Spirit Airlinesripped off

I did a first reservation with Spirit Airline, the computer tells me the reservation expired because I waited more than 10minutes. I did a new one, on the return flight I changed the time of return, it didn't make a difference to me the time, and finished the reservation. two minutes later I see my credit card is charged twice $645, I called to explain, after two hours with a customer service guy from india and his manager.. all they can tell me is "I'm sorry sr but our policy is that we can't cancel the reservation because the return time are not the same" I explained him that the time did not matter to me, the computer told me it expired... "I am sorry srrr but nothing I can do" Who would think for a second that a company like Spirit Air would Scam honest customers for $645 ? it's unreal. you have to experience it to believe it. If I needed one thing to screw up my trip, they did it!

Guys do yourself a favor and pay a few bock more and get yourself a ticket with a regular airline.

Comments

• Ha
      Aug 01, 2007
    Spirit Airlines - very poor service!

This is my first experience with Spirit Airlines . I have never flown Spirit, and with this experience, I will not by choice. Most airlines will give you one year to use a ticket if you miss your flight, just pay the fee plus the difference in price of the new ticket, but not Spirit. You have to call them within 24 hours of departure or else the ticket is invalid. The problem is you can't contact them by phone. I've been trying for three weeks to contact them by phone to cancel a ticket. All I get is a message saying... due to high call volume we are unable to take your call please try later. I tried calling Orbitz who booked the flight and they were no help. They said they would call Spirit, they got the same message. They told me to just keep trying to contact Spirit.
    Spirit 's web site is useless. It will not allow you to change any tickets or cancel any tickets on-line. I will keep trying but it looks like I'm going to lose the money I paid for the trip. They also charge up to a $100.00 to change a ticket. That's if you have any luck contacting a human being on the phone.
    I will keep you posted. My dad was right, sometimes the cheapest always ends up costing you more in the long run.

• El
      Aug 17, 2007
    Spirit Airlines - poor service, lost luggage!

My husband, two children and I took Spirit Airlines from Washington DC to the Cayman Islands, connecting through Ft. Lauderdale. Their customer service is appalling. We were not booked through our connection in Ft. Lauderdale and when we arrived there had to stand in a 2 hour line to continue on our flight. They only booked our luggage to Florida and lost one bag. We missed our connection and had to spend the night in Ft. Lauderdale. When we came to the airport the next day, waited 2 hours, they had canceled our reservation entirely! Fortunately the flight was not full and we were able to continue our trip. Because of hotel costs and having to buy our children clothes(their clothes were in the lost bag), we did not end up saving any money and we wasted an extraordinary amount of time.

• Mi
      Aug 23, 2007
    Spirit Airlines - Lost ticket do to death and not being able to contact sprirt because I could not reach an agent

I had 2 tickets form NYC to Detriot. My Father died on a Monday and we where to leave on Wednesday. So I call Spirit Airlines to change the date on Monday, Tuesday all day until finally I got through. When I told them my Dad had died and I had been trying to call them for the past 2 days and needed to change our tickets. They told me it was not possible and that was that!

Jan 09, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - broken camera!
    Spirit airlines
    Florida
    www.spiritair.com

