Spiegel / Newport News / spiegel is a dishonest company. shame on you!

New York, NY, United States Review updated:

Spiegel.com used to be a reputable online company. I am appalled that they are still allowed to conduct a so-called legitimate business and con people out of their money with online and catalogue purchases.

Take the time to read all the negative reviews on this company because they are all true from disappointed and dissatisfied customers. The following is what I am having to deal with.

I placed an order on April 5th, 2012 for a leather jacket paid the unreasonable shipping charges. I never received an email confirmation or tracking number for my paid purchase.

I called the company on 3 different occasions to check on the status of this order and got 3 different answers. It feels like total disorganization and lack of competent management and that this company is a totally trying to rip people off and a big hot mess.

1st call on 4/7/2012-Spoke to a lady rep. She said my order is still processing. No ### sherlock-I can read that online in my order status. She proceeds to tell me that it takes 5-7 business days for an order to be processed and shipped from their "warehouse" Also told me that there will not be a tracking number for packages under 1 pound. Say what? I paid 8.95 for shipping and I won't be provide with a way to see when I will get my package? That was a red flag for me. I started looking up other reviews and found a bunch of pretty recent complaints about other customers being charged and never getting their purchase or a refund.

Call #2-happened on 4/9/2012 to confirm the above info. I spoke to a "Towanda" she proceeds to tell me that my order was CANCELLED due to the product being out of stock. I asked her why wasn't I sent an email confirmation of any kind? Its been a week since I placed my order. Her reply was that their emailing system was being worked on because only certain customers were getting "these" cancellation emails about their orders. I asked her WHEN did the cancellation of my order come in? 4/8/2012 she said. Sunday I thought to myself? Now I am concerned remembering how I read that Spiegel will STILL take charge the purchase amount from my credit card and I will NEVER see a refund.

I place another call (#3) right after I hung up and spoke to another lady "Shaniqua" who sounded very much like the 1st lady but gave a different name. She told me that my order was NOT CANCELLED and still in processing. WTF? really? She also said she just sent me an email saying that my order has not been cancelled and is still processing. I never got that email. These customer service liars always sound pleasant, apologetic and empathic. Reassuring you that your paid item will arrive by end of the week so they can get you off the phone.

Now this whole thing sounds super SHADY. SPIEGEL is no longer a respectable company that conducts questionable business practices in my book.

I hung up feeling so confused and angry that this company can try to cheat people out of their money and get away with it because they train their unethical customer service people to lie and make up any type of excuses to prolong the transaction process so the consumer will wait and hope they they will get their orders and then miss the 25-30 days that they have to even try to get a refund from their financial institution.

I have to wait another week until I can file an investigation with my bank to stop payment or try to get a refund.

CUSTOMERS BEWARE! DO NOT PURCHASE from SPIEGEL.

Comments

• Ju
      9th of Apr, 2012

Perhaps tasha4 should get a life and keep your nonsense to yourself. It's bad enough we have to deal with incompetent customer service idiots while trying to get out money back.
    Don't need your unhelpful and classless comments.

9th of Apr, 2012

Perhaps tasha4 should get a life and keep your snarky and unhelpful comments to yourself. It's bad enough that we have fight to get a refund while dealing with customer service idiots. Do us all a favor and educate yourself.

10th of Apr, 2012

My post is for those who are going through similar situations with this company. You obviously cannot relate and have nothing better to do then to troll around on this forum making 514 unhelpful, unwanted comments on everyone's story who has had a bad experience with a certain company. Go get a life you ###!

• Gi
      10th of Apr, 2012

Tasha may be trolling but for you to call her a ### and idiot is immature. Grow up.

10th of Apr, 2012

[censored] you GirlHairdo, no one asked for your opinion. I see you are another troll. Well [censored] off.

• Ou
      10th of Apr, 2012

Tasha has nothing better to do than troll, but why are you being so nasty to GirlHairdo.

10th of Apr, 2012

Because I have every right to be angry. Now seriously all you ###s quit posting on my review unless you choose to agree with me. You are all a bunch of idiots who work for Spiegel. Hope you like ripping people off. I hope you all get AIDS and die.

• Qu
      10th of Apr, 2012

You have no right to talk to people like that Jules. You will not get anyone to agree with you. But for you to behave this way is disrespectful.

10th of Apr, 2012

I can talk to anyone I want how I want. It is a free country. Besides the rest of you are all ganging up on me and verbally harassing me. You do realize that gang bullying is illegal right.

10th of Apr, 2012

If you can talk to anyone how you want than they can share their opinions just like you can share yours. The only difference is they are doing it in a more mature way and you are doing it in a childish way.

10th of Apr, 2012

You think I am immature, but for all of you to harass and bully that is immature. I expected you to show sympathy to me instead all you gang rapists gang up on me. One of these days you rapists will all be in prison and you will know what it feels like to be raped.

• Ia

Just chill Jules

10th of Apr, 2012

I don't have to chill. I am very angry. If you read the review you all realize that I am very upset. Then again who am I kidding. It is obvious that you are all ###s and idiots and do not know how to read.

• Be
      10th of Apr, 2012

You state that you paid "unreasonable" shipping charges. What do you feel is unreasonable? And if you felt it was out of line, why continue with the purchase?

• Sh
      10th of Apr, 2012

I think I will be bashed as well for posting this, but seriously no one is ganging up or harassing you. IT is you who is harassing others.

