Split Second Courier Inc. / Terrible company

I tried to contact this company's President/CEO with a polite email requesting payment but was ignored. This is why I'm filing this report. After working an entire day and a half delivering packages for this company, they refused to pay me for anything because I decided to resign as a driver. They made me sign a contract (small print of course) that basically forfeited any monies payable to me if I worked less than 5 days. Of course, I had no time to read all the fine print, and it WAS NOT explained to me by the hiring individual that this is indeed what would happen if I resigned in under a week.

Regardless, no company should have any employee/contractor sign away their right to be paid for work performed. ANYONE who works for ANY company should be compensated for their time regardless of how good of a lawyer they can hire to hide their true intentions in fine print. Not only did I work the aforementioned times, but I also paid out of my own pocket for gas for those 2 days.

I strongly caution anyone who may consider working for this company to seek employment elsewhere as they obviously don't give a S**T about their workers and as most individuals/company's out there, only care about themselves or their bottom line.

Va

Comments

• Bi
      24th of Apr, 2015

I worked for Split Second Courier for more than 6 years and never had any issue with being paid what I earned. I went through the contract in detail before I signed. Obviously this person signs contracts without going through them then complains about the very contract they signed! My earnings were approximately 600-800/week. Yes I worked hard (started at 8am and finished approximately 5-6pm) and spent a lot of money on fuel, that's the business! You obviously have a chip on your shoulder by the very fact of your other complaints. You seem to be the one taking advantage of companies due to your laziness. (Who tries to take something back to a store after 90 days then expects a refund?) May I suggest you READ ANY CONTRACT BEFORE YOU SIGN as it was plain as day when I was explained each part of the contract. When I finally left for a job in my profession, I gave my notice and was paid out in full. What kind of person works for a day and a half then quits and complains, obviously this is why you are unemployed. Get a life! By the way, how could you have worked for them if you live in the US? They are located in Canada.(unless you are a fake poster).