Wow what an airline. On Jan 6, 2017 I sent my 13yr old son from Ft Lauderdale to his home in Las Vegas. He arrived at 11pm at night. He gets home and goes to bed. The next day he starts unpacking his bag and notices his things have been gone through. He doesn't think too much about it he is 13yrs old. The next day Monday he goes to get his brand new digital camera that he received for Christmas and the screen is cracked and it no longer functions. He brings this to his mothers attention who calls spirit airlines and remains on hold for 30 minutes she get frustrated and hangs up. She calls the next day and the same thing 40 minutes and hangs up. She calls me back in Lauderdale and tells me of the broken camera I tell her to get in touch with spirit air. 2 hrs later after being on hold for 50 minutes she got a representative which told her to go to the airport and get a claim form. They did not inform her of their 4 hr policy of notifying them about damaged items. She calls me and says she is not going to pursue it any further at which time I elect to drive to the Ft Lauderdale airport pay for parking stand in line at a busy ticket counter to then be told to go down to baggage claim to get the form. Upon arrival at baggage claim a not so happy non customer service oriented employee told me, I had to notify them within 4 hrs of the arrival. I informed her it was late at night and my 13yr old son did not check his bag until the next day at which time someone called and was on hold. She was not hearing it. Told me have a nice day so I was off determined to email spirit air when I got home and share my unhappy experience. Well guess what spirit air has no where on their website to email them. So I thought I would put some thoughts in a blog. It is not the camera it wasn't that expensive and I realize customs has to go through bags or someone did anyway. But what do you tell a 13 yr old who got a brand new camera for Christmas and wrapped it up in his suitcase to be protected and it gets ruined by someone else? So sorry there is no accountability in the world? I will not pursue this and I will not fly spirit air nor recommend them to anyone else. I hope their airline does well without my business.

• Ca
      Feb 04, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - rip off!
    Michigan

Save yourself the hassle and money and do not book your flights through spirit air. I booked my flights last october flying from detroit to ft. Lauderdale and I am still getting miscellaneous charges added to my credit card (And it's february). When I try to call spirit to inquire what these charges are for - I get either disconnected, a busy signal or transferred to several people then put on hold for 20+ minutes until I hang up because it's clear no one will be answering my call.

Their business practices are clearly intended to bilk innocent people out of their hard earned money. They don't care if you are upset, if they are ripping you off, or if you never travel with them again. They have your money and that's all that matters. Tell your friends, family and co-workers not to travel on spirit airlines... You will be ripped off too!

• Ye
      Apr 09, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - most horrible customer service in my life!!!
    spirit airlines
    2300 winterspark dr.
    Phone: [protected]

All I have to say about spirit airlines is that I don't care if they offer me a 1 dollar flight I will never everrrr fly with spirit ever again... The service we received from the minute my little sister and myself with my infant daughter stepped in front of the spirit airlines counter to the horrible way not only myself but a handful of other flyers were treated was just so overwhelmingly outrages. I mean I know the fares were low but with all the extra crap they put us through it came even to how much one would actually pay for a pricier airline and the thing that upsets me more is the employees and managers lack of proffesionalism. Really really dissapointed I mean all of spirits extra crap cost me extra money that I needed for my trip and now my daughters first birthday is not even gonna happen because I had to purchase additional tickets from us airways which by the way I recommend to everybody out there!!!, the total cost for myself and my sister was 558. And some cents which came right out of my pocket because spirit did not refund any of my money but they refunded the guy that was giving them a hard time some of his money he also purchased tickets with us airways so I just want to say that I am a very angry and dissatisfied customer I have no money to get back to atlanta and u guys at spirit airlines probably don't and wont care enough to try to help and please your paying customers and that is very wrong. But just know that everyone that was left stranded in florida from atlanta got together taht night exchanged information and keep in contact so if u don't offer any help or refunds at least we will know and see what we can all do.

• Je
      Apr 17, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - internet never working/poor customer service
    Florida

Spirit has this bright idea to charge $20.00 for each piece of luggage, but if you order online it is only $10.00 each piece. What a crock of bull. First of all, once you get on line and log all the information in and hit submit you wait for a minute and nine times out of ten they tell you that it is unavailable but print this and they will honor the $10.00 price. The problem with that is my fiance was in Detroit with no access to a computer so I tried to do it online at our home in Fort Lauderdale for three days before the flight. Every single time and I did it at least 25 times in three days it told me the same thing "The spirit bag service is unavable". No problem I figure I would call to straighten this little problem out. I call the 800 number at 8 am and the rep says the computers are down to try back later. I call an hour later and the phone is busy. I continue to call thru out the day and its still busy. What 800 number stays busy constantly from 10am till wee hours of the night. I finally get a representative after holding 22 minutes. She proceeds to tell me she cant help me but will connect me to a supervisor. I said thank you and continued to hold...hold for 2 hrs...Yes 2 hours. This is unacceptable. Please beware so this will not happen to you. I am getting a copy of my phone bill with time of this call and sending it to the president of the company and see what happens. Beware!

