Spherion-hewitt Associates / Real Company or Scammers

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

About two months ago, I received an e-mail from a recruiter with Spherion, informing me of an upcoming interview she'd scheduled for me. Well to my surprise, on the day of my interview the man that was suppose to interview me did not. My interviewer was this girl probably late 20's to early 30's. She asked me a series of questions and told me at the end of the interview that she would be sending me an e-mail of additional e-forms I needed to fill out. I found it extremely weird that I had to ask her if I'd got the job. Fortunately, she said yes and told me that the next training class would be starting at the end of August. She gave me no exact dates. Anyway, for someone who has been unemployed for two years, hearing "you got the job" was music to my ears so as soon as I got home I went straight to my computer and pulled up the e-forms, filled them out, and waited for a response that they had been successfully received. After waiting for so long, I decide to send an e-mail to see if she had got the papers. For one week I had no response. Finally, I got an e-mail saying that she had been trying to contact me but was unsuccessful. (I knew that was a lie, because the only contact number she has for me is a home number). Anyway I responded to her and it took another week to respond back. When I did get in contact with her a second time, she told me that my consent form for the background check had not been received and that she was sending me another link to get it filled out. Well since then I've heard nothing. It has now been three weeks and I've heard nothing. I call and call and call and there is no answer, not to mention the fact that the secretaries who answer the phone have no clue of nothing, all they know how to do is transfer.

In my opinion this makes Spherion look very bad as a company. To lead a person on in believing they received a job is very low down. There are thousands of people out there who would do anything to be in the shoes of those who are working...and no one deserves to be treated this way...I had several persons whom I was considering mentioning Spherion to but after the treatment I've received I wouldn't mention this company to my dog.

Comments

• Br
      15th of Oct, 2010

This is the exact same thing that happened to me, almost word for word. Luckily i still had a job though, but i was on the verge of turning in my two week notice. Thank you for posting this. Hopefully it will help more people from wasting time communicating with these people.