Spirit Airlines / bogus bait & switch practices!

I have been watching Spirit Air for months since they bilked me out of $900...they always run ads like the ones today that say they have cheap fares, and then you search for that fare and NONE are available...never, ever, not even once.

Additionally BEWARE of their buy one get one free ads. The vouchers are virtually unusable. There are all sorts of restrictions and rules that don't make sense with their ads that it just isn't worth the hours and hours it takes to try to resolve.

Where can I get someone legally to look into their bogus ads as a class action lawsuit? They are bilking thousands of dollars from people with their bait and switch ads, and FYI they will not make good on any vouchers and their supervisors do not understand ENGLISH.

Today their website says AGAIN, that you can fly to Ft. Lauderdale for $8, and yet they don't have a single flight that MONTH for less than $49. TO TOP IT OFF, they add hundreds of dollars in taxes and fees and the flight that is advertised at $49 will really be at least $99 EACH way once it is paid.

Please call me because I have a lot of research on their bogus BAIT & SWITCH ads.

Fort Lauderdale To: Fares From Dates Available
Orlando $8* Each Way 3/20, 3/21, 3/23, 3/27

Va

Comments

• Ar
      21st of Feb, 2007

Thank you for your post. I've been watching those ads myself and even forwarded them to a few family members I thought might take advantage of the great rates. I knew they were too good to be true. I'm glad I didn't bother to follow up on them. I understand that they are just trying to run a profitable business. But, you make a good point. It seems that their ads are essentially false advertising. I would rather have the fare say "$39" each way and be accurate than have a preposterous "$8" fare that has no connection to the final paid price. I hope Spirit and other airlines are taking note of your comments. Thanks!

• Ri
      4th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Spirit Airlines additional/hidden charges

Watch out for Spirit Airlines additional charges and bait & switch tactics. I am out an additional $120.00 because I did not see the fine print!!! I guess you can't offer $8 tickets without making it up by ripping people off...

• Pa
      11th of Sep, 2007

I have flown Spirit many times by using the advertised fares. What you have to realize is that there are a limited amount of seats at that price so it is first come first served. I just booked a flight to Cancun from Ft. Lauderdale for $-1. Thats right they gave me a dollar to fly there. I booked it early in the morning after having received an e mail. Yes, the taxes are high just like all other airlines. And since the gesta... er the dept of homeland security must get involved the taxes are even higher. Just remember the saying "for a limited time". I don't see too many complaints about Southwest and they do the same thing. But they treat you like cattle.

• Ce
      11th of Sep, 2007

I was placed on a flight to Lima, Peru, without the Airline first telling me that I was supposed to have a Visa to Peru. I was held hostage by the Peruvian customs, held for 24 hours, then placed on a flight back to the US. Service was terrible, treatment was worse. I really am seriously going forth with the lawsuit, after contacting the right attorney. Who should I contact?

• Ju
      18th of Sep, 2007

No one should fly this airline and I now believe Travel Zoo is in cahoots with Spirit as they keep advertising these bogus fares. Please address Travel Zoo and tell them to stop. What follows is my complaintThis is a bit lengthy but I will try to condense. On JUne 28, 2007 I booked a trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau for Dec. 20, 2007 that was was record locator KTWVQV on flight NK 409, the return was to be from Providencales back to Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 2 2008. That is record locator KTWVTK flight # NK160. This was done by phone with Spriit Air and was for two people.

On Aug. n7 ,2007 I receive an email from Spirit Air that says " you have been reallocated to flight # NK 160 on Jan. 5,2008.

When I call to complain Spirit Air is quite nasty and says that there is nothing to be done, they will not refund the money as they have put us on the next available flight. The reason being that they decided to cancel all flights to and from Provenciales except for Saturday.
    I explain that this is completely unacceptable, I need to be back and if I could stay who would pay for the extra days? Spirit Air says they have no policy for that. I then demand to be put on the AA flight that leaves on the 2nd. Spirit Air says they have no policy for that.

After much discussion and getting no where, I find the costumer service number for Spirit Air in a complaint blog ( no where on their web site is this number)
    After a 1 hour phone wait I chat with consumer affairs who agree that I can cancel the Jan 5th flight and get my money back only for that leg of the flight. But I cannot cancel the entire ticket.
    That was August 7th. To this date Sept. 18th the refund of 680.23 has not appeared on my credit card.