• He
      May 08, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - poor customer service/change of schedule
    Michigan

I booked a reservation on spiritair.com, and the reservation times changed significantly, because the company decided to cancel both of these flights and put me on new ones.

With these other flights, I would arrive at my destination 4 hours later, and return home 7 hours earlier! This cut out a whole day of activities my short, 4 day vacation.

The best the representative could do is have us fly in a day earlier, but they would not grant any type of voucher for this extra night at the hotel we had to pay, or for the inconvenience of the time changes. Since I had already paid for a hotel and rental car, I was not in a position to cancel the trip, but I will NEVER fly Spirit again. (Not to mention, it took an hour to get to talk to a supervisor, with multiple hang-ups after being on hold a long time.)

•   Jul 18, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - deceptive advertising
    spiritair.com

I have flown with spirit air for a few years now. Up until now, I have had minimal problems with them. I booked my flight this afternoon only to discover a 10.00 web convience fee. Though this is annoying since they encourage their customers to book online using discount prices that's not all. Then I proceed to purchase checked luggage. On the webpage they state a price of 10.00 per bag. When you select the bag to check, the price is 15.00. Furthermore, after you purchase your non-refundable tickets and your incorrectly priced baggage, you move on to reserve your seats. Come to find out, there is now a price to reserve a seat ranging from 5.00 to a whopping 15.00. I personally find that to be completely absurd, especially because there is no place on the web page that states a charge to reserve seats. I do not believe that I will be flying with them again after this. Cheers to Spirit Airlines for losing a loyal customer.

• Vi
      Jul 28, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - changed reservation
    www.spiritair.com

I booked two tickets on Spirit for 09/06/08, through 09/13/08, made them of 06/19/08, received email 07/28/08, reservation was changed to 09/07/08 through 09/14/08. I had already booked my inclusive resort based on airflight, paid $3, 000.00, for 09/06/08 through 09/13/08, resort times can not be changed, so i loose one day 09/06/08, and i have to get a hotel room for 09/13/08, spoke with spirit airlines and was told there was nothing they could do for me. Where do they get off just changing the dates and they refused to compensate me for any loss i will incur. Some one has to put a stop to these_#########_ who think they can just do anything they want. What about all the other people on that flight.

Aug 24, 2008

colonsmartcleasner
    Posted: 2017-08-24 by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    froud

Complaint Rating:
    I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... oozman.[protected]@live.com TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2017 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...

• Sh
      Aug 30, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - automatic flight insurance
    Club Spirit Promotions., Miramar Fl.

Being charged for unsolisited perks connected with Spirit Airline ticket purchases. Paid for luggage online and
    was not credited with purchase. Pain again at the airport. They had no record of purchase. Sent them proof and heard nothing.
    Now being billed 39.95 for Club spirit promotions automatic flight insurance, on my credit card. First time i was billed was with an 800 number which i no longer have, called and had it removed.

Sharon Wilson
    [protected]

• Bo
      Sep 02, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - bad customer services
    Boston
    Massachusetts

Taking a flight from Cancun to Boston with a layover in Ft Lauderdale, I arrived in Cancun International Airport and was returning a car rental. This took longer then I anticipated and got to the terminal 65 minutes before my flight. I could not find the Spirit counter and when I finally found it, a few ladies told me that I had just missed the spirit staff by a hair. I immediately rushed looking for the Spirit office. This small woman named Yarenia Landau came out of the office and I told her that I had just missed her, if she could please check me in. Mrs Landau immediately began screaming at me saying that I had missed the flight, and I would have to pay 90 dollars, but that maybe the next flight was sold out. I was also worried about missing my flight from ft Lauderdale to Boston, I couldn’t believe it, and she immediately began telling me bad news and screaming at me for being late. Not very good customer services, usually offering a solution is better.

