Speedy Immigration Services / Failure to provide services paid for

1 South Africa Review updated:

I applied for my grandfather's unabridged death certificate in March 2013. I applied through a 'passport and visa agent' by the name of Speedy Immigration Services in Randburg and I paid them R750.00 for the application.

The owners of Speedy Immigration Services (Sizwe and Anastasia) informed me that they were able to obtain the certificate between 10-20 days. I asked them repeatedly if they were being truthful as R750.00 is a lot of money for an unabridged certificate application when I could have paid R75.00 at the Home Affairs offices.

But they promised that it could be done urgently.

I have been waiting for them to obtain this certificate of my grandfather's since March 2013, that is 3 months. They have been telling me for the last month that the certificate has been processed, it must just be printed.

But everytime I go to collect or phone to ask them if they have collected it, they tell me that there is a problem, either they don't have a car, or they are sick, etc. Every week they have a different excuse. They now completely ignore my requests, I have phoned, sms'd and have emailed them umpteen times.

Now I am at my wit's end and I wrote to the Home Affairs to find out if my certificate was ever applied for and where it was submitted and if it has been collected.

The Home Affairs wrote back to me telling me that the certificate has been ready to collect since 17th May 2013. That is one month that it has been ready to collect, but Sizwe and Anastasia from Speedy Immigration Services have been making excuses and delaying collecting my certificate for a whole month. They are completely ignoring my requests, Sizwe has put the phone down on me 4 times to date. As soon as I tell him that it is me on the phone, he puts the phone down.

They told me that they submitted in Pretoria, but it could also be Soweto Home Affairs where they submitted. They never gave me a copy of the receipt.

I have wasted so much time and money now and the application was urgent to begin with.

Speedy Immigration Services
Speedy Immigration Services

Ro
Jun 12, 2013

Comments

• Ts
      3rd of Nov, 2014

I really advise all people to not go there. I have just had a bad storie about them recently. The service is really really bad and they take so much money. They don't know how to treat their clients.