Spirit Airlines / change in destination without notification

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased a roundtrip ticket on spriritair.com from SAT to ISP on 10 Jun 08 for travel 23 Aug. By accident I found out that Spirit is discontinuing service to Long Islip. I called customer service and asked for a refund of 738.00 and since I was cancelling it was my fault. I stated I was not the one who changed destination. The agent stated my credit card would be credited with the amount along with the voucher for checked baggage that I purchased. Checking my itinerary, spirit airlines has me going to LaGuardia. My family does not live in the city and it was not my choice to fly there. My choice was Islip and that is what I paid for and now I am being penalized because they changed the destination. After reading all of the complaints, I am afraid that I may have donated over 700 dollars to cause not of my choosing.

Comments

• Ne
      16th of Jul, 2008