Now on 9/18/07 I find when I call the customer service Spirit Air number they refer you to the web site and then hang up on you.
    I want my refund, as would you. But my bigger question is " Is this company on their last legs"? Will I get to fly at all?
    I am glad to vent on this site even if nothing is accomplished.

Judy Brzoska

Spirit Airlines, Inc.
    2800 Executive Way.
    Miramar, FL 33025

Dear Ben:
    I will be sending a few local media outlets the EXACT wording that I printed and copied off your web site – which LIES to people purchasing the World MasterCard at the time of booking tickets.

I am also contacting an attorney because I have spent more than 2 hours dealing with this – it’s not the $40 --- It’s the principle! My husband said I looked like I was going to stroke out I was so angry.. he had not seen me like that before --- married 17 years!

I don’t care if it’s $5 or $20,000, you have lied and I am very very angry that your company took advantage of me “on line”. I don't need the 40 dollars as much as the courtesy of not being taken advantage of and being lied to!!!

(Six years of college including the MBA... but got ripped off by your web site because is lied)
    1. The credit card called FREE Spirit is NOT free
    2. The 40 off if you are approved and get their credit card is given to you in the form of a VOUCHER 8 to 10 weeks AFTER you pay for the air ticket in full! Like I ant to buy another ticket from them to save the 40 dollars?

Details of Miscommunication by Spirit:
    You are proud and tout being an “American company located in Florida” and yet I have spent 3 weeks trying to get an “American” who speaks English as their first language on the telephone with me. All my calls sadly ended up in Manila, Philippines.

I find it absolutely amazing, you’re headquartered in Miramar – in my state, but when I call to deal with the misrepresentation of your web site language, I end up having the following experience:

•Six calls awaiting an answer for more than 25 minutes – gave up.
    •Seventh call - An “operator” located in Manila - the Philippines, who is unable to have a basic conversation in English without their pre-written script; which he ead repeatedly during the conversation.
    •He repeatedly talked about a VOUCHER I would get for my next purchase. Your site says Apply Today and receive $40 off your purchase once approved.

During this conversation I finally asked your representative if he realized he had said the same thing to me – exactly the same way – 7 times in a row. There was a long pause and then he said he did not understand! I talked with the supervisor after being on hold approximately 12 minutes. Again, talking about a voucher on my next purchase. “VOUCHER”. A voucher does me no good after I have just finished purchasing 4 tickets for two separate trips.

It’s simple. You capture people for a credit card by telling them $40 will be removed from their purchase when they are approved.

I was approved for a $15,000 line of revolving credit; however, when I got my bill, the $40 was NOT removed. And the Free card charged me $39 dollar membership…..How can you conduct business so underhandedly?

Here is the COPY of your web site language as you can see, you can use the Free (it’s not free) Spirit MasterCard and this is what it said to me. This truly leads me to believe I get $40 off my purchase once approved – I was approved and I did NOT receive $40 off the purchase – why not?

I feel very strongly that you owe me $40. I am paying it because I do not want to have interest.

Congratulations! You have been preaproved for the Free Spirit MasterCard Apply Today and receive $40 off your purchase once approved.

I can’t wait to hear how I could have possibly misunderstood your site - there was not fine print….and if there was, I missed it – which brings up another interesting point.

Looking forward to a response Mr. Pres...

7th of Jan, 2008

Spirit is awful. I can never get through to anybody and then when I do, they all pretend they do not understand me. Once I asked to talk to the supervisor, I had to hold for 50 minutes and when she came on, she would not give me her name, as she said it is not allowed and then when unable to help me in any way, she advised I would write their corporate office. I am just so aggrevated with the company. If.. IF I re deem my voucher, I will NEVER EVER use your services.

