Spirit Incentives/Vacation Dreams / Scam Cruise

1 Vieques, United States Review updated:

I was scammed by SDG USA/Belki’s Dream in 2005 and today I got a phone solicitation by the same people calling themselves SDG USA/Belki’s Dream- trying to sell me a cruise for two people for $298. They victimized me and my friend for $2000 in 2005. They must be stopped - they are still out there!

Ka

Comments

Ka
  30th of Nov, 2007

In this complaint - I meant to say their new name is Spirit Incentives/Vacation Dreams.

Ma
  17th of Dec, 2007

Spirit Incentives is in business with Silverleaf Resorts, a timeshare racket. If you listent the presentation, you are supposed to get a gift like a cruise or trip to Las Vegas through Spirit. You end up paying a $100 deposit ad sumitting you prefered dates of travel (already restricted to lousy dates but you don't know that until you send $) Then they take months to reject the first chosen date and require that you request the 2nd date or a refund. Then the after a couple months, they reject that date and so on until the last date (usually mid-winter or hurricane season for cruises) and send you notice to send money to pay taxes and then they will contact you with dates. I final looked it up and found they have 395 complaint at the Better Business Bureau of South East Florida and score a solid "F" on the BBB rating system: http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=11001478

Mi
  2nd of May, 2008

My husband and I were excited about our free cruise trip for two adults to bahamas or mexico, we were planning to go for our anniversary in August. But after reading all of the complaints it is confirmed what I always knew that this free cruise trip thing is too good to be true. Spirit incentives also gave us a gift card to go dine at a resturant which the representative at silverleaf stated that it was a $20 gift card. My husband and I checked the balance of this gift card and the true balance was $10. Which leds me to the conclusion if they will lie about the amount on a gift card which is a small thing they can also lie about a free trip. The trip isnt really free if you have to pay 179.00 per person for port and government fees and taxes. If the trip was really free everything should be taken care of there shouldn't be any deposits or port fees that anyone should have to pay for so they should stop saying these trips are free and stop lying and giving people the run around. After reading the back of the certificate in small print states that major holidays and June Through August sailings are limited but after reading all of the conplaints holiday and June through August sailings are really not available at all which means that maybe the only cruise dates available are around Hurricane Season/ Winter time who wants to go on a cruise at that time, that's carazy!! STAY AWAY! Don't believe their lie. I am glad that I found out about them before I wasted our hard earned money and gave it away to them. Thank God they didn't get a chance to SCAM me out of money. But I hate that they have Scam others. I hope they shut this company down.