Speedybuys.comScammed me out of 150$

1 Review updated:

Warning...When i want to Speedybuys.com i thought i was just registering, For in the future i might sit down and see what it is all about. But then i see just after signing up i was charged 150.00. I called and tried to get my money back and they told me they would not give my money back. There was nothing on the sign up form that let me know i was buying 300 bids for 150.00 dollars I simply do not know what to do. I need the money for bills. If you can please help!

Comments

Oct 11, 2010
    Speedybuys.com - Con artists
    Speedybuys.com

I had the same problem like a lot of people here, my credit card was charged $149. I got my money back with a lot of treats and a copy of a letter that I was getting ready to send to the Better Business Bureau, the FTC and the FBI Internet Fraud Division. Do not give up, bombard them with emails until you get your money back. This coming is nothing but a CON. I work for a large law firm and I also had an attorney write them a letter threatening legal action. Do know if that helped but it did not hurt.

• Tr
      Oct 11, 2010
    Speedybuys.com - This site is run by a bunch of sneaky corrupt people
    SpeedyBuys.com
    speedybuys.com

They are thieves. I was told if I entered my promo code I would get 100 free bids. After I entered my code it still wanted my credit card information so I went right to their Q&A page to find out why, and it stated the only reason it needs my card is incase i win a bid it will have my card to charge for shipping and handling. Then 4 days after registering i receive a charge on my credit card for $149 I called them to find out why and none of their phone support members have the authority to help, so i have to email them. I explained to them in an email what happened, and that I am disabled and on a fixed income and I would have never signed up for a site if i knew it cost $149. They do not care they said the site tells you about the $149 charge upon registering. It might if you do not have a promotion code, but when you enter the promo code there is no mention of $149. I never received a receipt or any email mentioning $149. This site is run by a bunch of sneaky corrupt people. When you go to their web site it says three easy steps, register, Bid and receive products. In small writing at the bottom of the page it mentions the $149, so even if you were signing up without a promo code you could easily miss where it claims $149. The site is set up to trick people into not seeing the charge. They do everything to hide the $149 charge. I have never been on a site that doesn't tell you how much your card is being billed during the sign up/check out process. They don't. The worst part of the whole thing is I contacted them the second i saw the charge, it was obvious I had no intention of joining the site if i knew about the $149 sign up fee, and all they say to me is too bad you paid and that's it. I never even used the site so basically they are charging me for no service.

• Ke
      Oct 26, 2010
    Speedybuys.com - Don't be scammed
    Speedybuys.com

Purchased bids and won items.Speedybuys.com states that items ship within 1 to 2 weeks. It has been a month now and no items.When trying to contact them, I get run around, No answers to emails.When calling, am placed on hold, then disconnected.I am wishing I had taken my Christmas money and made purchases locally.It is just wrong that someone can do this and get by with it without having to go to prison.Please beware of this so called company. IT Is a SCAM!!Go to another site if you must buy on uctions. I have won several with Bigdeal.com and received as promised.Again, beware of Speedybuy.com.Do not be scammed ny Speedynuys.com

• Ra
      Nov 18, 2010

Is there anyway you can send me the copy of your e-mail that you sent them? I have been trying to get refund without success.

• Ji
      Jan 05, 2011
    Speedybuys.com - Awful Experience
    speedybuys.com

This site is the same people that brought you beezid.com and jumbocloseouts.com. In fact if you investigate the source code, it look slike they simply copied the site to a new name once people catch on. Complete and utter scam, don't waste you money or time.

• Pa
      Nov 12, 2011
    Speedybuys.com - Awful Experience
    Speedybuys.com

Speedybuys.com is in my opinion a Rip-Off site. they lured me in under the guise of free 300 bids to a limited amount of new customers. they charged my 149 for the 300 Bids.
    I had entered my credit card information, assuming this was needed in case I won an auction.
    After using the site for a few hours the end of auction timer kept resetting. I decided this was crap so i left the site, the following Monday i noticed the charge on my credit card. I contacted the company via their phone number on the web site. I basically got the run around. the representative said he cannot offer a refund and that I would have to email [protected]@speedybuys.com. I asked to talk to a supervisor but that was refused.

I called my credit card company and disputed the charges. we will see where it goes from here.