9th of Jan, 2008

Wow what an airline. On Jan 6, 2008 I sent my 13yr old son from Ft Lauderdale to his home in Las Vegas. He arrived at 11pm at night. He gets home and goes to bed. The next day he starts unpacking his bag and notices his things have been gone through. He doesn't think too much about it he is 13yrs old. The next day Monday he goes to get his brand new digital camera that he recieved for Christmas and the screen is cracked and it no longer functions. He brings this to his mothers attention who calls spirit airlines and remains on hold for 30 minutes she get frustrated and hangs up. She calls the next day and the same thing 40 minutes and hangs up. She calls me back in Lauderdale and tells me of the broken camera I tell her to get in touch with spirit air. 2 hrs later after being on hold for 50 minutes she got a represenative which told her to go to the airport and get a claim form. They did not inform her of their 4 hr policy of notifying them about damaged items. She calls me and says she is not going to persue it any further at which time I elect to drive to the Ft Lauderdale airport pay for parking stand in line at a busy ticket counter to then be told to go down to baggage claim to get the form. Upon arrival at baggage claim a not so happy non customer service oriented employee told me, I had to notify them within 4 hrs of the arrival. I informed her it was late at night and my 13yr old son did not check his bag until the next day at which time someone called and was on hold. She was not hearing it. Told me have a nice day so I was off determined to email spirit air when I got home and share my unhappy experience. Well guess what spirit air has no where on their website to email them. So I thought I would put some thoughts in a blog. It is not the camera it wasn't that expensive and I realize customs has to go through bags or someone did anyway. But what do you tell a 13 yr old who got a brand new camera for Christmas and wrapped it up in his suitcase to be protected and it gets ruined by someone else? So sorry there is no accountability in the world? I will not persue this and I will not fly spirit air nor recommend them to anyone else. I hope their airline does well without my business.

• Gv
      16th of Jan, 2008

Wow! I wish I had Googled 'Spirit Airlines Scam' prior to booking my flight. My business partner and I were both looking at a flight that departed Ft. Lauderdale in the morning, and arrived at LAX the same morning on Spirit Airlines. We both made sure the flight was an AM flight, because I have a departing international flight out of LAX the very same evening. Again, BOTH of us were looking at the same computer screen and BOTH of us agree that the flight was an AM flight. After booking and confirming the flight, just by chance I was scrutinizing the confirmation I printed out, and behold - the AM had been changed to PM (all other facts - flight number, numerical times, etc. were the same). Contacting a human being at Spirit took over 30 minutes, at which point I was told (by a woman who sounded like a Chinese national) I should have reviewed the confirmation more carefully, and it would cost another $70 to change flights - as if I would ever consider giving Spirit Air another dime (I booked another flight on American Airlines). I wasn't too worried, because I also purchased the AIG flight insurance - however this turned out to be a worthless scam as well. We are going to try and exercise our rights under the VISA system through our bank and have the charge refunded, but I'm not going to hold my breath for the outcome. I will be warning every person I can about this airline and their unethical, if not illegal practices. If anyone is filing or knows of a class action suit against this airline, count me in!

24th of Jan, 2008

I bought a ticket there last year because of their 8 dollar flights.. when i finished buying it realized i had like 100 in taxes... it was ridiculous. And as for customer service, if you "can" find a number to call.. the only "one" is for reservations. No where on thier website can you actually find some way of contacting them. Everytime you click complaint or contact all that happens is that you get the same link , frequently asked questions. How does that help at all!! I cant talk about their service on the flight because of an emergency I wasnt able to fly, but I contact and agent because my "credit" on the airline is about to expire and I would love to use it so that i dont loose the money but a family emergency is not allowing me to fly this year and I tried to see if there is some kind of compasion from the company but all they said after 3 calls of 30 mins being on hold and racking up the bills is... sorry we cant do anything. Can't or won't! I didnt say I wouldnt use thier airline, honestly, I dont even care i have to pay the difference or the fees... i just dont want to use 2 tickets...

• Mi
      29th of Jan, 2008

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE TRAVELING TO NJ AND I WENT ONLINE TO PRE-PURCHASE BAGS AND ENTERED MY LAST NAME AND RECORD LOCATOR SEVERAL TIMES AND EVERYTIME IT SAID INVALID AFTER CAREFULLY CHECKING MYSELF AND HAVING MY HUSBAND CHECK I WAS ENTERNG INFO CORRECT TRIED SEVERAL MORE TIMES AND GOT SAME ANSWER!! I THEN CALLED CUTOMER SERVICE AND I WAS ON HOLD FOR 56 MINUTES AND 40 SECONDS YES THATS RIGHT YOU READ THAT RIGHT 56 MIN AND 40 SECONDS. NOW I KNOW THEY MAY BE BUSY BUT COME ON TO WAIT ON HOLD THAT LONG WITHOUT ANYONE EVER PICKING UP IS ABSURD!! TO TOP IT ALL OFF I TRY BACK FOR THE ONLINE THING AND IT SAYS ORRY TIHIS SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE RIGHT NOW AND TO PRINT PAGE TO TAKE AND SHOW TO THE AGENTS AT AIRPORT! TO TOP IT ALL OFF THE FARES ARE OK NOT THAT CHEAP AND NOW WE HAVE TO PAY FOR OUR LUGGAGE TO BE CHECKED AND WE DONT EVEN GET FREE WATER!! CRAZY WHATS NE XT? I CAN ONLY IMAGINE BUT SPRIRIT REALLY NEEDS TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND LOOK WHAT THEY ARE BECOMING AND THE CUTOMER SERVICE IS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Co
      4th of Apr, 2008

PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE CALL ME SO I CAN ASSIGN SEATS FOR THE 14 PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY. YOUR PHONE LINES ARE ALWAYS BUSY AND WHEN SOMEONE DOES ANS., THEY SAY YOU HAVE THE WRONG EXTENSION.IHAVE BENN ON EVERY EXTENSION.. NO LUCK FOR OVER A MONTH AND 4 PEOPLE TRYINF ALL DAY LONG FOR A MONTH .. OVER AN HOUR ON HOLD EACH AND EVERY TIME MY #IS 732-370-2988. THANK YOU

• Mr
      21st of May, 2008

I agree with all of you, what are we going to do about this airline? My poor parents had to pay $20.00 PER BAG, WHEN I TRIED TO PAY FOR THE BAGS ONLINE TO RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT THE SYSTEM GAVE ME AN ERROR, YES THEY ARE EXTREMELY ABUSIVE AND THEY TAKE FOREVER TO ANSWER THE PHONES AND NO ONE CAN GIVE YOU A CLEAR ANSWER, WE MUST ALL GET TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS AIRLINE WHO IS JILTING US. PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED.

• Br
      3rd of Jun, 2008

I got the Spirit card because they promised 10, 000 free miles, which I never received. At the time they were the cheapest airline for Central America and the Dominican - not any longer. So, I kept the card as a back-up, only to find that someone has recently used the card for over $3K in charges. Imagine my surprise when I got a call today from Barclay's Bank security. It was used at a "Discovery Door", I googled them and found they're a commenrial contractor in CA - I live in FL!! I too joined the $9 fare club, what a joke. As already noted, flights are never available for the quoted prices. Spirit won't even be flying much longer with fuel prices what they are.

• Dk
      4th of Dec, 2008

Guess I have been pretty lucky with cheap $8 and $9 fares.Going to NJ this month for $9. BUT now all of a sudden they charge and additional $12 per seat...plus all the taxes. Wow ! What next?

• Au
      13th of Aug, 2009

check them out they have an "F" on the BBB of FLORIDA...they need to be reported everywhere! After you go to the website type in SPIRIT AIR then scroll down you will see them there and they big "F"