I know that I was late but Miss Landau refused to make an exception and check me in. That is fine but she was being very rude and raising her voice. Then Miss Landau resorted to lying saying that her boss had told her not to check me in. When could he have told her that? Then I went in looking for her boss, he was another man sitting in his desk and also began screaming at me and blaming me for being late. I explained that I understood I was late but I needed them to give me a solution to my problem, and stop blaming me. The supervisor guy understood that blaming me was not solving my problem and he asked Miss Landau to take me to the counter and see if a next flight would be available for me. This woman did it but was not being nice about it. She was making faces and noises. 45 minutes till my flight took off, she could have still checked me in. considering I wasn’t even checking a bag, I only had a small carry on.

Instead she charged me 90 USD and was able to squeeze me in the next flight, which was in time to catch my connecting flight to Boston, this flight had plenty of seats so her telling me that it may be full was very scary, and she didn’t even know how many seats where available. I blame myself for being late but blame the staff for having bad customer services skills, and for lacking common sense. Also the way this woman spoke to me screaming about the 90dollars, saying the next flight was full, and giving me a lot of negative comments just really alarmed me.

• Al
      Sep 22, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - horrible service
    Miramar FL

I also had the same problem with an authorized charge that was made to my VISA for a Club Spirit Promotion. Lately, I have been extremely disappointed with the service that SPIRIT AIRLINES provides. When trying to contact a SPIRIT representative over the phone you will most likely wait a long time and when someone does answer they are from India and have to go through a whole script with you before they can answer your specific question. Besides from all of this, I found the majority of individuals who worked at the airport for Spirit to be slightly on the rude side with a big lack of customer service skills.

•   Oct 15, 2008
    Spirit Airlines - bad service
    Spirit Airlines

I purchased a round-trip ticket, Detroit to LaGuardia on 9/20/08, and LaGuardia to Detroit on 9/23/08. I missed the out-going flight (combination of my fault AND theirs). Their solution: pay an additional $353.00, and take a flight leaving 9 hours later. I said, " no, thanks", and left the ticket counter. I booked another flight on American Airlines ($110.00 less, departing sooner).

I arrived at LaGuardia on 9/23 to board my return flight on Spirit, and was told by the ticket agent that my return ticket was canceled when I didn't board the outgoing flight. He said, "If they know you're taking another airline, as a courtesy, they'll leave your return ticket open". (No one at the Detroit ticket counter asked, and no one told me my return ticket would be canceled.)

My only option was to purchase another ticket for $199.50.

Upon arriving at Detroit, I spoke with a manager at the ticket desk, and was told, unless the ticket holder asks within 24 hours to keep the return flight open, it's canceled.

Make sure you are aware of this company's policies IN DETAIL, before you buy a ticket on Spirit Airlines.(Or better still, fly another airline.)

• Ju
      Nov 24, 2008

hola; no se quien le pueda llegar este comentario estoy bien desilucionada con spirit air fue emocionante hacerme mienbro del club pero no e podido disfrutar las ofertas devido a que mi correo electronico canbio y no recuerdo mi contraseña a sido una pesadilla tratar de canviarlo pues la pagina que tienen para hacerlo no sirbe y las intruciones que me dieron para canviarlo no funcianan nada funciona en esa pajin que esta obsoleta creo que nos meresemos mejor servicio

• Mi
      Feb 10, 2009
    Spirit Airlines - dishonest marketing; isn't this stuff regulated?
    New York
    New York

A "Buy One, Get One Free" deal on Spirit Airlines' web site enticed me to buy a round-trip ticket to Fort Lauderdale from New York.

Another promotion popped up on the web site as I booked; I applied that discount, bringing the cost of my ticket down more.

Surprise! Spirit's informed me the "Buy One, Get One Free" deal no longer applies because of the second discount.

