Spiegel Catalog / Absense of customer service

Spiegel Catalog
Spiegel/Newport News Catalog is a disgrace! I don't know how they are still in business. The way they treat their customers and the incompetence they exhibit is indescribable. Why does it take a company with supposedly high tech 2 months or more to refund payment? Can anyone answer that? Even then, they try to blame the credit card company for their own incompetence. I believe that this company doesn't care about their customers. If something is brought to your attention repeatedly, don't you think you would do something about it? In my experience, those companies that nobody ever expected to fail have indeed failed and many have wound up in bankruptcy...as a result of bad or no customer service. Most of all, not respecting their loyal customers.

A  15th of Jun, 2011 by
agreed!!! its going on 3 months for me and they have not yet credited me. Every time i call Cust service cannot give me a answer but tell me they will put in a request to release my credit. Nothing ever gets done and i never hear back, so i continue to call every week. Does anyone have any other suggetions on what to do or get a hold of a real person with a education that has a brain?
A  18th of Oct, 2011 by
I agree Spiegel is horrible in it's customer service. This past weekend (Oct 15/16, 2011) they had a code for an extra 30% off an order. I could not access their website - a "404 Not Found" appears on a white screen. When I phoned Customer Service to let them know I could not reach their website and asked if they could check into it, the customer service lady told me it was a problem with my computer. I assured her that I had a friend try on a different internet supporter and that I tried through several different computers on different networks - nothing worked and said it was their site that was having problems. I asked if they had an IT line that could check on this - she told me they did not.
I then asked due to my inability to access their site, could I get permission to still use the 30% code later. This was denied. She kept insisting the website worked for her.
I would have at least liked an apologetic tone on how unfortunate it was I was having problems reaching their products and she would see what she could do in allowing me to use the discount code at a later date - no - it was a sorry, this is your problem kind of response.
Considering they send an email every day, sometimes twice a day, I will now unsubscribe - good riddance to them.