Let me tell you how inconsiderate this people are and how nasty they can be. I purchase (for the first and LAST time) 8 tickets for my family to Panama from Washington DC there and back with Spirit Air. Going to Panama we had a lay over of 4 plus hours at the airport in Fort Lauderdale. On the way back when we should have had plenty of time to change planes we did not. They had us schedule connecting flights whiting ONE HOUR. The plane got to Panama late, it left Panama late, so it arrived Fort Lauderdale LATE. We now have less then an hours to get off the plane, go through costumes, get our luggage then get the re-checked. Which by the way they are so disorganized that they have everyone in the same line to get check in. National, internationals, re-check, etc. SO the line was huge about 2 hours wait. People were missing their flights from left to right even thou they were there whiting 2 hours for national flight and some even more then 2 about 3 hours before and STILL MISSED their flights. Either way we get to the RE-BOOKING line which they had four light up but only ONE person working! Then, it took me over 2 hours to get to her. Out of 119 people from that flight at least 45 people missed their connection flight. Now how you tell me that all the planes were back up? It was they did not give any one enough time to connect with their flights! Then they expect us to pay for it? Mean time telling her please I am checking online on my lap top and I can see there are 12 seats available can you book us please because we are 8! She ignored us the whole time. From 12 went down to 10 then after that I just did not check anymore I was afraid to. Sure enough I get to the counter they could not offer me the needed seats for my family to get home. Not only that my husband was limited because he had to report back to POST BEFORE mid-night. But my SON was schedule for his fourth KIDNEY surgery the next day on that Monday. I had the papers to prove it. He had to have the stint removed after the mayor surgery done one and half month before and needed to come out that day! If not and left there too long could cause an infection not only that but he would have to wait another at least 2 months to get him in to do so at the CHKD. I explain all of this to the lady she did NOT care! I had another child who needed medical attention right away she was very sick and was in the hospital in Panama and needed to be seen by a doctor as soon as we could get to post. Also another child had Pneumonia we came to find out when we got back he was sick as well. You know what the lady said? She said to me to leave four of my children behind until the next day! SO the others could make it home. Now what mother tells another mother to leave her children behind and knowing they needed their medication and they have gotten sick on the trip!? Especially with this people that would not offer any help what so ever? My children other then getting sick on the trip they are very healthy kids and are always helping other children and doing a lot of community services to help out many in need. The sad thing is as much as they do and have done and when it came the time to show some compassion to my kids for the first time they needed that compassion no one would offer it to them. I was so close to punching her in the face! DO you know that then she told us to go buy more ticket somewhere else which we ended up doing to get my whole family home it ended costing us an extra 800.00 to get four of our group in another airline home. Now they are only trying to refund us 105.00 that is an insult! That would not even take care of the taxes paid to fly with this nasty airline!
    Their employee are sooo rude one woman even told one of the passengers to “shut up” can you imagine that? I have flown in different airlines since I was 6 years old. I have been in many different countries and have experience a lot of things but this does it…this takes the trophy. I have “never” been in an airline like this one. This is a shame I do not get how they are still in business.
    NOW PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!
    If you go to BBB of FLORIDA and put a complaint that is the only way they will answer you…if you call them they can only offer to take your money not to fix any problems you may have! Those coupons they offer they are not even right. If you log in and try to buy with the coupon and then with out…is almost if not the same exact price! When you call them they can not help! You have to write an email through the website on the help site and then…NO ONE responds to you! I found a website where one person was kind enough to post their actual number here in the U.S> and I called the costumer services representative to her OWN extension…never called me back! I wrote emails no answer ever! I did the BBB then is when they responded.
    GO TO FLORIDA BBB and you will find SPIRTIR AIR has an “F” “F” that should let you know NOT TO FLY with them! They are cheap and so is their quality of care and everything that comes with them. The seats are tight my kids are 6 foot tall teenagers football players college football player one of them and could not fit…ONLY airline they can not fit in! AWFUL and get this….this people are so CHEAP you know where their calls are directed to?>????? INDIA YES it goes to INDIA because they pay much cheaper to have them take our calls then some one in the U.S. SO we have people here needing jobs and they offer it to INDIA! Half the time you can even understand what they are saying! I also reported them to THGE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION OF WASHINGTON, DC. You should to and the BBB of Washington or wherever they mess you up at! Report them to the DISTRICT ATTORNEY OF YOUR AREA or where ever they messed you up at. LET PEOPLE BE AWARE that they are not good…They keep you at the counter on purpose so you miss your flight! Then they can offer it to some one else! THEY OVER BOOK flights then they mess around with your ticket at the counter on purpose so you miss your flight then ask others to give up their seats so they can sell it or give it to others! IF THEY OFFER YOU A FREE FLIGHT to give up your seat don’t do it…because you will have to pay taxes and who knows what else when they see it was “FREE” to you will never make it to your actual depart time! One lady next to me gave up her seat she had to stay OVERNIGHT in the airport even thought they PROMISED her the very next flight to go to JAMAICA! The point is….they are cheap and awful…they told me because of the economy they do NOT take into consideration any medical conditions….wow….and wanted my 18 year old to watch over a 6 year old and an 10, and a 12 year old…over night? HOW IS THAT? NO way! then I came home did some re search and ONLY parents or guardian legal can fly with a minor under the age of 12 and under….and an 18 year can fly with a 13 year old and older ONLY if you have a letter NOTIREZED by parents…how were my children going to fly and get home when she NEVER indicated those were the rules> I am glad I did not leave them…I would never leave my children behind!
    DO NOT FLY WITH THEM and REPORT THEM….DO NOT LET OTHERS HAV E TO GO THROUGH WHAT you, me, and many more have gone through please! PUT A DISPUTE on your credit card and let them know they are a SCAM!

It is a big deal when you see desperate people around you trying to get home because they trusted their lives and their schedules to a company...then they mess up and they want to make you pay for it? Absolutely NOT...any other company know they made a mistake any other company does not schedule you one hour or an hour and half for another plane to catch when you are coming into the country. It has always been more then 2 hours sometimes even 3 hours and then not they do let you know. Then the people in the plane talk about passengers as if they were in elementary school...like nothing...I mean come on it is suppose to be "professionals" taking care of us. We PAY for a service not to hear or see or be treaded like if we owe them something. If I wanted that kind of treatment I can get that at any time for free.