I can't find terms and conditions for the "Buy One, Get One Free" offer on the Spirit Airlines site. I can't get any of their India-based phone agents to explain; they barely speak English. Conveniently, Spirit never confirmed the promotion by e-mail when I booked.

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems like throwing promotions at a passenger while they're in the middle of the booking process -- then claiming that one promotion invalidates the other -- is a bait-and-switch.

Has anyone had any luck pursuing claims against Spirit Airlines? Does anyone know if the State of Florida has ever investigated the airline for shady marketing practices? I'd really appreciate responses. Thanks.

• Fl
      Feb 23, 2009

Spirit airline gave me the deal - you must have bad luck - I saw a cust. rep at fll airport ( Thomas Russo ) who explained that it can not be combined with other offers.

• Ap
      Jul 28, 2009

i am not pleased with there service i booked three airline fares on spirit for $759.07 they would not rescedule our flights or refund my payment back on my card i am not using them any more all they do is rip off your money we did not get to take our trip to kingston jamaica they are rude they hang up on you they suck do not fly spirit air

• Fr
      Aug 19, 2009

I, Titus McClary (J3bc2s)was scheduled to return on flight 852 on 29 July 2017, and the flight was cancelled. I had to re-rent a vehicle and spend an additional day in South Carolina, which involved additional expenses to me. I was able to leave the following day, or should I say night.

I am asking the Airlines Company to re-imburse me for my expenses.
    Thanks,
    Titus McClary

• Li
      Oct 07, 2009

Most discounts cannot be combined with other offers.

• Be
      Oct 16, 2009

I had to fly my daughter in for her Grandma's funeral Monday 10/12/09. SPIRIT AIRLINES quoted her $364 round trip, and offered her a $100.00 promotional discount. She verified the $100 discount several times. They billed me the entire $364. They scammed a young lady while she's grieving for her Grandma. The $100 discount they assured her of was for signing up for some stupid promotion, we she actually did, but still no discount. How much lower can you go than scamming someone who is trying ti get to a loved ones funeral. I complained to them, and this is their lame response:

"I have reviewed your situation thoroughly, and found our records to indicate that your reservation was in fact confirmed. Please note that in order to proceed a customer must verify that the terms and conditions of the purchase have been thoroughly reviewed and agreed upon with one of our Reservation Agents.

Spirit Airlines has made certain that by reviewing these terms of purchase, the potential passenger would be made aware of any extra fees that could be associated with their travel. We are a growing airline and we are doing our best to train our employees to provide superior customer service. We apologize if the service did not meet your expectations"

• Sp
      Jan 01, 2010
    Spirit Airlines - flight attendant
    Spirit Air

I was on flight 347 from NY La guardia to Myrtle Beach on De 30th 2017 at 6:29pm. Upon boarding I was asked to surrender my carry on by JULIE the flight attendant as she was sure there was no more room for carry on's. I would like to know how she made this determination when she did not even check to see if any compartments where available. I know this because I took 5 steps into the plane and found an abundance of bins with open spaces so I refused to comply which triggered a remark from our helpful flight attendant "If you don't find a space I am taking that bag". I did not have a knap sack and a carry on nor did I have any other bag and a carry on just my entitled carry on which is included in my ticket price. My carry on was well within Spirit Air specs and guess what, the last four to board had a carry on and found a place to store it. How could this be when 15 minutes ago all bins were full? So JULIE was either incompetent or just did not care! Great Customer Service! Good luck on your next flight I hope you don't get an attendant who is in her 40's about 5'4" with Auburn hair it could be JULIE!

