Spiegel / Newport News / 4 years later, rec'd collection on paid acc't.!
I have recently rec'd a bill for $24oo+ for an account paid off in 2004 (at a bit over $800). Has anyone else had such a serious issue with this company? The lawyer for the collection agency was very nice, told me that the buyer of the contract, Midland Credit Management Co., and was a debt brokerage. I know that Spiegel has been having financial problems... This appears to be a company selling paid accounts as collectible to gain income. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I intend to let this go to court, if they have done this to me, they likely have done this to many ex-customers.
More Spiegel / Newport News Complaints & Reviews
- Newport News - deceptive marketing practices 
- Spiegel / Newport News - hidden charges! 
- Newport News - billed multiple times for ordered clothing 
- Newport News - hidden charge of "free shipping"! 
- Spiegel / Newport News - spiegel is a dishonest company. shame on you! 
- Spiegel / Newport News - I don't know what to do
- Newport News - you can't get your money back even when it's their mistake 
- Newport News - bad experience from start to finish
- Spiegel/Newport News - dispute of charges!
- Newport News - credit card charges not approved