Speedpost / late service

I would like to lodge a complaint against Speedpost EMS for their terrible service. I am a student in the United Kingdom and I was supposed to have received a parcel sent by my mother but I have yet to receive it. The parcel contains pots and pans as well as a new Macbook Pro charger intended as a replacement for my current one since it isn't functioning properly. When my mother posted the parcel, she was told by the post office employee that the parcel would reach me within 3-5 days, but it is currently the 12th day since it was posted and I have yet to have receive it. My mother posted the item using the express service because I told her that I would need the items to cook food for my own sustenance and because of the delay, I have been unable to consume proper food. I have been eating bread for the past couple of days because my university is a distance away from restaurants, and also because I do not have the luxury of time to leave school to travel far for meals. We thought it would be expedited because of the exorbitant mailing fee but that is not the case. To further compound the problem, I am also required to pay more money in the form of "customs charges", something my mother was not informed of. When she made payment for the service, she was made to believe that the payment process was concluded, but it is not the case. Not only was she misinformed vis a vis the mail time/period, she wasn't informed of extra charges as well, charges that I am now liable to pay for. Unless I pay the extra charges, my parcel will not be sent to me. I have also sent an email to a Speedpost e-mail address I found on the Internet but I have yet to receive any sort of explanation. I posted such a complaint to them on Monday, 6 October 2014, UK time. I am now waiting for my parcel and if all goes well, I am supposed to receive it on Monday, 2 whole weeks from the date it was posted, and 9 days later than the time window/period the post office worker informed my mother of. Had I known Speedpost EMS would have been this inefficient, I would have advised my mother to choose another courier, and I am shocked that our national courier is this inefficient. I hope someone replies to this because I am extremely disappointed that our national courier would treat a son of the nation who's so far away so horribly.

Speedpost