Splash Spot / Unauthorized charges

Splashspot is a site where you play games and are givenmoney, which is put into an account, which can only be used to buy their merchandise. I have placed orders and have not received any of the articles, but the money was removed from my account. I think this is a big rip off.

Li

Comments

• Br
      25th of Sep, 2009

I have been a member for years. The site is closed. I paid extra money for merchandise and never received it. I now believe they are in hiding and will never appear again because of the ripoffs.

• Tr
      6th of Oct, 2009

I had 353.27 in my account and now find the site is closed down. I contacted Splashspot numerous times and only got smoke blown up my a$$. I am very upset...especially since i did not write down their address and get names. Splashspot was nothing but a ripoff and I am embarrassed to have fallen for their b.s.!

• Rm
      8th of Oct, 2009

These people can be found!!! See below

Registrant:

Technical Contact:
    Creations, Razor info@razormedia.net

• Br
      17th of Nov, 2009

I won a dell laptop computer and an ipod mini so I'm not sure what happened to this site. I think I won it in 2005. I also won $50. it says they are upgrading.

20th of Nov, 2009

I think Splashspot was run like a Ponzi scheme. As long as people joined and paid to be goldmembers, they made money and could pay out. But when the economy went bad, people no longer were paying be be goldmembers. So they stopped making money.They did not have enough sponsors or advertising to keep them running without goldmember money.

• Su
      19th of Dec, 2009

I also have been a player, at SplashSpot for YEARS and am now very disappointed with their lack of care, concern & response to paying GoldMembers.

There was a lower cost charged, if a player paid IN ADVANCE for the year (which like an idiot, I did)...I also ordered merchandise, had the amount of SplashCash removed from my account for the item and never received it.

They did not even give us the courtesy of email response OR letting us know, via their site, that they were having problems.

• Mi
      9th of Jan, 2010

I won the 1, 000.00 drawing in December of 2008. I have yet to see it. They did pay out on small prizes and I renewed my membership yearly. I had to cancel my credit card to stop the payment from being deducted from my account. I was told that as long as I was a member in good standing for the next 90 days I would receive my 1, 000.00. Of course that wasn't an issue since I renewed my account yearly, but I never saw the money and their phones were disconnected and the website went away. It is not there, just a flashing message that says "We're upgrading" check back soon! That's been there for a few months now. Very sad that people want to rip you off and then say their coming back. I hope they will take care of their previous members, but I really am not holding my breath!

• Om
      17th of Jan, 2010

Hmmm. Never been wronged by splashspot. I have a coffee mug, I won mcdonalds certificates, a few other things, and always got them. Never won money. Even if I never won anything, I thought that the yearly charge was fair for being a gold member. I liked the games, and hope they recover :)

3rd of Feb, 2010

I also feel like I have been taken. as a gold member I never recieved some of the things I ordered.I wish they would get things straight and resume the site because I really did enjoy it. I do believe I am still being charged a monthly fee from my checking account since they said it was under a re-do at this time and was comming back. for a while they did great.I have been a member for a few years. they have our email address in their files, also our home adress. they could easily drop us a line to explain.you can run, but you can't hide. you can be traced down if you do people wrong.

• Su
      12th of May, 2010

I kept paying because I had over $170 in winnings in my account. I did get a coffee mug, Mcdonalds certificates, a blanket in the early days. Placed 2 orders and neither was able to be filled, money was put back on account. I also won a ham, never got it then told I didn't confirm it which I had since I'd been a longtime member I knew the routine. Signed on one day and they and my money were gone. Have no proof since the account vanished with the website.

• Ha
      20th of May, 2010

They took 24.95 out of my bank account for member fees...I called and they will not refund my money! I haven't used it in over 2 yrs. Not sure if they took it out last yr. I did not authorize this money to be taken out. How are they getting away with this!

20th of May, 2010

Splashspot has cheated a lot of people out of money the past few months. What is the chance they could be hit with a class action lawsuit? What they are doing now is fraud.

• Sh
      7th of Jun, 2010

I never had a single problem with SplashSpot, except for the fact that they went away. I won many items in the sweepstakes, the auctions, and got items with my splashcash. I had won DVD's, a ceramic heater, a foot spa, several gift cards, and got a printer/copier/scanner with my splashcash. All of the prizes were shipped from WalMart.com. I was very disappointed with the site in the last year or so that the prize items had almost disappeared. You no longer had the fabulous choices you once did ... they were mostly splashspot items. That, I did not like at all. But I still paid my gold dues because at the time there were some games I really liked that I had not found on any other site. But within the last year or couple of years, I did already send them an e-mail when they started a gold referral system that I told them looked similar to a Ponzi scheme and that I was informing them because I really liked the site and did not want to see them get into trouble for doing something like that so they needed to look into the law and rectify it if they were not in compliance. I guess that must have been when they were having problems and it only compounded them. I was really sorry to lose this great site (great as it had been years ago ... in the past).

• Jh
      8th of Jun, 2010

splash spot is closed because the company that was suppose to send things out did not do that, they did not know for 3 months that things where not being sent. They are know gone because of this and will not be able to fix this problem. I loved this site and had 6 good years with them before this all happened. Hope you all will understand.