• Da
      7th of Dec, 2009

You are right this company is a fraud! They scammed me out of 80k frequent flyer miles. They decide to change their policy to a 6 month expiration first of all then when you want to redeem the miles good luck. You have to email the request then about 2 weeks later guess their answer? Not available that's it no offer of alternative dates etc. Then you have to send another email and wait 2 more weeks for another response of guess what "not available". I could have been getting miles with other cards rather than theirs all these years and the other airlines actually allow you to redeem the miles!

21st of Dec, 2010

My elderly father just booked a flight @ spirit airline. On the confirmation page a charge for insurance that he does not want was included. I called the phone # and was told there was a "don't want" box earlier in the site. If he didn't check it - he bought it. This was a tremendously underhanded way to make a sale!!! It may be legal but it is unethical !!!

To Fix this I sent an email to the address on the site -- spirit@mailnj.custhelp.com and got "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently" !!! are you kidding !
    I found another email and got this back ...
    ... Please contact the Travel Guard insurance co. at 1866 877 3191 and they'll be able to assist you. Regretfully, we're two different entities and also bear in mind that you have the choice of not selecting the insurance while in the booking path". ... bla bla bla valued customer
    Seriously --- They are 2 different entities engaged in a business relationship that is benefiting both of them ! take responsibility
    Spirit chose to put this insurance agency on their site with the default being a purchase that studies show most people would NOT make if offered openly !!!
    that is a legal loop hole way of steeling and cheating !!!
    while there is a choice -- it is intentionally made obscure -- individuals not used to the internet, like many elderly, can be taken advantage of ---- this is obviously the design
    Spirit - and anyone that defends this - should be ashamed !!

• Ni
      7th of Jan, 2011

Unauthorized Cancelled Reservation.
    I tried to book w/ Travelocity a flight for me and my wife to Las Vegas for the posted price of $159 RT on Spirit Airlines. Travelocity's web page doesn't seem to take the reservation when all required fields, including payment infos were filled in. So, I called them and spoke with the customer service person and he told me that Spirit Air had changed that price to $179 ! Oh well, since I am speaking to live person now, we might as well just take that price and process everything. He put me on hold to process the reservations, In a few minutes, he was able to give a confirmation code with the rest of the info to be emailed to me. I checked my email and there it was. We're all set.
    A day later, the transaction is on my debit/credit card account.
    Called my timeshare to set us up for our few nights stay. Called Ticketmaster for a Cirque du Soliel show. Two tickets were a little bit high but this is CduS.
    And so, more than a couple of weeks later, me and my wife headed to the airport for a short, hard-earned vacation. Only that when we presented our IDs and confirmation code, the desk person could not find our names in the manifest. He kept looking in their system for a possible mix-up. None. Then, he said that he can see our reservations as cancelled. A cancellation charge is showing in their system. We never cancelled or even received any email or call that our reservations had been cancelled. He said that it it showing that a travel agency had cancelled it. Was it TRavelocity? No, he's not sure because it was only written on their system as "travel agency" . Right there I called Travelocity. They denied that they never cancelled my reservations. We waited to clear things up. The front desk guy called a supervisor on his walkie-talkie. We waited another hour for this supervisor who could not accomodate us in any way because the plane had already been fully booked. The next available flight would a week later. He has no explanation on why, and who the travel agency was. He offered to just refund our tickets.
    And so, we are just going in circles here with no sight of resolution to my problem. At this point, I just aggreed with the full refund and I asked for receipts/printouts of the transaction right there.
    We were so embarassed and dissapointed with this Spirit airlines.
    when we got home I called my timeshare company and told them of what had happen. They cannot return my points to my bank. They are lost. Then I called Ticketmaster, and they obliged to refund the tickets but they will retain their service fees.
    It was very frustrating and I could not believe it happened. I called both parties again the next day. Travelocity maintained they never cancelled. Spirit Air could still not determined the travel agency who cancelled.
    Yesterday, the full refund was posted on my card account. And 2 days ago, the money for the show tickets were returned.
    But I'm still not so at peace of what Spirit Air has done to our hard-earned vacation plan. Ruined it.

Anybody who has read my experience with this airline, any idea what I or we should do to this calloused monster, please feel free to reply. Even by just broadcasting these unfair practices will probably help other passengers not to fall on their dirty tricks.

Nic of Chicago

• Re
      27th of Nov, 2015

On 11/23/2014 my bank statement indicated an authorized charge by Spirit Airlines. When I called Spirit they agreed it was not legitimate and suggested that I notify my bank.