Spirit Airlines / scam!

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Spirit Airlines is a complete scam. They get you to fly with them under the best fare, but when you go to check in you have to pay $18 to get an assigned seat, and pay $40 to CARRY on your own bag, and $38 to check on your bag. But if you pay and sign up for their $9 Club Fare program those items are $2 less expensive but they don't really allow you to cancel that program. If you try to do it on their website, there is no one to contact. They then notify you that you have to "MAIL" via snail mail in you intent to get out of that program or you will be charged for another year. Who uses SNAIL MAIL anymore. Spirit Airlines is a complete scam. When you get on the plane they try to sell you their credit care (multiple times) and they even charge you for the water. It is a really scary business and a totally stupid airline to use. I will never again fly this airline and will tell everyone I know what a scam they are. Do not sign up for their program!

Comments

• Pa
      29th of Jul, 2015

We agree 100% with what you wrote. I wish to add Spiirit Air employees are very rude too. The S;irit employees are THE WORST! They treat passengers horribly.

• Pa
      29th of Jul, 2015

To add to the problems with spirit being overpriced but falsely portraying to the public they are the cheaper airlines, the staff is obnoxious, rude & uncarng. The seats are uncomfortable and do not recline.

5th of Jun, 2017

I'm another one will never fly Spirit again. It is a complete scam. Cheap flight is a lie, even if you call them for an information they will charge you.

19th of Feb, 2019

I will never fly Spirit again. I thought the $9 program was just that - they charged my account $59.95 and said it
    was not refundable. To top it off the luggage costs were $55 carry-on and $50.00 checked bags. They also charge for seats - $25.00 - I thought when you bot a ticket that was for a seat - do they let you stand?

19th of Feb, 2019

Spirit Airlines scares me to be honest. The quest to cut corners can't just end with their tickets. What about plane maintenance, crew training, pilot pay.