• Fu
      Apr 13, 2010
    Spirit Airlines - all around service
    Spirit Airlines

In December of 2017 my girlfriend and I decided to send her to Florida to visit her mother for her birthday in February 2017. We decided that we would join Spirit's 9 dollar club and try to save some money. We called Spirit and signed up at the same time we booked the flight from Boston to Miami. A few minutes later we got an email from Spirit with the details of the flight.
    Admittedly it is our fault for not looking at the email considering we had booked it over the phone and they had read the information of the flight off to us so we felt everything should be ok.
    A week before the flight my girlfriend opened the email to make sure she had the link to remote check in. When she opened the email the first thing she saw was that the flight was not booked from Boston to Miami but reversed. Apparently the person that had put the information in scheduled us to leave Miami and fly to Boston and then back to Miami.
    Figuring this was a simple issue we checked the flights going to Miami and saw that there were still plenty of seats available. We called customer service and immediate spoke with someone in India who said his name was John. He said that he could do nothing for us and that if we wanted to change the tickets we would have to pay $115. I was bothered by this and asked to speak to a manager. "John" proceeded to tell us that his manager would not be able to do anything either and that he would tell us the exact same thing. I spoke with John for a moment longer trying to tell him that this issue was something that the customer service had caused in the first place and that they should correct it.
    John then transferred me to his manager who called himself "Jack". Jack said that it was not a problem that he could fix but he could get the transfer price down to $100. I told him that I shouldn't have to pay anything considering the problem was cause by a Spirit Rep in the first place. "Jack" said there was nothing further he could do then. He also said that he had no information of me ever speaking to a customer service rep and that the website had no problems that day so there was nothing he could do.
    I called back about 20 minutes later hoping to get this resolved. Again I was immediately connected with India and I had the person answer transfer me to another supervisor this time I spoke with "Eric John"... (I honestly feel offended when these companies first have the balls to transfer me to India to save money, but on top of it tell their customer service department to give an English/American name to the caller... it is offensive).
    . I spoke with Eric for a few minutes again going over the issue. This time Eric told me that the price was $115 and he could not do any better. I mentioned that the previous manager Jack had said that he would be able to do it for $100 and that I am willing to pay something because of the change, but I still believe that the issue wasn’t caused by us. Eric said that it was company policy to charge $115 to make changes to the ticket and that he could not do anything more. When I asked if he could get me in touch with Jack again he told me “There are more than 6 floor managers working here, and I do not know who you are referring to” and that there was nothing more that he could do for me.
    So I ended up paying for the correction just so she could go visit her mother.

I would like to say that the story ends here but it does not...

I sent an email to Heather Harvey the Manager of Customer Relations at Spirit
    It was forwarded on to someone else who sent me an email of apology and said that they would like to gather all of the information from both myself and to pull the tapes from the conversations that I had. I gave my consent to do so. They said it would take up to 72 hours (3 days) to gather all the info, review it and then contact me back.
    I gave them a week and I did not hear back. So I responded to the email again and asked if there was an update, they said they were sorry but it was taking longer to find all of the information. So I gave them 2 more weeks, still no response, I wrote again and again I got a response of "our research is taking longer than we would like, we will contact you shortly". This was the last response I got for 3 months.
    Finally I sent one last email asking for them to reply.

They sent a reply with only 1 line in the email "Customer fault booked in reverse" nothing else.

After this I have vowed that I will NEVER fly with Spirit Airlines again. I will gladly pay more money to any other airline than to ever let them have one more penny from me. This company does not care about their customers. They will never admit their fault when they cause a problem and they will do everything they can to avoid talking with their customers in person. What they did to my family is technically robbery. They messed up my flight schedule and then they demanded that I pay them more to fix their problem, this is straight out theft.

• Yu
      May 18, 2010

My name is Yulanda Hodge from Las Vegas, Nevada . I purchased several plan tickets for 3 kids, 3adults. One of the adults which is my father could'nt take the trip due too health reason that was brought upon him so I contact the airlines to see if could change the name of one the flyers .they asked me what was my artinery # so I gave it to them, thats when he informed that my ticket is nonrefundable or transferable so I asked to talk to a supervisor which they did'nt want me to talk to.so when they finally let me speak with someone it seemed like it was the same person that I was talking to at first .so began telling carl the supervisor my problem he seemed to not have a care in the world as he was telling me about my ticket, I told carl that I was'nt aware of the nontransferable policy because I did'nt reserve my tickets someone else did .the answer was still I can't help you only thing they wanted to do is to give me a credit of 122.00 which I even asked him could I use that towards the new person reservation.the answer again was no .no, no I thought beeing in a customer service business that the answer is never no IT should have been, Ms hodge let me see what we can do to help you in this situation, not theres nothing Ican do .I would like someone to let me know is why I have to just give money away, and you all do what you want with other people money .

