the $20 back and perhaps have a repeat customer.

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Dec 12, 2018

Dear Gary,

I received your complaint to the Complaints Board website on December 9, 2018 regarding charges to your credit card, and I am happy to assist in resolving this matter.

Spokeo is a People Search Engine that can be used to conduct name, reverse email, reverse phone, or username searches. We specialize in aggregating and organizing large quantities of people-related information from a variety of public sources.

In regards to your renewing charges, t sounds like there was previously an active subscription on your account. Spokeo subscriptions are billed for the full term. When a trial or monthly subscription is selected, it will renew automatically so that you receive uninterrupted access for the entire term purchased.

I apologize for any inconvenience, or hardship this matter may have caused. You are more than welcome to contact our Customer Care team through our contact page, http://www.spokeo.com/contact where we are available by phone, email, and chat 7 days a week from 5AM to 8PM PST. Please feel free to contact us directly should you still have any questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Thanks!