Speedy-Repo.com / Fraudulent Price Quote

1 NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-342-7737

Our company found itself in need of a Repo service when one of our independent contractors refused to turn over a company vehicle after we terminated his services. In my research of possible Repo companies, I found www.speedy-repo.com. I contacted them and spoke with Scott in regards to whether or not they could help us and what the price of their services would be. Scott told me on two separate occassions that the charge would only be about $200 to $600. After our second conversation, I contracted Speedy-Repo to get our company vehicle (a 2003 Dodge Ram) back. Over the course of 1 to 2 weeks, I spoke with our assigned "investigator" Tom Daniels several times in regards to leads on finding the vehicle. Speedy-Repo did find our vehicle, but when we received the invoice - it was for $3840.00. The invoice was from a company called I.C.U. Inc (they apparently own Speedy-Repo). And, they wouldn't release my vehicle to me until I paid by wire transfer. DO NOT do business with Speedy-Repo or I.C.U. Inc. unless you are prepared to pay $3000.00 or more to get your vehicle back. I firmly believe that Scott, the original person I spoke with, knowingly lied to me about the price of their services. They get you to contract with them, get your vehicle, and then refuse to even tell you where they are holding it until you pay whatever insane dollar amount that they choose. Again - BEWARE - IT'S A SCAM!!!

Cr

Comments

• Se
      8th of Jan, 2009

I too hired ICU having a tough case. We are located in California. and had a skip move to Atlantic city with our MBZ S230 2006. I was able to find an adress. Mind you a good one on MLK Blvd, for this person. gave the case to ICU to handle. they sat on it for 2 months. then tell me the person moved. and had a confrintation while they had a moving truck there . and then 5 day later I get a call from. Jay From ICU. telling me. we got it. telling me that the subject moved 3 blocks away. We were very happy to hear this. until we got the invoice. 350 for repo. 120 for keys. which the debtor gave us . 90 for lock out. and 30 a day storage. and a $3, 716.00 skip fee. for a bill over 4k. I did some homework here. I called Atlantic police and spoke to a det. Found out. who actualy picked up the car. and were. and how. 1 block from our home. the subject still lives there. never had any contact. and it was a drive up just happend to be out in the open. their fee was 350. 10 free storage. then 15 a day. from there. They had no idea of our bill and fees. This guy does all the work. great job by the way. and he gets taken like we do. ? I am convinced that ICU knew from the beggining they would take us. I asked every time for updates and never got complete answers. as Per Rick@icu.com the reason is simple. they want total control. I am also in control of corespondence that tells me when we pay we will get the info we paid for. Would a good buisness hold info hostage. ? We want to know what we pay for. I will never use any company that associates themselves with ICU. The company I work for is a national company. with a huge invitory. needless to say. You indipendent guys need to wake up and insure that your not getting used too.
    RICHARD DUNBAR @ seekersog@hotmail.com if you have any question.
    I say when in doubt check it out. it's your money dont let someone beat you for it.

9th of Jan, 2009

We have done business with this company more than once and have always had a Fantastic outcome. The Staff has always been informative, very upfront and easy to work with. The fees are fair and reasonable for the quality of work we have received. I am astonished at waht has been written here. More than likely thes allegation were fabricated by a less successful reposession Company with an axe to grind.

We have had very good success with ICU and have personally worked closely with some of the individuals mentioned, these claims are ridiculous.

Thhis Company has been operating for several years and has executed Thousands of reposessions. Come on No body likes the Repo Man their not supposed to. Anyways ICU is a great asset to us very professional.

9th of Jan, 2009

Speedy Repo has been wonderful to work with. The rates are very reasonable and they always get the asset even when several other companies have tried already without success.

Speedy Repo is highly reccomended by us and regardless of whatever false claims are made against them here will not change our opinion to detour us from continueing to use them frequently for all of our reposession needs.

Speedy Repo is truly the BEST. And this isolated false claim does not fairly represent this Company

27th of Jan, 2009

Really confused by the complaints I have read. Our company has used Speedy Repo and Icu Inc. for many years with great results. Yes they charge for skip tracing but they also work contingent and never have charged this company a dime when a vehicle couldn't be located even after months of their time and effort. We have used many other companies that charge us close outs and in our opinion have never worked the case just looked for the easy close out money. We are of firm opinion that this company works hard for their fees and any vehicle they have recovered (almost all we have sent them) was well worth the cost compared to what we would lose in a charge off or pay our attorneys to take legal action

• Br
      1st of Apr, 2009

Check out the Better Business Bureau. I.C.U., Inc. rated an F. I also had issues with this company. They literally held my boat hostage after quoting me $350 then faxing me an invoice for $4, 480.
    Check out /link removed/ and you will find several cases where I.C.U., Inc has scammed people with their repossessions, quoting one price then billing THOUSANDS more.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!
    See Below...my post on this site, I copied and pasted to here to warn anyone and everyone who will listen to me

I.C.U., Inc. www.tracerservices.com Complaints - Fraudulent Business Practices - CONS
    Review all I.C.U., Inc. www.tracerservices.com complaints

Fort Worth, Texas
    Phone: 888-342-7737
    tracerservices.com

ICU, INC. CON ARTISTS
    BEWARE!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! THEY WILL SCAM YOU!!!

I.C.U., Inc.
    www.tracerservices.com

460 800-15355 24th Avenue
    Suite 460
    Surry, BC V4A 2H9

888-342-7737 PHONE
    866-329-8787 FAX
    866-959-7376 PHONE (Mike Collins)
    888-577-7376 PHONE (Rick Green)

They will quote you over the phone BOGUS QUOTES and add THOUSANDS in excessive charges they do not quote for you or tell you.
    They will hold your property hostage and try to extort money from you!
    They will hide your property from you and tell you that you have to wire them money first (TO CANADA) before they will give you the location of your property, they say they will fax you the location of your property AFTER you wire them the money to Canada.

