Spirit Airlines / scam!
Spirit Airlines is a complete scam. They get you to fly with them under the best fare, but when you go to check in you have to pay $18 to get an assigned seat, and pay $40 to CARRY on your own bag, and $38 to check on your bag. But if you pay and sign up for their $9 Club Fare program those items are $2 less expensive but they don't really allow you to cancel that program. If you try to do it on their website, there is no one to contact. They then notify you that you have to "MAIL" via snail mail in you intent to get out of that program or you will be charged for another year. Who uses SNAIL MAIL anymore. Spirit Airlines is a complete scam. When you get on the plane they try to sell you their credit care (multiple times) and they even charge you for the water. It is a really scary business and a totally stupid airline to use. I will never again fly this airline and will tell everyone I know what a scam they are. Do not sign up for their program!
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines - check in policies 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorised charge of $69.95 and no way to contact customer service
- Spirit Airlines - told incorrect information costing me an additional $450
- Spirit Airlines - 2 return flights canceled and not covering our lost flight charges
- Spirit Airlines - customer service