SpinTop Media, Inc. / Scam charges

1 896 Cambie Street Suite 302Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

On 5/31/08 I purchased a game from SpinTop Games called Mystery P.I.-The Vegas Heist for their price of $19.99. They sent me an email receipt with this amount stipulated as the total I was to be charged. I was charged $20.59, an overcharge of 60 cents. It is not the loss of the 60 cents that upsets me, it is the fact that if this company overcharges thousands of unsuspecting customers by this amount or any overcharge, this company will make a great deal of money very unethically, in my opinion.

They do not let the customer know they are in Canada. They do not post a telephone number or a fax number. This practice is extremely unethical and I just want others to be very wary before ordering from this company or their subsidiary PopCap Games.

We should not be overcharged!!! Not by any amount whatsoever!!! And they should absolutely post a valid telephone number where one could reach them with problems.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      5th of Aug, 2008

hello
    i just downloadeda majon game for $1995
    I gave them my credit card number and the game didnt come through
    please help me

rose braga

• Ve
      2nd of Oct, 2008

on 9-9-08 i also bought a game with my credit card. and now i cannot play the game because it now want a key or code number was not given how do i get my money back or play the game .

• Ge
      4th of Oct, 2008

I am trying to find out what a $17.98 charge toi my credit card was for. I am pretty sure that it was a game but I can't remember which one. How do I find out?

Can yo0u help me?

Gene Lanham

16th of Oct, 2008

This afternoon I bought a game thru Spin top and i need some advice from your company and I can reach you.Neither to address of customer support.The game is Amazing Adventure is not compatible with vista. Im a very loyal customer and I will appreciate if you bring me the alternative that your company offers/ Thanks and waiting for response

• Ka
      5th of Feb, 2009

I brought 2 games back in
    December 2008. Skip-Bo and Mystery P.I.and I paid $31.98. They took the money right out of my account. still have not received my games or a email receipt.They downloaded Skip-Bo but it has stop working. I don't know how to get in touch with you. So please help me. i need a phone number or something. I has been over a month. I would like my games.

• Th
      18th of Apr, 2009

Hi there,

For assistance with any games purchased from or developed by SpinTop Game, please contact them at support@spintop-games.com.

Sincerely,

Theresa

• Mi
      21st of Apr, 2009

I purchased 3 games from Spin Top; Mystery PI New York Fortune, Monopoly and Monopoly Here and Now. I paid with credit card for all three games, I got a confirming email with a download code if I need to reinstall the game (s) and I also got backup cds for these games. I was charged $19.95 plus approx $7 for the backup cds which is what I was told I would be charged. I live in Canada and I have never had any problems. I think that you should email customer service with your specific complaints because they got back to me within a day about a download code that I needed because I misplaced the cd. Thank you.

• Ka
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I bought a game from a different place, but wanted the CD. I was supposed to be charged $7. for it. I was charged for both the game and cd. I just want a refund on the game. I did e -mail them 2 days ago and still no reply. I did however find a phone # 604-629-8916. No money returned. I just want my $20.00 back.

• Th
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Hi there,

If you have purchased the game from another site than SpinTop Games, you are not able to purchase the disc from us as it will not come with your game. Please e-mail customer support at support@spintop-games.com and provide the full name of the person and the e-mail address this order was placed under so we are able to issue a refund for your order.

Sincerely,

Theresa

• Mi
      5th of May, 2009

I purchased Scrabble on April 29, 2009 and Spin Top sent me a receipt by e-mail with the Activation Code and instructions how to download the game. When I received the CD after a week, I just couldn't download Scrabble. It keeps on asking me for a Security Key. I e-mailed their support site at least 4 times, unfortunately haven't heard any response from them. Spin Top don't have any contact telephone number that you could call to express your problems. And also, they duplicated my order. They charged $17.98 for one order and the other order for $7.99.

The public must be alerted what Spin Top has been trying to mislead people who are purchasing their games.

• Do
      25th of May, 2009

my activation codes will not work, my e-mail will not go through, i cannot play 47.00 worth of games. i have been ripped off.

• Al
      1st of Jun, 2009

I BOUGHT SLING SUPREME. I DOWN LOADED IT & AFTER 2 OR 3 GAMES IT SHUTS OFF.
    THE ORDER # IS ST-160314? IS THE CD AT FAULT OR DO I KEEP SLINGGO IN WHILE PLAYING?

ALICE LEE @ LEEALLYOOP@AOL.COM

• Al
      1st of Jun, 2009

I BOUGHT SLINGO SUPREME. I INSTALLED IT & AFTER 2 OR 3 TIMES OF PLAYING IT SHUTS OFF!

WAS I SUPPOSE TO LEAVE CD IN WHILE PLAYING??

• Ce
      10th of Jun, 2009

I am very disappointed with SPINTOP customer services.
    I have been charged 4 times for the same game (which means three times overcharged) I have sent emails to the one provided in the web site and also to a hotmail address that I found in a another site that gathers complains against SPINTOP.
    I have been a very loyal customer and never having issues with the games but it is unacceptable their lack of assistance.
    Theresa keeps on saying that we can send emails to the support email address but NONE has reply to my emails.
    I want you to credit MY money to my account ASAP.
    if this is how they behave towards clients I dont think I should buy anything from your company.
    Such a pain!

• Br
      29th of Sep, 2009

I PURCHASED A GAME FROM SPIN TOP AND IT WAS DELEATED, MY MISTAKE. NOW THEY WON'T LET ME GET IT BACK, THEY KNOW I GOT IT FROM THEM aTER I TELL THEM, IT SAIDS TO FILL THE INFORMATION OUT, THEN I GO TO ENTER IT AND THE BUTTON I AM SUPPOSE TO PRESS TO ENTER IT WILL NOT GO TRROUGH. I WOULD LOVE TO GET HELP WITH THIS!!! GOODMAN2008@COMCAST.NET THANKS BRIAN GOODMAN

• Ju
      15th of Oct, 2009

They are definately a rip off company. I downloaded a game called world travelor. It was free for one hour. I went ahead and purchased it for $7.99 and they haven't sent me the activation codes. They certainly have my money though. I don't know what I can do, seeing as though they are a Canadian company. I have purchased many games over the years from Big Fish, and I have never had any problems. I think I will stick with them. Spin top you suck. I plan on getting the word out any way I can.

Oh, and Theresa, I have emailed spintop over ten times. Still no activation codes. NO excuse for this kind of NON-service. If they can take your money, they should provide the merchandise.

Julie

• Dd
      21st of Oct, 2009

I ordered a game today, Oct. 21, 09 and got Mystery PI Los Angeles. It works fine. Then, I also ordered 1912 Titanic Mystery to get the 20% discount. The Titanic game downloads fine. However, it "locks-up" when you get through the first segment and assemble a message saying "There is a bomb aboard" I cannot get it to progress beyond this point, even after trying about 6 times. I have tried contacting your support address and get nowhere. What can you do to help? I have the activation code printed out.

Dwight

• Pl
      18th of Dec, 2009

I bought a game for my Father in another state and he has to this day never been able to get the game i paid for!!! I have written them many times and not a single returned email from Spintop!!!

Worn any one you know who plays games to stay away from them they are big rip offs!!!

• He
      7th of Jun, 2010

I have an Apple I MAC OSX Snow Lepard 27 " I Can't find any Spin Top games that will load on it . I would like to have Escape Whisper Valley. I will give you my EMail hebjtw@hughes.net Please help me . My Phone Number is 1-479-925-2052 I would be more then happy to buy the disk and down load it my self.

• He