Spirit Airlines / I will never fly with spirit again

1 FL, United States Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern,

I would like to let it be known about my first trip with Spirit Airlines. I am a very dissatisfied customer and never been treated so rudely and as if I’m incapable of following rules well. On my trip to Ft Lauderdale, FL I wanted to save some money so I decided to fly with Spirit Airlines. I purchased my ticket through CheapAir.com which I have used before but this time was not aware baggage was not included. I did my research to find out after paying $232.00 for a roundtrip ticket that it would be an additional fee for baggage. That was a little disturbing due to it was not brought to my attention and I had the impression baggage fees was included. Needless to say I end up paying $70.00 for my luggage to ride round trip which is ridiculous. That’s not all; I was on time for my flight that was departing to Ft Lauderdale. I received my boarding pass and went to check my bag and then I get to security. The security checked everything and just because I had skin lotion in my bag that was a ounce bigger than the 3 ounces that they allow I had to make a choice to throw it away or put it in my luggage. I was not going to throw anything away my hard money paid for; I decided to put it in my luggage. That means I had to get out the security line I waited in for 30-45min to go to the customer service line to call for my luggage that took another 10-15min for them to bring back up. Once I received my luggage I had to start all over again which was making me later and later. I reached customer service representative finally to check my luggage again that I waited in line another 15-20min for and to find out my plane left. Then the customer service advised me due to me missing my flight I would have to pay an additional $70.00 to reschedule my flight. At that point I was livid but still remained calm and paid the fee of $70 just to enjoy my trip to Ft Lauderdale, FL. I do say I enjoyed my trip and then I had to return back to Dallas, TX! My flight was supposed to leave out on a Saturday morning and do I remind you I was on time again at least 2hrs ahead of schedule.
I received my boarding pass and check my bag, the customer service representative advised me due to my luggage being 51lbs I had to pay an additional $25 to another customer service representative in a whole different line. Which mean I was waiting again all together a little over an hour which I was still calm and charged it on my card so I can get home and to never use this company again. In the process guess what????? I miss my flight again and the representative told me that she can reschedule me due to I was already there when the plane was departing and there will be no additional fee. Now that really top the cake, so you mean to tell me I came out of pocket $70 to reschedule my first flight when I was already at the freaking airport. The customer service rescheduled and I went ahead and checked my bag so I don’t have to deal with any more lines when I returned. I returned that night to catch my flight and this time I made sure I was 4hrs early. I sat by my gate the whole time and the boarding time came up and when I looked at the screen the destination was changed. I ask an attendant what was going and these are her exact words “Dallas was boarded at another gate and I announced it on the intercom and if you was listening you would have known that!” I walked away to go speak with a supervisor which I had to wait another 45-60min to get assistance. I tried to explain my situation and at this point I am livid and entirely fed up. I ask when is the next flight and am I able to leave ASAP due to my bag was already in Dallas. The supervisor told me that was nothing she can do, the soonest available flight was on Monday ….due I remind you this is Saturday and I have “NO” clothes. I advised her that was not acceptable and I will need to be accommodated for my needs she said “She cannot offer me anything but to reschedule for Monday; she will not refund me and will not provide a hotel room. I have a choice to take the flight Monday or nothing at all!” That’s when I snapped, she was very rude and I thought you suppose to do your best to satisfy your customers. I myself am a Supervisor and I would at least advise the customer to allow me to see what I can do to assist you and not there is anything I can do. I was unable to bring to her attention on the rude attendant because after that she walked away. There was an attendant that was standing there and I wish I would have taken her name down cause she tried her best to assist me and put me on standby for Sunday morning and submitted a request for my refund I had ask the stupervisor for. I have never flown with any other airlines and received this horrible service before and I will make it my purpose to bring this to everyone that I know attention. They will never get my money again and I will make sure I let everyone know mainly after seeing 15-20 customers pissed off at the airlines for whatever reason.

Thanks for listening,
They will never get my money again

Comments

• Sp
      10th of Aug, 2013

SPIRIT FLIGHTS ARE CONSTANTLY SOLD OUT. PEOPLE CONTINUE TO COMPLAIN BUT CONTINUS TO FLY DUE TO THEIR LOW PRICE

12th of Apr, 2015

How is any of this spirits fault?if you read spirits rules and tsa rules none of this would have ever happened to you.everything about how much luggage weight and charges is there along with how many oz of liquids or gels you can bring.If you were so worried about throwing away a small bit of lotion that would cause you to miss your flight one would think when your spending alot of $on a flight that you would read the terms and conditions .The bottle of lotion cost you more in the end.in no way is this spirits fault