Spirit Airlines / cancelled flight waiting month and a half for refund
Booked 4 tickets from LAX to Detroit for August 3, 2007. Arrived at airport 2 hours before flight to find out flight was canceled. Waited about an hour and was given 2 options... wait 3 days for next flight or get full refund. We opted for refund for this leg of the flight and keep return flight so we wouldn't have to pay so much for no advance notice. We were forced to book on Southwest (what a way better experience) at almost the same amount of money for a one way flight as we paid for R/T, but felt we had no choice. It's now been a month and a half and we are still waiting for refund. Right after our trip we were able to wait on hold for a few hours to get someone in Florida at corporate. Now you are unable to call and are forced to call the reservation number. They tell you they can't answer these questions that its accounting. Someone should retrain them because they now have an added job title. Is there really an accounting dept??? I wish someone would look into suing them. They are making tons of money on just holding on to other peoples money. Every day that they hold onto it is huge! The US should stop outsourcing all of our jobs (Don't people realize that's when "identity theft" became such a problem).
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charges
- Spirit Airlines - air trip and customer service
- Spirit Airlines - flights
- Spirit Airlines - emergency cancellation
- Spirit Rescheduled But Was Cancelled - being told my flight was leaving at 1am when lga closes at midnight.