Spirit Incentives / Bank Of America / Scam and cheating

I too was one of many victims with the Spirit Incentives travel deals. However, I blame Bank of America as much if not more for this scam. I made a purchase on their credit card with the promise of a 2 for 1 airfare as an incentive award. This worked out conveniently, as I am getting married in October and one airline ticket for our honeymoon would be one less expense we had to worry about. When I called to make arrangements as instructed in the Bank of America letter. I was told that the departure date I wanted wasn't available. After several calls, I made arrangements to stay one day longer, because that departure was available. And then I was told oh no, you have to spend $359 to be eligible and right now the flight is only costing $265. I am so angry that I have written Bank of America and "ccd" the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau. Something needs to be done to stop this group!!!

Comments

• Me
      24th of Dec, 2011

Bank of America Credit Card with Spirit Incentives Marriott free night scam... RIP OFF.
    I also received the same offer. I got the certificate from BOA, on the back, the "Terms of Participation" said: "For a complete list of participating properties visit (their website) and select the participation hotel tab". This tab was missing from their website. I called Spirit Incentives at 954-525-1777 and asked them how to get the list of participating properties, the customer service agent told me that they had removed that link from their website and that they would send me(US mail) a form for me to fill out and to register my certificate, pick my destination(Marriott in US, Mexico or Canada) and check in date, write it on that form and mail it back(US mail), "once we receive your request form we will send you a notification by e-mail". I told her the city, hotel and date of travel and ask her to tell me if that Marriott location was one of the participating properties, that if not, I would choose another destination, she told me "Yes it is, just write it on the form and mail it back to us", so I did. After 4 weeks and no e-amil confirmation, I called them back, the customer service agent told me that the hotel that I had selected was not a participating hotel and that the nearest participating hotel was in another city about 50 miles away. I told him that since he could not confirm my travel in the city that I was travel to on that particular day, that I would save the certificate for later and use it before the expiration day, the agent said "NO", that I had to travel on that date to that other city, and "to use it or loose it". Needless to say, I lost my certificate.
    According to Spirit Incentives Terms of Participation, they were suppoused to post the Marriott participating properties on their website, they failed to do that, how convinient, and then they lied when I asked them if the hotel that I wanted to select as a participating hotel.
    I called Bank of America for help and quickly find out that they are fully participants on the scam, well, what can you expect from the bank that tried to foreclouse on a house that the owner had paid full in cash and never had a mortgage on it.