• Yu
      May 18, 2010

this company I would never fly again they have bad customer service.

• 58
      Oct 26, 2010

no one cares

• Be
      Dec 20, 2011
    Spirit Airlines - dissapointed
    Spirit Airlines

We had to book flights at the very last minute due to a death in the family that was out of state. I understand that it is hard to get flights last minute and I understand that the airlines overcharge for tickets to begin with. What I don't understand is how we could get charged 650 a ticket for the flights. Have a horrible 13 hour layover going there and then another 13 hour layover coming home. The plane was so cramped and we were all stuffed in like sausages. It was the absolute worst flight I have ever flown. Then when I get home, I checked the prices and the exact same trip I just took was now 180 a person. I find that the airline simply takes advantage of people when they have no other choice. We had to get to the funeral. I can show proof of anything you need.

I tried to contact Spirit about this and was told they make no concession for bereavement at all. I again asked and then I also asked to speak to a supervisor. I was again quoted policy and told that the buck stops with them. their decision is final in that department and there was no one else I could speak to.

I would simply like to talk to someone in the Executive offices, to see if there is any kind of bereavement refund I could received. I am not expecting that much, just a little compassion in my families time of sorry and need.

• We
      Feb 15, 2012

[protected] - I am very disappointed with all of your services. in Jan. 2017 I ordered and paid for two tickets direct flight from Detroit to Las Vegas. On [protected] my husband and I got to the gate with 12 other couples at 5:43 a.m. and the gate door was shut and no one around. No attendants. We were all standing there looking for someone to help us, no one there. Then we went to flight services for spirit airlines. Asked what happened we were there and the plane left already. Attendant stated flight left already it was full. So they said that the people who where on stand by took our seats and then the plane left. That is so wrong. Why even make reservations then. My husband had a business meeting at 9:00 a.m. in Vegas. They could not get us any other flight to get there on time. Yes I got my money back but you run a terrible business. Usually we take delta and I thought we would give Spirit a try, Never again. And the way we where treated by attendant's was terrible. I will tell everyone I know not to ever use you due to your seats will probably go to someone else. Terrible service.

• Th
      Feb 23, 2012

I want to introduce myself and explain why I am sending you this message. My name is Chad Bruce I am a Protection Agent with The Travel Defender. I help people who have had issues with travel vendors get their issue resolved and put in to the lap of the right person, generally this would be the President/CEO of the travel vendor or the Guest Services Manager. Please feel free to visit our website at www.thetraveldefender.com or call us 24 hours a day for free at 1-855-4-HELP-70. I look forward to helping you get this issue resolved.

• Ai
      Jul 25, 2012
    Spirit Airlines - unauthorized fight date changes
    Spirit Airlines

In May, I booked a round trip for two travelers to Jamaica from LAX for July 19-23, 2017, leaving on a Thursday night red-eye via Ft Lauderdale. Two weeks later there was an e-mail that my booked flight time was changed - yes, I looked closely and carefully at the TIMES of the flights and entered them in my calendar.

I got the reminder email, sent to me on Wednesday the 18th, saying
    "Thank you for choosing Spirit Airlines.  Here are some helpful hints as you prepare for your flight tomorrow.
    Check-in Online up to 24 hours before your flight to save time at the airport... "

Checking in online late Wednesday night did not work - the warning said that for international travel, passport info was needed. I had checked flight status of the outbound flight on Thursday AM and the plane was showing as leaving on time. I tried checking in at the kiosk at the airport at 2:15pm on Thursday for the 9:38pm flight and was told by the person at the desk that the reason the check in at the kiosk did not work was it was too early. Then when we tried again at 7pm and it still did not work, we got directed to the desk agent again who said, "This reservation was for yesterday."  Apparently, Spirit Airlines had changed the DATES of our travel reservations.