10th of Apr, 2012

What [censored]ing business it that I continued the purchase. I don't have to give you that information bellamie because it is none of your damn business. Also if you know how to read you would realize that it is the shipping charges I found unreasonable. Learn how to read before replying to my review.

• Be
      10th of Apr, 2012

Jules, perhaps you should heed your own "advice" and learn to read - I did state in my comment were complaining about shipping charges.

Once again, if you found those rates to be unreasonable, as you state, then you could have made the decision not to order it in the first place.

The name calling Jules, is uncalled for. Perhaps if you treated people in the manner in which you would like to be treated yourself, you may find more people would be willing to work with you with your problems.

Calling people names and being rude does not help your case.

10th of Apr, 2012

idiot you asked me what was an unreasonable shipping price, meaning you did not read the whole letter you liar. You are a ### and liar, you have all the qualifications to work at Spiegel. Why not apply.

10th of Apr, 2012

You know what people are trying to help you, you could be nicer you know.

10th of Apr, 2012

I don't have to be nice if I dont want to be. Also you guys are worse, I mean just by reading your replies it is obvious that you are all pedophiles.

• Da
      10th of Apr, 2012

After reading your replies JulesNYC it is obvious you have issues.

10th of Apr, 2012

Yes I do have issues. I have every right to call you ###s names because I don't like your ###ed opinions. I was attacked first. I have every right to buy things from where I want. The reason I have issues here is a bunch of employees of Spiegel who are defending their company and insulting me. I have issues because no one is agreeing with me and you are all gang raping me.

10th of Apr, 2012

Exactly how are we gang raping you? Also do you even know what a pedophile is? Is this review for real or are you just some bored preteen posting things for attention and posting words like pedophile and gang rape because you think it is cool to use "bad language" online.

10th of Apr, 2012

Well you are all ganging up on me, that is good as gang rape maybe even worse.. Also I do now what a pedophile is and all you fit the category of a pedophile perfectly.

• Ge
      10th of Apr, 2012

Do you have proof that these posters are pedophiles or are you just rambling on like an idiot.

10th of Apr, 2012

Well considering 90 percent of the people are not replying back I assume they are too busy raping innocent defenseless children to reply back so yes I do have proof that most of the users on this site are pedophiles.

• Up
      10th of Apr, 2012

Or it could mean that they are not online that they have lives outside of this site, (unlike you). It could also mean that they are smart enough to ignore you and your little tantrum.

10th of Apr, 2012

WOW!! another DOUCHEBAG who does not have a freaking life!

I wrote the original post and made only 3 comments.
    The rest of these comments that are "supposedly" written from JulesNYC for the past 2 hours is some ### who registered TODAY mimicking the same name, using a cap I as an L, from Grandview Indiana. You are so pathetic and need to pretend to be someone else to egg others on for a reaction with your comments?!!! How dare you turn a serious complaint into something to entertain yourself with-

You and Tasha4 should definitely get together, get off this forum and GET A LIFE!!!

10th of Apr, 2012

How do you know that they are just not replying or busy. If they are busy how do you know they are not pedophiles who are busy molesting and raping innocent children? Do you know these people personally. No, and since they are all employees of Spiegel and since Spiegel does not have any standards of hiring maybe they are hiring only child rapists. Maybe it is a requirement to hire idioits, ###s and child rapists.

10th of Apr, 2012

Also like I said someone made duplicate account. I never once posted on this review. I only have one comment and plus two where my account was hacked. The rest were written by someone pretending to be me. Someone hacked my account.

10th of Apr, 2012

One more thing I emailed the moderators of this impersonation and they said that all the posts by JulesNYC have the same IP address. Even if this is the truth it is because the person impersonating me lives in Grandview Indiana as well. Also the person impersonating me is using a capital I instead of L..

10th of Apr, 2012

OOOPs, looks like I accidentally logged on to the newly created account. My impersonator even used the same password as me. Strange, perhaps that is why the admin is saying that we have the same IP address? My bad.

Bizarro Huck_Hoshimoto

You are one of Tasha's sock puppets as well. I have seen your posts so what are you trying to say.

I am just upset that someone is pretending to be me and pretending I am posting ###ed comments to egg people on.

10th of Apr, 2012

Who are you kidding all the replies have the same writing style and childish remarks as the original poster and the fact that you know how it is being done proves more that you are just trolling your own review. Possibly for more replies.

EVERYONE

I encourage you to stop posting the poster is only posting all these insults for attention to their review. To get more replies.

Bizarro Huck_Hoshimoto

I thought you were one of the few people who agreed with me. Never mind the last poster that was not made by me but the person using an capital I instead of an L.

10th of Apr, 2012

user you have no [censored]ing right to tell others not to post on my review. As I stated I only posted this review. I only posted three or four replies. I only replied today. The rest were not by me. In some cases my account was hacked and in other cases someone used an capital I instead of an L.

Get a life instead of harassing me.

• Um
      10th of Apr, 2012

Now just calm down JulesNYC. You are being irrational. An apology to these other members is in order.

10th of Apr, 2012

JulesNYC from Grandview Indiana. Apologize for your SICK impersonation and to the other commentors.

10th of Apr, 2012

I am still waiting for an apology JuleNYC i from Grandview Indiana? You are posing as me. However now we know which JulesNYC is which because I have added a picture in one of my accounts.

10th of Apr, 2012

Also I have changed my state so our states do not match anymore.