SpeedySigns.com, Inc. / Draconian fees and useless return policy

I wanted to put gold house numbers on the transom above my front door. I figured adhesive vinyl lettering would be easy and effective. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of using Speedysigns.com for my custom lettering needs.

In my opinion:

They are not very "speedy"

They are very expensive

The quality of their product is poor

Their customer service is terrible

They have draconian fees and unworkable return policies

First, the colours you select on their order form are different from what you get. I wanted gold numbers with a black outline (so it would look like antique gold leaf). So, I selected "gold metallic". But according to their difficult-to-use, convoluted, online ordering monstrosity, "borders are not available with specialty materials". Fine, I would just use the plain "gold" instead of metallic gold. But what looks gold on the website is a "rotten mustard" colour on the final product. Why do I want that above my front door? Second, the window graphics ship in a cardboard tube that's stapled closed. But the staples are actually through the vinyl sign itself! Great packing job, guys. Finally, Speedy Signs claims that installation is easy. But do they include any instructions? No. I'm not a complete idiot, so tried to make do without instructions. But during my failed attempts, the vinyl numbers kept rolling up on themselves, sticking to each other, and finally just falling off the glass. Worse, the vinyl lettering leaves nasty gunk on the window that is near impossible to clean off. So, the product was not what I wanted, was poorly packed with no instructions, and was impossible to install.

Va

Comments

• Al
      16th of Jul, 2008

The order was placed July 1st 2008 at 8:08PM. The order was shipped via UPS Ground on July 3rd for $7.11 (Which is $3.20 less then the UPS Ground Retail Rate - Based on the rate quote from UPS.com). To say that our service is "not speedy" or padding our shipping prices is just untruthful.

We do offer same day production services - this does have a rush fee associated with it.

A custom product was created for less then $20.00 - you will find most sign companies will charge this just for the setup fee.

Color is very difficult to represent online - monitors vary greatly from monitor to monitor. For this reason we are more then happy to ship color samples if color is important.

The only matter that was brought to our attention was negelect to select the "Reverse" button to have us produce the letters for inside application. Obviously if the user does not select the option for us to build it in reverse, we don't.

Installation instructions are included with all Vinyl Letter orders as well as viewable online through our Information Center. We have many success stories of users that are more then capable of installing their own lettering.

Customer services were contacted demanding a free set of lettering - I feel an offer of 50% off for neglect in reviewing your proof or selecting the correct option is very generous.

As stated in our terms - We do not accept returns on custom product. This is standard policy when dealing with custom product.

We warranty all products from manufacture defects and will replace any product free of charge if it was produced incorrectly.