Although the Spirit agent at the desk told me I could still use the return portion of the reservation, and I even got another email telling me I could check in online for the return flight, when I tried to check in for the return, that flight no longer showed as being connected to my confirmation code. Getting on the phone with customer service from Jamaica required the generosity of the desk at the hotel letting me use their phone, only to find out that when we were a "no-show" for the outbound flight, that the return flight reservation was automatically canceled, and not refundable.

I had purchased travel insurance at the time of the original booking. When I contacted the travel insurance, they said that the change of the reservation to a different date by the airlines, not for reasons of weather, was not covered. But the agent told me that if the airline changed the reservation to dates we could not use, there should be a refund by the airlines.

I have sent a letter both by USPS and by email asking for a full refund. I do not have high hopes, but I will update this if they come through.

• Pi
      Feb 28, 2013
    Spirit Airlines - rip off
    SPIRIT AIRLINES

I booked a flight through orbitz.com, when i tried to cancel i had to go directly through spirit.com. As i called they said that there is a cancelation fee of $115. 00 plus some extra fees, mind you my flight was only $197. 80. . I got a credit of $38. 80 for a future flight because they wont even return it back to your credit card. They over charge for your luggage $30 eachway, they charge for your seat selection and if your purse is big they charge that as a carry on which is $70. I will never in my life fly with such crooks. I dont see how a company like this is still in business. And they have poor service for customer service.
    Sincerely, pissed off client

• Ho
      Jul 26, 2013
    Spirit Airlines - credit card program
    Myrtle Beach
    South Carolina

I am writing you to express my displeasure with your Credit Card and “Free Spirit” Mileage Program. On a flight from Chicago to Myrtle Beach the Stewardess began hawking the Credit Card (we already belonged to your $9 Fare Club). Our thinking it would be helpful if we could use it to purchase tickets to fly our daughter and grandchild down for Chicago for a visit. Before we could ask, someone else on the flight asked the same question. The stewardess response was “with this card you can buy a ticket for anyone flying anywhere. With that information we filled out and submitted the application.
    A month ago we went online to check on a flight for my wife when we found out that what was told us (above) was not indeed the case, but I personally had to be on any flight that we purchased with the card! I called your Customer Service, which is another story, the level of difficulty in this process makes one think you really don’t want any direct contact with the flying public! The response to our question was the same as the Web Site in that I had to be on the flight. One day I was complaining about this problem at work when the secretary said she experienced exactly the same issue, and that she was told the same thing on her flight!
    I would be appreciated if you could review of this issue and make it right for us and all the people that have applied for your card under false information.

• Ly
      Sep 03, 2013
    Spirit Airlines - baggage charges, refreshment charges, treatment, waiting time for baggage transportation

My husband and I are disabled we were traveling with 1 wheel chair, walker and cane plus hand carrier baggages to board Spirit airlines. I can not believe the time we had to wait after check in for 1 hr. an attendant to come help us to the gate for boarding. There was no place to sit at the ticket lobby for my husband who is disable to sit down.We were already shocked to know how much we had to pay for check in baggage and carry on. It was not informed to us how much it cost. It's ourtageous the prices Spirit Airlines is charging comparing to other airlines. After the flight was also delayed which we had to wait another hour, the attendant called for passengers to board, not calling children and disabled first, We then had to wait another hour on line to board the plane. On the plane we had to pay for coffee and soda another fee. My daughter who was traveling with us is a nurse had to treat us and watch over us when my blood pressure went high. We will never use this airline for traveling. I have already made it publc to all my relatives and friends on what terrible treatment and how much we had to pay.