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU REPORTS

I.C.U., Inc. did NOT respond to the Better Business Bureau complaints.
    They are listed as UNSATISFACTORY and scored an F rating

SEE MY REPORTS AND OTHERS!!!

/URL removed/

There are more reports on this site as well.

• Ac
      12th of May, 2009

JUST DON'T WALK AWAY, RUN AWAY, WE USED THEM TOO AND GOT BURNT. THEY MISQUOTE, MISLEAD, HOLD COLLATERAL HOSTAGE. "MARK" AND "JOHN " LIKELY WORK FOR THESE TOADS.

• Vi
      20th of May, 2009

i too i'm currently dealing with these bad guys, i do not understand why all of us don't together and suit these guys. is there any of our government branch that can help people from getting victimized by these thieves

• Sh
      2nd of Dec, 2009

ICU quoted me $350.00 for repossession. The bill came to $32, 250.00 - of which 31k was for skip tracing. Skip tracing costs between $20 to $120 tops. These guys are scam artists. They will pay for this. BTW, all the posts of people stating they had great outcomes are just employees posing. I am filing a federal suit class action, so if you can contact me to join in a larger settlement for damages email me at slumdogm2009 @ yahoo . com

ICU, Rick Green and Don Hall (Who claims he is just a repo guy working for a few hundred) are all in it to scam the American public. THEY ARE ECONOMIC TERRORISTS and deserve to burn in hell. Sorry, just a bit emotional as I lost my 2007 AMG benz from these phuck heads.

4th of Dec, 2009

Shank above Or Ryan Shank is a slumdog liar as indicated in his own email address. There ar no crimes being committed except for the slander above.
    Actually ICU works on a contingent basis as clearly outlined in their agreements which by the way have to be signed prior to ICU accepting a case EVER. If you can not read that is no reason to make up lies about a Company that has work to it;s customers advantge for over 2 Decades. Really? Ryan grow up and take responsibility for you actions. And pay your bills you scammer...

• Pr
      8th of Dec, 2009

does it ever occur to anyone that the good comments are from the people who work for this company.

• Sc
      26th of Dec, 2009

Wow, how can these guys still be in business? They are trying to screw me too. I found the truck and they are trying to charge me 5k to pick it up. I had them say the same things to me, they had all this time in skip traces, I placed a picture on craigslist and some one wrote me within the hour telling me they know right where it was, so we call and had ICU pick it up and then they demanded a ransom to pick it up. It's like "loan sharking".

• Ri
      4th of Feb, 2010

ICU coming to a sticky end soon. Contact ShankSVU. Let's get this finished.

• Ka
      22nd of Feb, 2010

This company THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS, they operate outside country, in CANADA, and have local ###***** ripping us off!!! They were charging me 12% skip trace for my RANGE ROVER 2008, which costs 70, 000, so you do the math, invoice was over 8, 000!! Don't DEAL with these LOW LIVES!!!

• Au
      14th of Apr, 2010

i agree. these people are the new wave of thiefs. they told me one price of $350 and charging me $2380. i sent them right to the car. my cars are equipted with gps units. these people are anti americans. if you even think about using them then you will pay the price for not listening to me. do not let this company live much longer. call your local law enforcement on these guys if you have been nailed by them. file a complaint. do not rest until justice is served. this is not what america stands for. in the end they will be judged by a higher person. he will show no mercy. as i said they are just down right thieves!!!

15th of May, 2010

They ripped my mother off as well! They tryed keeping her 2007 s550 Benz! They put 7000 miles on it demanded $10, 000 . Stole my laptop and jewerly out the car! Threw away the plate to the plate to the car. We tryed suing them their address is a p.o box in Canada . Their the most shadiest ppl one can meet! The attorney general should shut these ppl down! They took the car with false paper work hid the car and demanded $10, 000 dollars!they need to be shut down!

• Lv
      5th of Jul, 2010

Interested as a licensed repossessor in Nevada, when you payed the fees where were you cars located? Reason I ask is I have a client which used speedy repo/icu inc./repo-world one of there many bogus names and now they sent him a bill for $1800.00 after he gave them the location of the car. These people are not licensed in Nevada thats for sure. They sent him a condition report for unit that was signed by someone named Mel Thomas. If anybody has any info to where they picked up there cars after paying the ransom I would be greatful. You can email me at smallblocktuner@yahoo.com

• Li
      25th of Jan, 2011

the company is based out of ohio none of the other bogus cities mentioned they are a scam and have made a obscene amount of money for little to no work BEWARE of them. Anyone of the people that have said its a good company works there!!!

• Sc
      30th of Jun, 2011

THIS COMPANY HERE ICU. INC (FROM BRITTISH COLOMBIA GOES MY THE NAME OF NATIONWIDE-REPO, SPEEDY-REPO.
    these so called repo company is charging $1890.00
    the do not discuss this with you. they will automatically charge this amount because you allow them to do this with holdharmless.
    they turn rude and nasty afterwards. they want you to wire transfer money. your are suppose to trust this company after they chargeyou 60 to 70 % of your collaterals worth.

• De
      23rd of Oct, 2011

I want to get my cars back is their any way to fight this or do you have to pay them

27th of Jun, 2017

@devonk3111 If you pay you will get your car back 100%

• Cl
      16th of Jan, 2012

does anyone got their car back after paying?

27th of Jun, 2017